FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 22 of 22 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22
Topic Options
#1499288 --- 05/25/17 03:13 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Outside
Originally Posted By: kyle585
A day never goes by when Trump doesn't do something to make us look more ridiculous in the eyes of the whole world. It is so disgusting.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/awkward-m...ory?id=47644082

President Donald Trump isn't afraid to mix it up in the boardroom and today in Brussels he showed he could throw some proverbial elbows -- or hands -- too.

One of the more surprising moments caught on camera today at the NATO summit in Belgium came when Trump was seen grabbing the arm of the Prime Minister of Montenegro and appearing to push him to get to the front of the group.

Leaders...lead, and followers, well, they follow the Leader.

But, the Really "Big News"!

President Trump, told the free loaders in NATO to cough-up with they're share of the dues.

FingerLakes1.com
#1499289 --- 05/25/17 03:34 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: kyle585]
cwjga Offline

Loc: NY
Great Moments in Fake News 'Journalism'
Larry Elder
What about President Donald Trump's complaint about "fake news"? Let's look at some examples of "Great Moments in 'Journalism'" over the last few years.
Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn., in an appearance on ABC's Sunday morning political show hosted by George Stephanopoulos, called former Democratic Alabama Gov. George Wallace a "Republican." Ellison said, "At the same time, (in Trump) we do have the worst Republican nominee since George Wallace." Stephanopoulos either ignored or was ignorant of the fact that Wallace -- who proudly proclaimed, "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" -- was a long-standing Democrat who served four terms as governor and twice sought the Democratic nomination for president. Tellingly, Stephanopoulos did not correct Ellison. Fortunately, another guest, Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., did correct the history-challenged Ellison.

Candy Crowley of CNN, one of the 2012 presidential debate moderators, "corrected" Mitt Romney when the Republican candidate accused President Barack Obama of failing to call the assault on Benghazi a "terror attack." Obama claimed he immediately called the assault on Benghazi an "act of terror":

Romney: "You said in the Rose Garden the day after the attack, it was an act of terror. It was not a spontaneous demonstration, is that what you're saying?"

Obama: "Please proceed, governor."

Romney: "I want to make sure we get that for the record because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror."

Obama: "Get the transcript."

Crowley: "It -- it -- it -- he did in fact, sir. So let me -- let me call it an act of terror."

Obama: "Can you say that a little louder, Candy?"

Crowley: "He -- he did call it an act of terror."

In truth, the day after the attack, Obama said: "No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for." He only referred specifically to the deaths of four Americans in Libya as "an attack" or "this attack."

Fourteen days after the attack, Obama was asked: "I heard Hillary Clinton say it was an act of terrorism. Is it? What do you say?" The President responded: "We're still doing an investigation. There's no doubt that (with) the kind of weapons that were used, the ongoing assault, that it wasn't just a mob action. We don't have all the information yet, so we're still gathering it. But what's clear is that around the world, there's still a lot of threats out there." Clearly, Crowley was wrong when she "corrected" Romney and defended Obama. This was a turning point in the election.

MSNBC's Luke Russert, covering the 2008 presidential election, said students at the University of Virginia will vote Obama because: "You have to remember, the smartest kids in the state go there, so it's leaning a little bit towards Obama." Get it? Smart people vote Democrat. Dumb people vote Republican. Russert later apologized.

CNN's Carol Costello laughed hysterically as a frantic Bristol Palin, daughter of Sarah Palin, told cops she was assaulted at a party. Listen to how a gleeful Costello introduced the audiotape of Bristol describing the attack to the police: "This is quite possibly the best minute and a half of audio we've ever come across -- well, come across in a long time, anyway. A massive brawl in Anchorage, Alaska, reportedly involving Sarah Palin's kids and her husband. It was sparked after someone pushed one of her daughters at a party. That's what Bristol Palin told police in an interview after the incident. ... So sit back and enjoy." A near-hysterical Palin says: "A guy comes out of nowhere and pushes me on the ground, takes me by my feet, in my dress -- in my thong, dress, in front of everybody -- 'Come on, you (expletive), come on, you (expletive), get the (expletive) out of here.'"

At the conclusion of the segment, a smirking Costello said, "You can thank me later."

MSNBC's Erin Burnett, now with CNN, called then-President George W. Bush a "monkey." With videotape rolling of President Bush flanked by French President Nicolas Sarkozy to his left and German Chancellor Angela Merkel to his right, the reporter gushed, "Who could not have a man-crush on that man? I'm not talking about the monkey, either. I'm talking about the other one." The host asked, "Who's the monkey?" Burnett replied, "The monkey in the middle" -- meaning President Bush. She, too, later apologized.

The late Tim Russert, in a 2007 interview with The New York Times war correspondent John Burns, repeated an often-cited anti-Iraq War talking point -- that Americans expected to be greeted as "liberators" in Iraq, but weren't. Burns, who was in Iraq at the time of the invasion, corrected him: "The American troops were greeted as liberators. We saw it."

Trump is clearly right to fulminate against what he calls the "fake news media." The real question is what took Republicans so long to fight back.

#1499290 --- 05/25/17 04:31 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: cwjga]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/25/montana-sepcial-election-2017-greg-gianforte-238827

Greg Gianforte doesn’t get the basics of America or public service, Sen. Ben Sasse said Thursday.

“If you’re seeking a job as a public servant, if you’re going to serve in the Congress, one of the core obligations before you is to teach American civics. And if you’re teaching American civics, you celebrate a First Amendment, a free press, speech, assembly, religion,” Sasse said Thursday in a detailed and frank interview for POLITICO’s “Off Message” podcast scheduled to be released on Tuesday about America, Peter Pan, the failings of Congress and of the Republican Party, and President Donald Trump.

Sasse, the junior senator from Nebraska and a staunch conservative, is a former college president who’s promoting his new book, “The Vanishing American Adult,” which amounts to a diagnosis of the rot within American culture and what to do about it.

The Republican nominee in Thursday’s special election for Montana’s House seat, now charged with misdemeanor assault for attacking reporter Ben Jacobs at an event on Wednesday night, didn’t strike Sasse as part of the solution.

“If the First Amendment means anything, it means you don’t body slam a reporter. It means that regardless of whether or not you think in a given situation reporter X, Y or Z in town hall A, B or C is annoying,” Sasse said, “you pause and you celebrate the First Amendment.”

#1499291 --- 05/25/17 04:38 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2aPEWsSOxo

Dworkin’s Prediction: Michael Flynn Is Going To Prison

#1499298 --- 05/25/17 09:50 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: kyle585]
gassy one Online   content

I got a prediction too Kyle! Someday your rants will make sense! No! Never mind that will never happen!

#1499300 --- Yesterday at 03:14 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: gassy one

I got a prediction too Kyle! Someday your rants will make sense! No! Never mind that will never happen!
I am posting and quoting a lot of articles supporting my position. You seem to be reduced to silly comments. It must be your hidden sources of news had a bad day?

#1499302 --- Yesterday at 05:45 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Trump only seems to like to hang out with dictators.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trum...kushpmg00000009

The president has repeatedly questioned Washington’s relationships in the region, cheering Britain’s vote to leave the European Union and engaging positively with anti-EU politicians like France’s Marine Le Pen. Top political figures and Europe analysts have already labeled his trip a major failure, and it’s not even over yet: Trump is expected to now head to Sicily for a summit of the G7, a group of the world’s most developed economies.

#1499305 --- Yesterday at 06:47 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: kyle585]

I am posting and quoting a lot of articles supporting my position. You seem to be reduced to silly comments. It must be your hidden sources of news had a bad day?
Quality information from places like the Huffington Post! Real quality Kyle!

#1499306 --- Yesterday at 10:39 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: gassy one]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Quality information from places like the Huffington Post! Real quality Kyle!
I have posted several articles recently from Fox News. Do you support them? I notice you still refuse to say where you get your news?

#1499313 --- Yesterday at 12:25 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: kyle585]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Boehner: Trump has been a 'complete disaster'

By Louis Nelson

05/26/2017 12:18 PM EDT

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/26/john-boehner-trump-disaster-238862

Former House Speaker John Boehner said earlier this week that Donald Trump’s presidency so far has been “a complete disaster” and that the billionaire-turned commander in chief is still learning the job.

“Everything else he’s done [in office] has been a complete disaster,” Boehner said during a question-and-answer session at a conference in Houston on Wednesday. “He’s still learning how to be president.”

#1499325 --- Yesterday at 05:48 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: kyle585]
ThomasDecker Offline

Loc: Outside

By Louis Nelson

Former House Speaker John Boehner said earlier this week that Donald Trump’s presidency so far has been “a complete disaster” and that the billionaire-turned commander in chief is still learning the job.

“Everything else he’s done [in office] has been a complete disaster,” Boehner said during a question-and-answer session at a conference in Houston on Wednesday. “He’s still learning how to be president.”

The quitter must have had to many drinks.

#1499328 --- Yesterday at 06:33 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: ThomasDecker]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: ThomasDecker

By Louis Nelson

The quitter must have had to many drinks.
In case you haven't heard this the majority of Americans think Trump is doing badly.

#1499336 --- Today at 04:40 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: ThomasDecker]
The Mechanic Offline

Loc: NY
The biggest win still continues everyday. No Hillary!

Go Trump!

#1499342 --- Today at 07:41 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: The Mechanic]
kyle585 Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: The Mechanic

Go Trump!
Hillary won the popular vote by 3 million votes. Go away Trump before we lose every ally in the world. From Fox News.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/26/kr...tting-article-5

On "Special Report" tonight, Charles Krauthammer said President Trump's first foreign trip as commander-in-chief got off to a strong start in the Middle East, but the second part of the trip in Europe was a "disaster."

He didn't take issue with Trump scolding our NATO allies and telling them to pay their "fair share" of the alliance's defense costs.

Instead, Krauthammer said, Trump left NATO members unsettled by not reiterating U.S. commitment to Article 5 of the NATO charter.

Article 5 is a mutual defense pledge and NATO's core tenet. It means that "an attack against one ally is considered as an attack against all."

"The world was waiting for Trump to say, 'I support Article 5,'" Krauthammer said. "That was the purpose of the visit, and he wouldn't say it."

He said that omission is going to have many lasting repercussions, weakening NATO unity over time.

"It's really hard to understand why he didn't say it," Krauthammer said. "The omission was a statement."

#1499347 --- Today at 10:44 AM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: The Mechanic]
Timbo Offline
Silver Member

Loc: CNY

Go Trump!

Cheerleading while Rome burns... Witness the Brilliance! eek

#1499354 --- Today at 10:15 PM Re: The Trump effect continues! MORE WINNING [Re: Timbo]

Originally Posted By: Timbo

Go Trump!

Cheerleading while Rome burns... Witness the Brilliance! eek
Rome Burns! What a joke! I got a feeling this is all going to blow up in your liberal face costing you liberals the next election too BIMBO!

Page 22 of 22 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22