Vietnam BANS Glyphosate!!! (article below)

-------------

Monsanto trial, phase 2

Glyphosategirl (Kelly Ryerson) gives a detailed account of day 2 and touches upon her past health problems which mimic almost exactly what one of my family members has experienced.

PHASE 2, DAY 2 – MIND-BLOWING ADMISSIONS by Glyphosate Girl

Donna Farmer: Surfactants are named for surface acting substances, because they act on the surface of cells. Unlike when you have surfactants in body soap, you have a tough layer of skin to help protect your other cells from that. Your GI system doesn’t have that protective layer. Those surfactants are very disruptive to those really delicate cells that are in the lining of the GI system.

And there we have it. Supportive evidence that the explosion of modern disease is connected to the mega-consumption of Roundup destroying our intestinal linings. I just never anticipated the information to come from the Monsanto labs and mouth of the Monsanto senior toxicologist herself. Does she have any idea the door that she has just opened?

As many will remember, Monsanto Toxicologist Dr. Donna Farmer – AKA the Defender of Glyphosate – had a reasonably strong (for the defense) video deposition in the Johnson trial as so much evidence of Monsanto’s bad behavior was excluded from discussion. Things have changed. Attorney Plaintiff Brent Wisner’s aggressive, dynamic questioning in today’s Farmer deposition video reveals more information than even GG knew. Jurors frantically fill their notebooks with details, and journalists pound away on keyboards because every single word is just that rich and revealing. It’s hard for me to contain my gasps. Oh my goodness, where to even start with this one. OK.

Wisner presents a series of articles and corresponding internal emails, providing ample evidence of the sketchy behavior of Farmer and Dr. William Heydens, Monsanto Regulatory Product Safety Assessment Lead. Bummer for them that email lasts forever, because I’m not sure how Monsanto ever recovers from the details revealed.

Wisner continues, pointing out that Monsanto epidemiologist Acquavella also stated that “it looks like NHL and other lymphopoietic cancers continue to be the main cancer epidemiology issues for both glyphosate and alachlor.”

Farmer responds “That’s what he is saying, but once again, it wasn’t our concern. This is from the epidemiology studies, but not from the studies and the animal data we had. It wasn’t a concern for us.”

Plaintiff Attorney Brent Wisner: When you say the surfactant is disruptive to the GI system, what do you mean? Tell us a little more about what that actually means as far as the animal ingesting surfactant or the formulated product that includes a surfactant.

Donna Farmer: Surfactants are named for surface acting substances, because they act on the surface of cells. Unlike when you have surfactants in body soap, you have a tough layer of skin to help protect your other cells from that. Your GI system doesn’t have that protective layer. Those surfactants are very disruptive to those really delicate cells that are in the lining of the GI system.

And there we have it. Supportive evidence that the explosion of modern disease is connected to the mega-consumption of Roundup destroying our intestinal linings. I just never anticipated the information to come from the Monsanto labs and mouth of the Monsanto senior toxicologist herself. Does she have any idea the door that she has just opened?

CONTINUATION OF THE DEPOSITION OF DONNA FARMER

As many will remember, Monsanto Toxicologist Dr. Donna Farmer – AKA the Defender of Glyphosate – had a reasonably strong (for the defense) video deposition in the Johnson trial as so much evidence of Monsanto’s bad behavior was excluded from discussion. Things have changed. Attorney Plaintiff Brent Wisner’s aggressive, dynamic questioning in today’s Farmer deposition video reveals more information than even GG knew. Jurors frantically fill their notebooks with details, and journalists pound away on keyboards because every single word is just that rich and revealing. It’s hard for me to contain my gasps.

Oh my goodness, where to even start with this one. OK.

The video depicts Farmer sitting at a table, with attorneys all off screen. It shouldn’t matter, but I’ll tell you anyway – she is dressed sharply, with a crisp button-down shirt, dark blazer, chunky pearl necklace, and long, tamed, and red curly hair falling down around her shoulders. She takes her glasses on and off, pending on whether the question requires reading or not. Her appearance is professional and appropriate in giving a competent first impression.

Farmer explains her role at Monsanto as one of responsibility for getting to know the science behind glyphosate, communicating that science, and working through the regulatory agencies to get glyphosate products approved for sale.

Wisner presents a series of articles and corresponding internal emails, providing ample evidence of the sketchy behavior of Farmer and Dr. William Heydens, Monsanto Regulatory Product Safety Assessment Lead. Bummer for them that email lasts forever, because I’m not sure how Monsanto ever recovers from the details revealed.

DeRoos 2003

In an email exchange between Monsanto ecotoxicologist Katherine Carr, Monsanto epidemiologist Dr. Acquavella, Dr. Farmer and others, Carr calls the DeRoos 2003 paper to attention. The DeRoos study concludes that there is a 2.1x risk ratio of developing NHL with exposure to glyphosate. Clearly sparking concern, Acquavella writes: “strangely, glyphosate looks to be one of the pesticides most associated with NHL in this analysis.” He expresses concern that this study, in addition to Hardell and McDuffie studies that showed an increased risk of NHL with exposure to glyphosate, could add “fuel to the fire.”

Wisner asks: “Would it be fair to say that Hardell, McDuffie and now DeRoos, all showing elevated risks of NHL associated with glyphosate, was creating concern that in fact Roundup might cause NHL?”

Farmer gives a clumsy response: “No, I don’t think it was a concern that Roundup caused NHL. I think there were epidemiology publications out there. From what I understand from John, there were….one had exposure…there were differences in these studies…so it wasn’t a concern for …that Roundup was causing NHL.”

Farmer’s words become choppy and rapid, and clearly she is feeling stressed. I’m not sure why she didn’t answer: OF COURSE we were worried, but felt confident that we still had enough research to support our conclusion.

Wisner continues, pointing out that Monsanto epidemiologist Acquavella also stated that “it looks like NHL and other lymphopoietic cancers continue to be the main cancer epidemiology issues for both glyphosate and alachlor.”

Farmer responds “That’s what he is saying, but once again, it wasn’t our concern. This is from the epidemiology studies, but not from the studies and the animal data we had. It wasn’t a concern for us.”

WHAT? I thought that Monsanto relied mostly on epidemiology to prove the non-carcinogenic profile of glyphosate. Why would she publically dismiss a human study in favor of the animal studies?

Eriksson and Combating Organic

Farmer is shown an email from 2008 between Farmer and Dean Nasser, reporting on the recent Eriksson epidemiological study that found a 2.02 odds ratio of NHL from glyphosate exposure. Nasser sent the group an October 28th article from a GG favorite website, Beyond Pesticides, which highlighted the results of the Eriksson study. Beyond Pesticides recommended people “avoid carcinogenic herbicides in foods by supporting organic agriculture and on lawns by using nontoxic land care strategies that rely on soil health, non-toxic herbicides.” Sounds like a reasonable measure in general, but apparently not if you are in the business of peddling pesticides.

In response, Farmer writes in the group email: “We have been aware of this paper for a while and knew it would only be a matter of time before the activists pick it up…How do we combat this?” She is looking to combat organic and nontoxic agriculture, despite what should be considered an alarming epidemiological study that glyphosate may cause NHL.

The conversation and debate about what constitutes ghostwriting continues. Eventually, Wisner digs into specific examples of Monsanto’s ghostwriting, proving the ghostwriting through internal email correspondence.

Wisner presses an extremely uncomfortable, fast-talking Farmer on the “final editing” point. She claims that he was only talking about correcting any errant page numbers, not about the conclusions of the publication. COME ON.

Wisner continues to pin Farmer down with more incriminating evidence of ghostwriting, including a 2015 email that reveals Heydens discussing using a similar approach to discrediting the IARC classification by “ghostwrite[ing] the exposure tox and genotox sections.” He continues “An option would be to add [scientists] Greim and Kier or Kirkland to have their names on the publication, but we would be keeping the cost down by us doing the writing and they would just edit and sign their names, so to speak.” Finally, Heydens writes: “Recall, that is how we handled Williams, Kroes, and Munro 2000.”

I look at the jury, and can tell that they more than understood the gist of the remarkably successful corruption that has kept a carcinogen for sale en masse on the shelves of Home Depot. Right next to sweet Easter Bunny displays and rich arrays of colorful flowers.

ADMISSIONS

Jennifer Moore (JM) reads a list of Monsanto’s admissions to the jury. OK, so this list is so bad for Monsanto that I think the Plaintiff could end their arguments now and still win significant damages. She went so quickly that I hope I have the wording correctly. Will eventually update when I can see the transcript.

JM: Admit that Monsanto has never studied the association between glyphosate formulations and NHL.

Monsanto: Admitted

JM: Admit that Monsanto has not conducted a long-term animal carcinogenicity study since 1991.

Monsanto: Monsanto admits that it has not identified any 12 month or longer toxicity studies that it has conducted since 1991.

JM: Admit that Monsanto is not precluded by any law, regulation or ordinance from conducting a long-term animal carcinogenicity study on glyphosate formulation.

Monsanto: Admitted

JM: Admit that Monsanto has never conducted a long-term animal carcinogenicity study on any surfactant used in a glyphosate formulated product.

Monsanto: Monsanto admits that it has never conducted a 12 month or longer term animal carcinogenicity study on any surfactants used in glyphosate based products. To the extent a long-term carcinogenicity study is intended to apply to rodents of 4 weeks of age, Monsanto denies the request.

…………

https://glyphosategirl.com/?p=1206&f...Jjqb4Es25-0ZveA

Vietnam...

Seneff: “Hooray for Vietnam! They're banning glyphosate! They already banned Paraquat in 2017. Vietnam is going to become a safe haven for those trying to stay healthy! Might this be a tipping point for glyphosate?”

Vietnam Bans Import of Glyphosate Herbicides after US Cancer Trial Verdict

Vietnam has announced that it has banned the import of all glyphosate-based herbicides with immediate effect following the latest cancer trial verdict from San Francisco, in a move which has shaken Bayer’s Asian market for its top-selling product.

In 2017 the Vietnamese government also officially announced a ban on Syngenta’s paraquat, a highly hazardous pesticide (HHP) and Dow Chemicals’ 2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D), an organic compound found in Agent Orange, which was heavily used during the Vietnam War.

https://sustainablepulse.com/2019/03/25/...t/#.XJjU-7fYo3E

March 24 - How Glyphosate Destroys human health - with Dr Stephanie Seneff of MIT

Stephanie Seneff gives a clear and comprehensive presentation of the facts about glyphosate. It is not safe in terms of its overall impact on human health and wellbeing.

What is glyphosate?
How does it kill things?
Why is it harmful to Humans?
Is it really in all food?
How can we destroy it?
How can we detoxify from contamination?

These are some of the questions addressed in this show as well as practical ways in which we can minimise our exposure to this substance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPQJwZ0ereI

USDA Has Given Non-Regulated Status to More than 20 Gene-Edited Crops – New Report

The plant species listed include pennycress, green foxtail, potatoes, camelina, alfalfa, maize (corn), rice, soybeans, tobacco, tomatoes and wheat and one mushroom. The exact intended traits of the plants cannot always be precisely determined. In many of the registered documents no information is provided because the precise description of the targeted genes is categorized as confidential business information (CBI). It is also sometimes difficult to find information on the progress of developments – it does however appear that applications are filed at early stage. Generally, it has to be assumed that by no means will all of the plants registered come on to the market. On the other hand, some companies have announced to investors that some specific plants will be on the market very soon.

https://sustainablepulse.com/2019/03/14/...t/#.XJjVsbfYo3E

California Jury Finds Roundup Weedkiller to be ‘Substantial Factor’ in Causing Man’s Cancer

The case will now proceed to the second trial phase to determine damages and whether Monsanto failed to warn Hardeman about the product’s alleged cancer risks. The parties will present opening arguments in the next phase of the trial on Wednesday.

https://sustainablepulse.com/2019/03/19/...zs#.XJjXGbfYo3F

New Study Shows Major Molecular Differences between GMO and Non-GMO Corn - 2016

Overall, the findings of this study disprove industry and regulatory agency claims that NK603 is ‘substantially equivalent’ to its non-GMO counterpart and suggest that a more thorough evaluation of the safety of consuming products derived from this GMO corn on a long term basis should be undertaken.

https://sustainablepulse.com/2016/12/19/...n/#.XJjWU7fYo3E

Seneff: “Fascinating story of attempts to use CRISPR to make sure all the offspring turn out "male." Crazy science!”

https://www.wired.com/story/crispr-gene-...aZL9rcyZkc2er94