FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 38 < 1 2 3 4 ... 37 38 >
Topic Options
#96473 --- 01/07/05 07:43 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
KatBurglar Offline

Loc: Sneaky Falls
Quote:

Why is coffee not a "diet food"? Or is it the cream and sugar in the coffee you are referring to? I switched to Chamomille Tea and splenda when I did the Atkins (which made me lose weight - but I gained it all back...darn PIZZA isn't on that diet!)

I don't know if coffee is considered a no-no on other diets, on my diet I am not allowed to drink beverages with caffeine and excess sugar...soda, coffee etc.

Soda was not too difficult to give up, but I love coffee more than anything! It takes me about 3 weeks to get over the coffee craving... 2 more weeks to go!

FingerLakes1.com
#96474 --- 01/07/05 07:51 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Doesn't gatorade have lots of sugar?

#96475 --- 01/07/05 08:28 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
KatBurglar Offline

Serving Size: 8 fl oz.
Sugar: 14g

much less than soda!

I should really be drinking water more than anything else, but I am sad to report that I Hate To Drink Water
so, gatorade is the next best thing.

#96476 --- 01/07/05 08:30 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I looked it up, it's 6% sugar which isn't too bad. I only drink water or tea or iced tea so it's easy for me. I know you hate to drink water but ugh. Gatorade - anything that is a color that does not occur in nature I don't want to drink.

#96477 --- 01/07/05 08:35 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
KatBurglar Offline

I don't LOVE the taste of gatorade, I would prefer Root Beer or Ginger-Ale any minute of the day....but, I am trying to cure my disease SweetJeans! Be a little more supportive!

Gatorade has some pretty good flavors - I am a big fan of orange & fruit punch. Right now I am drinking Lemon-Lime/Strawberry...sounds gross but isn't bad. The other thing I like about Gatorade is that my teeth are extremely sensitive due to the medication I am on & I can drink Gatorade slightly warm and it's still good.

#96478 --- 01/07/05 08:37 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

How is my hating Gatorade not supportive of your diet? Get a grip!!!!!

I just don't like sugary drinks.

#96479 --- 01/07/05 09:28 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
no doubt Offline

Loc: hometown: Waterloo
KB - decaf coffee count? I have been drinking decaf for four years now. I have skipped the sugar but enjoy the cream at times. But I mostly drink water. There is no taste, but it refreshes deeply. I used to pour little lemon juice in water for "flavor."

#96480 --- 01/07/05 10:21 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
KatBurglar Offline

No Doubt- I would presume I would be able to drink decaf but honestly...I would rather not drink coffee at all. One of the reasons I enjoy coffee so much is the caffeine buzz, plus I like my coffee with cream and I can't have dairy on my diet - the sugar doesn't matter to me but the cream is essential! And before anyone says "what about non-dairy creamer" I am going to say YUCK!

#96481 --- 01/07/05 10:43 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
Minnie Offline

DON'T eat white bread..so bad for you. Eat wheat or whole wheat, tastes a little different but you get used to it.
I don't drink that much coffee but like my diet Coke. And they say 8 glasses of water but now I read that just drink as much as you feel like and you can drink too much water and get sick you know.

#96482 --- 01/07/05 10:45 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
KatBurglar Offline

I think wheat bread tastes better than white.
I think Diet Soda is disgusting. There are NO diet sodas that taste as good as the original. I would rather drink water than diet soda

#96483 --- 01/07/05 10:49 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
Minnie Offline

Have you tried them all? I like diet Coke better than the original. But I like Pepsi better than diet Pepsi. Water is better for ya anyways.

#96484 --- 01/07/05 10:49 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
cRaZeD Offline

Short term goal - to lose 15 lbs. long term goal to lose 30 lbs and weigh what I did when I was in my early 20's. Hey, not too bad for having six kids I guess...
But, I've already started - I don't eat too many sweets as it is, so I've cut down on portion sizes and I used to enjoy my Bud Lights on the wknd and one per evening. Cut that out all together! Once the sidewalks are safe - I plan on walking my doggies more each and every night!!!

#96485 --- 01/07/05 10:52 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
Minnie Offline

I just lost 9 lbs. on the South Beach diet and it stayed off even during the holidays. Cut way back on sugar, just buy those sugar free candies and cookies. Helps too the hubby wanted to go on it too.

#96486 --- 01/07/05 10:54 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

I can't remember the last time I ate white bread. It's too flimsy or something. Wheat bread has more texture and just tastes better. I like the wheat pasta too- that takes some getting used to, but it's so much better for you - more fiber.

#96487 --- 01/07/05 11:01 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
Minnie Offline

I never tried the wheat pasta, just never sounded too appealing. Is it good?

#96488 --- 01/07/05 11:04 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

It doesn't taste all that different - it has a different texture, but I think it is great. It is more expensive (of course! God forbid eating healthy should be inexpensive) but not too much more, and you can get wheat pastas at Sauders and it is much cheaper than P&C.

#96489 --- 01/07/05 11:06 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
cRaZeD Offline

My weakness is breads and pasta - not so much pasta though. I love homemade white rolls, and especially Italian bread. It's so bad! Those are the sweets for me! Actually with a family of 8 it's hard to afford all the specialty items that are good for you. So, I limit my proportions and that seems to work for me. All about moderation! Actually, I haven't had pasta in over a month! So that's a good thing!

#96490 --- 01/07/05 11:07 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
Minnie Offline

I know...when I go shopping it costs more buying the healthy foods..it doesn't sound fair.

#96491 --- 01/07/05 11:10 AM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

To be honest, while I know that "low carb" works in the short term, I simply think it is unrealistic. Limiting and controlling portions is one thing, but to remove something completely from my diet is a recipe for disaster. I eat pretty much what I want in moderation, and it works well. The key is to get working out. Once I'm in the groove for a couple of weeks, and I know I'm working out, I'm not as careful and I don't see any slower result.

#96492 --- 01/07/05 02:25 PM Re: Diet and Exercise Support Thread
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
fyi it is the bleached flour product of white bread that is the bad thing for you, cant remember why at the moment. But this seems to be a diet thread so far, I've got tons of knowledge from years as a gym rat, plus I used to be certified... as a trainer for Nautilus and Universal and free weights and a couple other "brand name " equiptment machines...now.. I'm just certified So I'm ready to jump in on the exercise issue anytime (no pun intended). I'm taking the clothes off my new bowflex this weekend! I bet it holds more than KB's treadmill!

Page 2 of 38 < 1 2 3 4 ... 37 38 >