http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/29/politics/donald-trump-new-york-times/index.html

The 47 most outrageous lines in Donald Trump's New York Times interview
Chris Cillizza

Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

Updated 9:24 AM ET, Sat December 30, 2017

On Thursday at Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump decided to sit down and chat. With a reporter. For The New York Times. For 30 minutes.
Lucky for us, the Times released excerpts of the conversation between Trump and Michael Schmidt. I went through the interview and took note of 47 -- yes, 47 -- of the most stand-out lines. They're below.

1. "I thought it was a terrible thing he did. [Inaudible.] I thought it was certainly unnecessary. I thought it was a terrible thing."
Is this Trump talking about some longtime political opponent, you ask? Nope. It's actually Trump talking about his own attorney general, Jeff Sessions, and the decision by Sessions to recuse himself from the Russia investigation! And that, by the way, was a terrible thing.

28. "I don't want to get into loyalty, but I will tell you that, I will say this: Holder protected President Obama. Totally protected him."
I don't want to pick my favorite Trump quote in this interview but I will tell you this is it.

29. "We hear bulls*** from the Democrats. Like Joe Manchin. Joe's a nice guy."
From "bulls***" to "nice guy" in eight words: The presidency of Donald Trump.

45. "In fact, I hate to say, it was reported this morning, and it was reported on Fox."
"Believe it or not, even when I'm in Washington or New York, I do not watch much television." -- Donald Trump

46. "Another reason that I'm going to win another four years is because newspapers, television, all forms of media will tank if I'm not there because without me, their ratings are going down the tubes."
The cynicism here is towering. And it reveals Trump's basic belief that everything and everyone is solely motivated by profit.

47. "So they basically have to let me win."
Well, that about does it for me. Happy (almost) New Year!