Originally Posted By: C.I.Brown
You have raised some good issues. Maybe channel 10 should have been at the parade filming all the beer drinking that went on, and I am going to go out on a limb here, at the taxpayer's expense. If the fire department wants to be shown in a better light, then do away with the beer drinking especailly in public, and be better role models especially for the kids.

I would love to see the return of their carnival, but apparently money is a motivator. I was particularly distressed at the comment from channel news 10 that in order for the fire department to serve the outlying towns, they need money as an incentive. Shouldn't it all be one big fire district?

They should get paid to cover outlying parts of townships. No doubt about that. The problem is that the village of Penn Yan just lets them use it as play money. Remember "a little comfortable." No it should not be one big fire district just because they are contracted to cover it. They cover some areas because they can get there faster and it just makes sense.