FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#1513128 --- 02/08/18 12:34 PM Cable and Seneca Nursing Home
Red22 Offline

Loc: ny
As of January 23, Spectrum has notified their customers that they needed a cable box in order to get cable TV. It has been over two weeks and the residents at Seneca Nursing Home are without cable boxes, and without ANY sort of TV programming.

Wondering if anyone knows of any other institution that is experiencing these large volume instances for this length of time?

FingerLakes1.com
#1513139 --- 02/09/18 08:18 AM Re: Cable and Seneca Nursing Home [Re: Red22]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
I'm going to make a suggestion and you do with the information what needs to be done to facilitate it, have your people contact GGH health and inquire how they have accomplished this with the help from Spectrum.

#1513149 --- 02/09/18 10:09 AM Re: Cable and Seneca Nursing Home [Re: Red22]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Red22
As of January 23, Spectrum has notified their customers that they needed a cable box in order to get cable TV. It has been over two weeks and the residents at Seneca Nursing Home are without cable boxes, and without ANY sort of TV programming.

Wondering if anyone knows of any other institution that is experiencing these large volume instances for this length of time?

have someone of the staff at the nursing home call spectrum to schedule a technician to come out and install the new cable boxes on the tvs

or

call spectrum and have them mail out the number of cable boxes needed and have someone of the nursing home staff install the boxes

make them aware if they are hdmi tvs

disconnect the cable going the the back of the tv
connect that cable to the cable box connection labeled 'cable in'
connect the smaller length cable included with the new box to the 'cable out' connection
then connect the other end of that cable to the back of the tv
plug in the power cord for the new cable box to the box and then to the wall outlet

set the tv to either channel 3 or 4

insert the batteries to the remote that is included with the new cable box

program the remote to the tv code

turn on the power button on the remote

or

rather than having spectrum mail out the boxes someone from the nursing home staff could pick up the boxes at the spectrum 'store' nearest to them

it would be far easier to have spectrum send out a technician to install the boxes

-----------------------------------

have you asked the nursing home manager if they requested the boxes from sepctrum?

the boxes will be costing about $5 more per month per box (per tv) and the nursing home may not want to pay the added costs

#1513154 --- 02/09/18 12:29 PM Re: Cable and Seneca Nursing Home [Re: Red22]
DR. D Offline

What if I told you that they can allow access.....

#1513162 --- 02/10/18 07:23 AM Re: Cable and Seneca Nursing Home [Re: Red22]
Red22 Offline

I have called the nursing home, and many other advocates for the residents have called the nursing home. This is the response that we get:
"We still do not have cable. Spectrum is aware of the situation. Spectrum hasn't given us a date as to when cable will be restored."

I tried calling Spectrum, but seem to go around in circles on the phone because I don't have an account with Spectrum.

When we called Huntington, their reply was, "Of course we got it switched over, how could you not know you were suppose to get the new boxes? There was an announcement every time you turned the TV on, that you had to call and get it switched."

I'm really frustrated because I'm not getting answers, and it seems like neither party cares.

#1513163 --- 02/10/18 07:24 AM Re: Cable and Seneca Nursing Home [Re: DR. D]
Red22 Offline

Originally Posted By: DR. D
What if I told you that they can allow access.....

The residents can allow access? But they aren't the ones with the account. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

#1513165 --- 02/10/18 12:08 PM Re: Cable and Seneca Nursing Home [Re: Red22]
DR. D Offline

I would snag a Roku and have the nursing home have their people log into it with their account for spectrum, until the leaches from spectrum help out. If having TV is part of their service then the Nursing home needs to respond or I would talk with someone from the State to see what can be done.

#1513211 --- 02/12/18 03:25 AM Re: Cable and Seneca Nursing Home [Re: Red22]
DR. D Offline

This is what is needed by their I.T. guy, Hdhomerun https://www.silicondust.com/product/tech3-6cc/ and a cable card.

#1513929 --- 04/02/18 11:46 AM Re: Cable and Seneca Nursing Home [Re: Red22]
Code Red Offline

Loc: Out of my mind....
What brand or model would a person buy, if they wanted to BUY their own cable box?