Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
I love the second one, have you got the mls. I know I can afford a 69 Scottie

#956644 --- 01/13/09 05:06 AM Re: realtors [Re: Buddy]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
Realtors are useless IMHO..... When we were house hunting we did all the work and the house we ending up buying is the house I found. We went to the 1st day of the open house, returned the second day with the realtor, and had the purchase offer accepted that night. They were sure to show near the end of the closing to get their check \:\/ I spent months and countless hours searching and we went to 100's of open houses on our own and they get the $$...doesn't seem fair

#956875 --- 01/13/09 12:56 PM Re: realtors [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
I had an awesome realtor when I was looking for my home. I told her exactly what I was looking for and she didn't show me anything that didn't fit my desires. She knew the area very well and had great insight on how to get the best price. All in all, I got a deal with her. Not only did we low ball them on the price, but they also kicked in the closing costs.

My best friend also had great luck with his realtor...Ok, so he was family and wanted to please \:\)

#957658 --- 01/14/09 06:22 AM Re: realtors [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
We were very specific on what we were looking for, how much work we wanted to do to make it livable, and the area...... and it seemed every single listing we received was NOT what we wanted! Either too much work, wrong price, or bad area..... so like i said I had to do all the footwork myself

#957869 --- 01/14/09 10:29 AM Re: realtors [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
"she didn't show me anything that didn't fit my desires."

Well, she might have briefly thought about it, and decided it was a no-go.

#958272 --- 01/14/09 06:40 PM Re: realtors [Re: VM Smith]
Bing Bong Offline

Loc: the road to hell
I think realtors look great when you're on the right side of the market, and terrible when you're on the wrong side. They range from lazy-ass order-takers to creative, dedicated workers. There's really no way to measure their value to you except by giving them a try. I suggest limiting a selling agent to a forty-five-day contract; if he's good, he'll take the challenge.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3