FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#982390 --- 02/20/09 12:25 PM Classified Type Postings
FL1 Staff Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Hello Pet Forum users!

We are going to begin deleting all classified type pet posting on this forum and direct you to make these posts at our free classified section instead (http://classifieds.fingerlakes1.com).

We appreciate that you are trying to find good homes for these animals in need, however, we have created a venue for these types of requests at our classified section. If we allow classified type ads on this forum it could create a bigger problem for us throughout these forums where the no classified listing rule is strictly enforced.

I should note that your forum login will not work at any other part of our website, including the classifieds. To post a classified you will need an FL1 Membership Account which can be registered for free here:

http://members.fingerlakes1.com/signup.php

Thanks for your cooperation!

FingerLakes1.com
#982403 --- 02/20/09 12:39 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: FL1 Staff]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Would it be permissible for them to say only, "I have a listing in the free FL1 classifieds.", and nothing in addition to that?

#982439 --- 02/20/09 02:04 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: VM Smith]
FL1 Mod 2 Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
Would it be permissible for them to say only, "I have a listing in the free FL1 classifieds.", and nothing in addition to that?

yes.

#982496 --- 02/20/09 03:27 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: FL1 Mod 2]
reilley Offline
Silver Member

Loc: between here and there
and then could the ad be deleted after a home has been found?
I have looked at some of the ads and some are like forever old.

#982992 --- 02/21/09 06:19 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: reilley]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
just go in and update the ad....although a delete feature would be nice

#983024 --- 02/21/09 07:22 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Z Genius Lusifer
just go in and update the ad....although a delete feature would be nice

There is a delete feature. The person placing the ad has to delete it, however.

Edited by Festus! (02/21/09 07:23 PM)

#984054 --- 02/23/09 07:28 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: FL1 Staff]
flbuldog Offline

Loc: Stoopidville
Can we still post our fundrasiers here?

#984067 --- 02/23/09 08:10 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: flbuldog]
Repair Offline

Why is the VFW Christmas Dinner Different. Are you telling me that this year you will pull my post?

#984291 --- 02/24/09 08:13 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: Repair]
Gold Member

It's real confusing trying to understand why SOME "ads" are OK and others are not.

#984382 --- 02/24/09 10:58 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: ]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca Falls,NY,
Plus there has been an ad for quite a while on someone advertising a SPAGHETTI dinner, though they were unable to spell it.

#1031771 --- 05/31/09 07:53 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: sassyone]
bustamill Offline

Loc: NY
Makes ya wonder how people can miss spell so much on computers now.All they have to do is click Spell Check!
lol

#1032064 --- 06/01/09 10:35 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: bustamill]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

"All they have to do is click Spell Check!"

LOL.If they do use it, then they don't misspell "misspell".

#1032197 --- 06/01/09 06:46 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: VM Smith]
bustamill Offline

lmao..ok ok...got the point..
I thought it didnt look right as one word.Maybe spell check isnt always right? haha

#1032200 --- 06/01/09 06:50 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: bustamill]
bustamill Offline

actually..spell check didn't say that spelling it with two words was wrong..lol
I just checked again. So anyway..I'll blame it on spell check..haha

#1037558 --- 06/13/09 02:42 PM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: bustamill]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

It will tell you if you've misspelled "miss" or "spell", but it won't tell you a thing when you make two words out of one. LOL, checkers usually tell me that I've misspelled my own last name; I don't completely trust them.

#1055469 --- 07/24/09 06:35 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: VM Smith]
The Mask Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Hidden Harbor

I wouldn't be the fabulous, outstanding person I am today if it wasn't for my google spelchek. \:D

#1056493 --- 07/26/09 09:44 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: VM Smith]
The Mask Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Hidden Harbor
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
It will tell you if you've misspelled "miss" or "spell", but it won't tell you a thing when you make two words out of one. LOL, checkers usually tell me that I've misspelled my own last name; I don't completely trust them.

Google does.

#1060481 --- 08/05/09 08:49 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: The Mask]
RockyRaccoon Offline

Loc: Dakota
Can we talk about missing animals?
Someone took in my tiger and refuses to give her back. I miss her so much.
I never let her out, but she got out during my fire. (TG)

#1089611 --- 10/16/09 07:42 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: FL1 Staff]
RedGreen Offline

Loc: Charlotte
Originally Posted By: FL1 Staff
Hello Pet Forum users!

We are going to begin deleting all classified type pet posting on this forum and direct you to make these posts at our free classified section instead (http://classifieds.fingerlakes1.com).

We appreciate that you are trying to find good homes for these animals in need, however, we have created a venue for these types of requests at our classified section. If we allow classified type ads on this forum it could create a bigger problem for us throughout these forums where the no classified listing rule is strictly enforced.

I should note that your forum login will not work at any other part of our website, including the classifieds. To post a classified you will need an FL1 Membership Account which can be registered for free here:

http://members.fingerlakes1.com/signup.php

Thanks for your cooperation!

Jim with all due respect I feel an exception should be made for pets. I understand, and appreciate the difficulty in allowing one type of "classified" to be allowed on the forums and not another. The ambiguity will I'm certain create some confusion, and anger some posters.
But I have also seen threads started in the last month or two for BBQ's, carwashes and other fundraisers that have been allowed to stay. The ambiguity is to me already in place. Without absolute diligence by yourself and the Mod Squad to remove EVERY one of them these threads will "slip through the cracks" occasionally, thus exacerbating the very problem you're trying to solve.

Without having access to real numbers I would venture a guess that a great many forum posters do not also have a FL1 account for posting on the classifieds, nor do they read them. I myself do view them, but it's frustrating as ads stay on there forever. Case in point there is still an ad on there for the carp derby which was June 14th.

The people who care enough to foster pets need help immediately in finding forever homes for these animals, and frankly the classifieds won't get it done in a timely manner.

Just MY 2 pennies. \:\)

#1089665 --- 10/16/09 09:40 AM Re: Classified Type Postings [Re: RedGreen]
Animal Lover Offline

I agree. I think charity events and organizations trying to find help and/or homes for pets should be an exception. The thread discussing the Labrador that was surrendered to ASPCA is not the same as someone putting an ad on here selling Labrador Retreivers for hundreds of dollars that they purposefully bred. Big difference.

Could you allow one representative from Bev's and one rep from ASPCA (and other shelters/agencies in the counties covered in this forum) to have a thread and only post within their respective thread that they start? For example, they could title their thread "Adoptable pets from Beverly's" or "Adoptable pets currently at the ASPCA".

If you are allowing posts about fire department's having charity events or other organization asking for help in the county forums then you should allow the pet charities some leniency in finding homes for these unwanted pets in this forum. It brings awareness that little classified ads will not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >