http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/29/politics/trump-world-leaders-image-100-days/index.html

The world was dumbfounded by the election of Donald Trump, and his first 100 days in office have done little to alleviate a deep sense of uncertainty and unpredictability. Indeed, as one observer put it, the last few weeks alone have caused a severe case of global geostrategic whiplash.

The number of campaign promises that have morphed into presidential U-turns is staggering. Allies and adversaries alike are trying to figure out whether a Trump Doctrine is emerging, or whether, as former CIA Director Michael Hayden recently told me, a discernible doctrine does not exist in what resembles a family-run business of policy from the White House.

National security adviser H.R. McMaster "has hired a very bright woman to write the US National Security Strategy," he said. "It's a tough job. I did it twice for George H.W. Bush. But I was building on precedent and historic consensus. It's really going to be interesting to see what an America First national security strategy looks like when you've got to write it down."