FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#1092216 --- 10/22/09 02:40 PM Re: Dinner ideas?? [Re: Ian]
Senecamom Offline

Loc: On a journey......
Ian,

I have never tried the crock pot method, but I think I will.

When I make pot roast I sear the roast on all sides with hot oil and chopped garlic to seal in juices (thats what mom told me) in the roasting pan. Then I add quartered onions and potatoes and carrots. (mom adds turnips-yuck, anyway)....I season with salt and pepper and garlic powder. I add onion soup mix (make according to directions) and sprinkle rosemary on the potatoes. Cover and roast in 425 oven first hour. Then turn it down to 325 for 4 hours.

FingerLakes1.com
#1092221 --- 10/22/09 02:46 PM Re: Dinner ideas?? [Re: Senecamom]
Ian Offline

Loc: USA
Wow, Thanks everyone.

#1093660 --- 10/25/09 02:13 PM Re: Dinner ideas?? [Re: Ian]
GoSUhoops Offline

Loc: Geneva
a few months ago i took my kids to the library and while they were there i decided to poke thru the children's cook books..i came across this little book called Cooking for Kids..it had beautiful pics of prob 10 dishes that seemed fairly easy to make..what the heck, i'll take it out..the first recipe was spaghetti a la carbonara..omg this was one of the best tasting pastas i've ever had..so simple i couldnt believe it..3 cloves garlic, 1 small onion, and 1lb bacon all cut very small..cook all together till brown..in a separate bowl, mix 2 eggs and 1/3 cup parmesian cheese..boil 1lb of linguine or spaghetti and right after draining, add the egg/cheese mixture and stir..the heat from the pasta cooks the egg mixture..then add the bacon, onion, garlic mixture(add most of the bacon grease too) and BAM!! add a little parsley at the end for color and OMG its sooooo good..PS it doesnt need much salt cuz of the bacon and the parmesian..for some reason last time i was at the library i couldnt find the book!! i dying to try some of the other recipes!!

#1095455 --- 10/29/09 12:22 AM Re: Dinner ideas?? [Re: GoSUhoops]
Red22 Offline

Loc: ny
Turkey sausage and spinach stuffed manicotti...they were damn good too!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5