https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...ssure-on-talks?

Graham of South Carolina released a statement that didn’t explicitly confirm what Trump said, but it didn’t contradict Durbin’s version of events.

“Following comments by the president, I said my piece directly to him yesterday,” Graham said. “The president and all those attending the meeting know what I said and how I feel. I’ve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals.”

Republican Senators Tom Cotton of Arkansas and David Perdue of Georgia -- who attended Thursday’s meeting -- didn’t specifically deny Trump made the remarks but said in a joint statement Friday, "We do not recall the president saying these comments specifically but what he did call out was the imbalance in our current immigration system."

Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina, the only black Republican in the chamber, was quoted by the Post and Courier in Charleston as saying that Graham told him the reports on the president’s remarks were "basically accurate." Scott, who wasn’t in the meeting, added, "If that comment is accurate, the comment is incredibly disappointing."