Originally Posted By: bluezone
Reply before November 22, 2010

http://www.nocayugalandintotrust.net/

LATEST UPDATES

Final Environmental Impact Statement Now Complete

The Bureau of Indian Affairs has completed the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) for the fee-to-trust application for the Cayuga Indian Nation (CIN). The notice of availability of the FEIS was published in the Federal Register on October 22, 2010.

The next step in the process is the issuance of the Record of Decision (ROD) which is the document that will be used to issue the Department of the Interior’s determination on whether to grant or deny CIN's applications for land to be taken into trust. The ROD may be issued either by the Secretary of the Department of the Interior or its designee, the Bureau of Indian Affairs. The ROD cannot be issued until 30 days after the FEIS is issued, which is November 22, 2010 (November 21st is a weekend day so the first day it could be published is November 22).

As set forth in the referenced notice published in the Federal Register, comments on the FEIS may be submitted but need to be received by Monday, November 22. Comments should be directed to:

Franklin Keel
Regional Director, Eastern Regional Office
Bureau of Indian Affairs
545 Marriott Drive
Suite 700
Nashville, Tennessee 37214
Fax: 615-564-6701

Copies of the FEIS are available for viewing at the following locations during normal business hours:
Lakeside Trading
2552 Route 89
Seneca Falls, NY 13148

Lakeside Trading
299 Cayuga Street
Union Springs, NY 13160

Seneca Falls Library
47 Cayuga Street
Seneca Falls, NY 13148

Springport Free Library
171 Cayuga Street
P. O. Box 501
Union Springs, NY 13160

Cayuga and Seneca Counties provided a substantial number of comments to the DEIS as referenced in the FEIS.

You already got one thread locked now you have to start another thread posting this info AND putting it here too!!??!! \:\/

Copies of the FEIS are available for viewing at the following locations during normal business hours:
Lakeside Trading
2552 Route 89
Seneca Falls, NY 13148

While you're at Lakeside for your copy of the FEIS, can you be a peach and get me a carton of smokes and some gas for my lawnmower??