FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#1089713 --- 10/16/09 11:15 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: FL1 Staff]
flbuldog Offline

Loc: Stoopidville
Sorry to be a PITA, but I thought PETS AND ANIMALS meant PETS AND ANIMALS.

I am doing an incredible amount of work right now for freaking nothing but the personal satisfaction I might add which is a stretch in itself and it seemed easier and less time consuming to me to post in PETS AND ANIMALS..

The classifieds suck, JMO... I'll post our available animals in the blog from now on and just refer to it.

Sheer pettiness. I'm sure there was a complaint about fairness or whatever.. don't even get me started on whats fair and what isn't...

FingerLakes1.com
#1089716 --- 10/16/09 11:23 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: flbuldog]
flbuldog Offline

Better lock up my Kris and Peekachu threads too! not appropriate and might not be fair to someone! OMG

In fact I will just delete them OK? those dogs have been here a year... HEAVEN FREAKING FORBID I do anything to try and get them in a proper home locally.

nevermind... no delete feature available now.. please delete them for me Mr. MOD... thanks!

Edited by flbuldog (10/16/09 11:25 AM)

#1089747 --- 10/16/09 12:45 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: flbuldog]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
A year or better ago a poster was talking about a rescue she had made of a Chihuahua named Chico. I wasn't on here looking for a dog but when I read about him great things happened. I had a customer who in that last year had lost a loved dog, his wife and then another loved dog, leaving him alone. I automatically thought of him and guess what, they're the perfect match and so happy with each other. I would have never been able to do that if some of these threads weren't here.

I also have been eyeing the one about the lab. Again, I have a customer whos loved golden has cancer and won't be around much longer. I was thinking what a great thing it would be to get them together but I'm afraid with the way its all happeneing they're not ready. I know they would be perfect for each other.

So maybe we could leave the ones that have to do with rescues and the ones where people may be actually advertising for profit could be deleted.

Just a thought.

#1089759 --- 10/16/09 01:10 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: Carerinoa]
flbuldog Offline

Good ideas Carerinoa.. \:\) common sense does not run rampant in the county apparently.

I'm also getting the dogs up on the blog since I am feeling pushed to do it... spent a hour I don't have fighting with the format... sigh. Got one dog up anyway...

Quote:
please refer to the link in my tagline
LOL

#1090760 --- 10/19/09 09:30 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: FL1 Staff]
Roadtrip2nowhere Offline

Loc: No where but here
Dear Mod Person....
With all due respect, the classified ads here on FL1 leave a bit to be desired. Some are months old! Take a look at the pet scetion today...there is one looking for a pet sitter for June and July!!! Come on!
Not allowing "Classified type ads" in the pet section IMHO is not a good move as many people do not look in the classified section just for the reason I have stated.
Seriously, you should reconsider the decision and allow postings of that nature back in the pet section. More people look there and the postings are kept up to date, AND most importantly...the animals are more likely to find homes and or the help needed.
Thanks for your time and any help you might have.

Edited by Roadtrip2nowhere (10/19/09 09:33 AM)

#1094229 --- 10/26/09 02:18 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: Roadtrip2nowhere]
Hope and Faith Offline

Loc: Nowhereland
I agree with RedGreen. Give us a break! By the way, where did the articles go that you used to put at the bottom of the home page? Are they in classified now? I'm changing my homepage, going to try MPN for awhile. Sorry, maybe I'm not supposed to name the competition. Oops!

#1094239 --- 10/26/09 02:53 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: Hope and Faith]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
"By the way, where did the articles go that you used to put at the bottom of the home page? Are they in classified now?"

Open your eyes. They're at the top of the home page. Click "get local".

#1094529 --- 10/27/09 09:35 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: VM Smith]
Hope and Faith Offline

Loc: Nowhereland
Hey smitty, "Open your eyes." They are not there!

#1094531 --- 10/27/09 09:44 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: Hope and Faith]
AnneSmile Offline

Loc: Amusement
Where it says Top Stories there are three links, click 'FLinks'

#1094611 --- 10/27/09 01:10 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: VM Smith]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

You didn't say what type of articles you were talking about, and I'd forgotten what, exactly, was at the bottom of the page, but I do know that everything that was on the page is still available from it; you just have to open your eyes and look around.

#1227538 --- 10/19/10 07:58 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: VM Smith]
katie_marie_91 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, Ny,13148
I personally believe that pets are not for the classified that if you have a forum called Pets & Animals then we should be able to post anything in here about them

#1227964 --- 10/21/10 06:57 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: katie_marie_91]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

The owner disagrees.

#1260764 --- 03/15/11 03:37 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: Animal Lover]
Harleybobb Offline

Loc: Walloon Freedom Fighter
ahahahahahaha...Animal Love

#1272735 --- 05/02/11 01:45 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: Harleybobb]
dottiehuckle Offline

Loc: P-CS, NY
I agree that posts about pets looking for homes and foster care should be able to stay, not the ones selling the animals for a profit tho(and I don't mean shelters, they do good work). It's hard enough to find a good home for your pet if you can no longer keep them for a good reason. I also agree that the classifieds on FL1 are way outdated, I know because I read them, well, I use to until they were never updated. Just my opinion. Thanks!

#1308106 --- 11/16/11 02:58 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: dottiehuckle]
dachshunds_rule Offline

Loc: NY
do the Mods ever get on here and discuss this?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2