Originally Posted By: kyle585
Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: Timbo
Originally Posted By: Formermac
Kyle, I've always consider us to have an amicable relationship here on the forum, I choose to keep it that way, so I bid you adieu but I have a question before leaving......if we had a country primarily possessing individuals having your personal beliefs, would my dream of a equally balanced nation be a reality today?
You bid me adieu and then you make several comments in a matter of a few hours when I am gone? Strange. If everyone believed as I do, certainly we would have a equally balanced nation because I believe the same laws should apply to everyone.
Unless the laws have been and still are unfair, illegal or in violation of the original agreements, as they undeniably are.
Tell me what laws are unfair or illegal.
Any that were a result of force, coercion or intimidation. In other words, everything that originated from the laws established by white man.
As you often say on here, specifics please. Any law established by a white man is bad? Wow

I didn't say that "all laws established by a white man are bad", did I?

I'm saying that... as it applies to treaties and the laws established therein, virtually all are a direct result of coercion, intimidation, threats of harm or death and regardless of past Indian "ignorance", they acted in most every case, in good faith and historically, white man did not, thereby violating the spirit of the agreements or by establishing laws which do NOT meet the British Principles of Contractual Jurisprudence that our very legal system is based upon.

It's a simple concept, really. If one or more party knowingly screws over another, the contract is void. If a law is established through coercion, etc., the law is illegal or unenforceable. And as a result, all current laws and treaties between the US and Native Americans are simply built upon a foundation of either illegal or unenforceable laws. Taxes being just one example.

Even if I believed that the Indians owe any allegiance to White man's laws (and I don't)...

1) The Indians know that they have to "game" the system if they ever want to regain their full and rightful sovereignty.
2) You cannot claim to be for "racial equality under the law" when the law has all along been used to inflict barbaric suffering upon the entire original ethnic population of this continent.
3) White man crapped in this bed, now he must lie in it.