https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/kellyan...ps-impeachment/

Kellyanne Conway’s husband celebrates the first Republican to back Trump’s impeachment

The first Republican to back the impeachment of Donald Trump was praised by prominent GOP attorney George Conway, who is married to White House councilor Kellyanne Conway.

Republican Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) on Saturday called for Trump’s impeachment.

“Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report,” Amash noted. “President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.”

“I offer these conclusions only after having read Mueller’s redacted report carefully and completely, having read or watched pertinent statements and testimony, and having discussed this matter with my staff, who thoroughly reviewed materials and provided me with further analysis,” Amash said.

“Contrary to Barr’s portrayal, Mueller’s report reveals that President Trump engaged in specific actions and a pattern of behavior that meet the threshold for impeachment,” he added. “In fact, Mueller’s report identifies multiple examples of conduct satisfying all the elements of obstruction of justice, and undoubtedly any person who is not the president of the United States would be indicted based on such evidence.”

The Republican congressman also railed against the strategy of Speaker Nancy Pelosi to refuse impeachment.

“While impeachment should be undertaken only in extraordinary circumstances, the risk we face in an environment of extreme partisanship is not that Congress will employ it as a remedy too often but rather that Congress will employ it so rarely that it cannot deter misconduct,” the Republican argued. “America’s institutions depend on officials to uphold both the rules and spirit of our constitutional system even when to do so is personally inconvenient or yields a politically unfavorable outcome.”

Conway gave the Republican congressman props for his stance.