Originally Posted By: lncooper
Originally Posted By: Strawberry Jam
I have a small scar on my left arm. My children do not. It is from a smallpox vaccination. I would much rather have that small scar than had to have faced that dreadful disease.

It's not a choice of A) vaccine and maybe a small scar from the shot but guaranteed health or B) no vaccine and definite illness. There is an option C) no vaccine and still have a high likelihood of not getting the illness, especially when you take good care of your general health.

Take a look at some remote thrid world countries without the options of immunizations for all. Something the free world is trying to help with.
It is your right and your choice not to vaccinate your child, no matter why you make that choice as you feel this is protecting your children.

It is also my choice and others, to choose to have had or to have our children vaccinated to protect them.

As much as you say we are hammering on you for your beliefs, you are hammering back, and that is what started the thread in the first place.

I have a friend whose Mother was afflicted with polio. She lived, but now has a permanent limp and great amount of pain. She has lived with this since childhood, and you will not hear her complain. But, her daughter knows the pain she feels.

I would not want to watch my children suffer.