Quote:

a tiny human life with no defenses and no way to protect itself from this insanity.

What you are saying here is true. However, I do not agree with many of your points. Had this tiny human life been aborted, it never would have had the chance to live at all. Parents do not always know what their children are up to. You can teach your child what is right, but they have to be able to make their own decisions. Parents will not always be with the children when certain situations arise. The parents have to hope that their child has listened and learned from what they have been told. I will agree that adoption would probably have been the best thing for this child, but I don't know all of the circumstances either. How do we know that this girl chose to get pregnant? Maybe she was raped. There is a lot that could have played into this scenario, we just don't know. I understand that your responses were immediate and that immediate responses often come with hostility when a life has been lost. I am often guilty of that too, but I am sure that there is much more to this story that may or may not come out. I was just trying to point out that maybe abortion is not always the right answer. I know MANY couples who would have adopted and cared for a baby that was unexpected to a teenaged girl. Many people cannot have babies of their own and by acts of God, these other people do have them without being able to care for them. Unfortunately, this family has to live with this the rest of their lives. There were some very poor choices made, but you can't put most of the blame on the family. The family didn't kill the baby, the mother did.