rump on Thursday was widely condemned by fellow Republicans for dramatically escalating his long-running feud with Brzezinski and Scarborough, with multiple lawmakers saying the tweets were beneath the office of the president.

"I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came ... to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!" Trump tweeted Thursday morning.

On Friday, Trump revived his attacks, despite the flood of Republicans implicitly telling him to rein in his Twitter habit.

“Watched low rated @Morning_Joe for first time in long time. FAKE NEWS. He called me to stop a National Enquirer article. I said no! Bad show,” Trump tweeted.

Brzezinski and Scarborough had addressed the alleged National Enquirer story in their op-ed, writing, “This year, top White House staff members warned that the National Enquirer was planning to publish a negative article about us unless we begged the president to have the story spiked. We ignored their desperate pleas.”

Edited by kyle585 (06/30/17 03:45 PM)