FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#952555 --- 01/08/09 10:36 AM realtors
bigbear35 Offline

Loc: waterloo
I have been trying to sell my home now for over four months.To my disbelief the lady we have selling our home has not called us in over 3 months,just 2 emails that is it.She in my opinion has done nothing to help sell our home.I do realize it is not a great time but some effort would help I think.Can anyone please reccomend a good realtor thank you.I will not post her name or company as i do not want to slannder them just want to sell and leave new york

FingerLakes1.com
#952565 --- 01/08/09 10:42 AM Re: realtors [Re: bigbear35]
lodibrat Offline

Loc: NY
We want to sell and come back to NY!!! Our home on the market over 3 years now. With 2 different realtors. This last one does contact us from time to time but the other went whole year. We have not had our home shown in over 6 weeks. How many homes does that realtor handle? The market is flooded right now. Why not do your own Open House and try to promote your house yourself? Make up a brochure and post in local motels, wineries etc. Sure you still have to pay the realtor fees but it could benefit you. Just a thought.

#952665 --- 01/08/09 12:01 PM Re: realtors [Re: lodibrat]
Mountain Man Offline

Loc: out there
Don't forget, the realtor doesn't make a single cent until a house is sold. Are you asking too much for what the market will bear?

#952747 --- 01/08/09 01:47 PM Re: realtors [Re: Mountain Man]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
When a house doesn't sell in a that length of time it means only one thing.

THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH.....

#952752 --- 01/08/09 01:52 PM Re: realtors [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Originally Posted By: Z Genius Lusifer
When a house doesn't sell in a that length of time it means only one thing.

THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH.....

Or it is a dump and smells really bad.

#952771 --- 01/08/09 02:13 PM Re: realtors [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
bigbear35 Offline

first of all i did not ask people for there opinion to get bashed so if you do not have any good ideas keep all your words to yourself.second my home is only 5 years old does not stink and is spotless.genius and trd you both only join in to bash people so that is a reflection only on your sad lives so grow up!

#952778 --- 01/08/09 02:21 PM Re: realtors [Re: bigbear35]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

No bashing hard head. Listen up. 4 months and NO one has looked at it means you priced yourself too friggin HIGH and probally chased away potential buyers by starting at such a number.

If it it did smell or was a dump, it still boils down to what a person would pay for it.....

Obviously your home in in the MLS so other realtors already have it to sell, unless you signed an exclusive.

Lower the price and you will sell it. Don't look at it as being a taj-mahal rather wood and sheetrock to sell....

#952780 --- 01/08/09 02:22 PM Re: realtors [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

besides if it is in Wateloo - good luck.....smellyloo

#952786 --- 01/08/09 02:28 PM Re: realtors [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
bigbear35 Offline

it is an exclusive and i do not look at it as a palace.ok loud mouth!so lets play the back and fourth name calling like kids that always works so good luck with baiting others in your games but if you want to be an adult then we can talk

#952846 --- 01/08/09 03:38 PM Re: realtors [Re: bigbear35]
lodibrat Offline

I figured this would happen- My home is assessed at 269,000 I am in Western NC. I am selling at 199,900. Over priced no- sad market- yes. You have to be creative and think of unique things to do. Right now we are offering 5,000 bonus to the realtor who sells our home no matter if it is the lister or another realtor. You can not get people to come see your house if there is no one in the first place looking for a home. Good luck to you- it will happen our ecomomy just has to get better. I even have St Joseph buried one foot from my 4-sale sign upside down with his feet pointing toward the house...now that should get some comments!!! Email your realtor don't wait for them. They will not mind I am sure.

#952850 --- 01/08/09 03:40 PM Re: realtors [Re: lodibrat]
bigbear35 Offline

thank you lodibrat

#952882 --- 01/08/09 04:27 PM Re: realtors [Re: bigbear35]
success101 Offline

Loc: New York
The agent cash bonus usually works...you also may want to check with your realtor about a Home Protection Plan (if they offer one)This protects your home's main mechanicals while it is listed and carries over to the new buyer for one full year after purchasing.

#952899 --- 01/08/09 04:56 PM Re: realtors [Re: bigbear35]
A Better SF Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
I am a huge fan of the Century 21 team in Seneca Falls, especially Gail Lohr. A few years ago She sold my house in 6 weeks right in the middle of winter. Her team will caravan through your house and make recommendations (which you may or may not like) to make changes to get it sold. We dropped $2,000 into our house (it badly needed it) right before selling it, but more than made up for it by selling it for almost full price.

#952914 --- 01/08/09 05:08 PM Re: realtors [Re: A Better SF]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

exclusive is like telling your neighbor your house is for sale.

I can't understand why people do that. They limit the potential sales team that can move thier property. I guess ignorance of what it really means is one answer.

Bigbear needs to snap out of the sleep walk and realize the price on the "shack" needs to be lowered.

#952986 --- 01/08/09 06:30 PM Re: realtors [Re: success101]
MorganHills Offline

Loc: On a tangent
re: the home protection plan, it sounds good, but note that it will not cover 'pre-existing conditions'; the home warranty company sends it's own repair people out if there is a claim made, and they determine if there will be a pay out for a repair.

#953340 --- 01/09/09 04:59 AM Re: realtors [Re: bigbear35]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: bigbear35
I have been trying to sell my home now for over four months.To my disbelief the lady we have selling our home has not called us in over 3 months,just 2 emails that is it.She in my opinion has done nothing to help sell our home.I do realize it is not a great time but some effort would help I think.Can anyone please reccomend a good realtor thank you.I will not post her name or company as i do not want to slannder them just want to sell and leave new york

Is your home listed on the realtors website?
Has there been any "open house" showings?
Has it been advertised in the local papers?

#953347 --- 01/09/09 05:11 AM Re: realtors [Re: bluezone]
Mountain Man Offline

It's a very difficult market for sure. Maybe you should find an agent that has some ties with Goulds. If someone is moving from out of state to work here, surely they have a decent rate of pay and might tilt the scales in your favor.

I work is a sector of housing (selling to builders of all kinds, big and small) across the state. The market is saturated and it's a buyers market right now for sure.

I would have a face-to-face talk with the agent, ask what the problems are, and if you don't like the answer, don't get angry (as you won't change that person's mind). Simply terminate your agreement when you can and find another OPEN listing.

#953362 --- 01/09/09 05:24 AM Re: realtors [Re: Mountain Man]
bigbear35 Offline

yes the house is on realtor.com and we set up an open house for a few weeks from now.I lowered the price a bit but i also have to leave room to deal as i am sure someone is still going to want to deal.I thank you all for your help

#953398 --- 01/09/09 06:34 AM Re: realtors [Re: bigbear35]
Mountain Man Offline

Good luck! These are scary times.

#953468 --- 01/09/09 07:35 AM Re: realtors [Re: MorganHills]
success101 Offline

Loc: New York
re: Home Protection Plan - This is very true. The company will send someone out to fix it and if it is not fixable, they replace the whole "problem" for $90...sure beats the full price of a new furnace, plumbing, etc. Potential buyers love the comfort in knowing they are covered and not stuck with a money pit within their first year of ownership:) Good Luck to you

#953549 --- 01/09/09 09:21 AM Re: realtors [Re: bigbear35]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

first of all i did not ask people for there opinion to get bashed so if you do not have any good ideas keep all your words to yourself.second my home is only 5 years old does not stink and is spotless.genius and trd you both only join in to bash people so that is a reflection only on your sad lives so grow up!

Awww, can't you take a little constructive criticism?

Truthfully, you are trying to sell a home in the worst possible time. Houses are on the market everywhere. If your home is only 5 years old, then I would imagine what you paid for it 5 years ago is more than the current market value. My suggestion would be to hold onto it for a couple more years and hope that the market turns around.

#953599 --- 01/09/09 10:14 AM Re: realtors [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

I did some searching on Homesteadnet. In the Waterloo area, anything that is currently for sale that is approximately 5 years old, is a manufactured home. If one of these is your home, that is likely to be the reason why you are having a hard time selling your home. The market is bad right now and even worse for mobiles.

#953629 --- 01/09/09 11:13 AM Re: realtors [Re: A Better SF]
oops12 Offline

Loc: Absent
Originally Posted By: A Better SF
I am a huge fan of the Century 21 team in Seneca Falls, especially Gail Lohr. A few years ago She sold my house in 6 weeks right in the middle of winter. Her team will caravan through your house and make recommendations (which you may or may not like) to make changes to get it sold. We dropped $2,000 into our house (it badly needed it) right before selling it, but more than made up for it by selling it for almost full price.

I have to agree. Maybe some touch ups like painting a few rooms or replacing a couple carpets make a huge difference. Not too many people want to buy a house that they have to sink money into right on top of signing up for mortgage payments. Most people want it to be in move-in condition. It does help get more of the asking price that's for sure.

#953740 --- 01/09/09 02:47 PM Re: realtors [Re: oops12]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

A little paint, decluttering can really help sell a place. Many people will walk into a house and instead of seeing the house, they can only focus on the objects within the house. The less stuff and more organized the home, the larger it will appear. Neutral colors will help.

#953841 --- 01/09/09 06:07 PM Re: realtors [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Trailer homes are tough to sell.

#953963 --- 01/09/09 07:47 PM Re: realtors [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
Originally Posted By: TRD_Tacoma
A little paint, decluttering can really help sell a place. Many people will walk into a house and instead of seeing the house, they can only focus on the objects within the house. The less stuff and more organized the home, the larger it will appear. Neutral colors will help.

My motto, less is more, put stuff away, The only thing on my kitchen counter is the coffee maker. and tissues. I hate clutter and crap, my computer desk is another story, I think the cat brings in crap to make me go nuts.

#953980 --- 01/09/09 08:10 PM Re: realtors [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Trailer homes are tough to sell.

You are correct, mobile homes are difficult to sell. They also do not hold value very well.

#954173 --- 01/09/09 11:24 PM Re: realtors [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

I think they even depreciate.

#954176 --- 01/09/09 11:32 PM Re: realtors [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Panic Attack Offline

Loc: upstate
Depreciate they do, Hows the single life? Maybe you and Buddy should come out of the closet. You accuse others of it and you are gay.

#954192 --- 01/10/09 01:33 AM Re: realtors [Re: Panic Attack]
reilley Offline
Silver Member

Loc: between here and there
you have to stage the house.. to make it appeal to others not yours. Once you put your house on the market, its not yours , to speak of.
I watch HGTV , house virgins, sell my place, house hunters, design to sell, the unsellables, get it sold.

all have great ideas and if you don't get the channel just go to
HGTV.com and they have everything there for you .

#954321 --- 01/10/09 07:10 AM Re: realtors [Re: reilley]
bigbear35 Offline

thanks all of you I will look in to everything then go from there.

#954324 --- 01/10/09 07:12 AM Re: realtors [Re: bigbear35]
bigbear35 Offline

By the way my home is not a mobile.

#954534 --- 01/10/09 11:28 AM Re: realtors [Re: bigbear35]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA

Has the realtor given you any feedback?
Has the home been shown to any buyers?

#954592 --- 01/10/09 01:00 PM Re: realtors [Re: bigbear35]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
By the way my home is not a mobile.

LOL. Before this housing mess is over, I'll bet a lot of us will ve wishing our houses were RVs, so we could just drive away from NYS.

#954623 --- 01/10/09 02:08 PM Re: realtors [Re: VM Smith]
lodibrat Offline

just curious if your house was in a city or in the country? Any land? thanks-

#954689 --- 01/10/09 03:20 PM Re: realtors [Re: lodibrat]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

I have often thought that the way out of the property tax problem would be to buy a well equipped Winnebago or a bigger HouseBoat and roam place to place.

#954696 --- 01/10/09 03:26 PM Re: realtors [Re: lodibrat]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Country. 1.8 acres. 193' lakefront.

#954699 --- 01/10/09 03:27 PM Re: realtors [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

I have often thought that the way out of the property tax problem would be to buy a well equipped Winnebago or a bigger HouseBoat and roam place to place.

Many retire and do just those things.

http://www.adventure.1tree.net/full-time/full.htm

Edited by VM Smith (01/10/09 03:53 PM)

#954856 --- 01/10/09 06:52 PM Re: realtors [Re: bigbear35]
Bing Bong Offline

Loc: the road to hell

Try selling it on E-Bay. Do something to make it appealing, like filling it up with fudge. Then do a "You buy the fudge and the house is free!" sort of thing. You've got to get people's attention and tickle their funnybone.

#954859 --- 01/10/09 06:54 PM Re: realtors [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Bing Bong Offline

Houseboats aren't made for roaming, but plenty of other boats are.

#954961 --- 01/10/09 10:32 PM Re: realtors [Re: Bing Bong]
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

NICE

NICER IDEA

SUMMER COTTAGE

#955487 --- 01/11/09 07:23 PM Re: realtors [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
I love the second one, have you got the mls. I know I can afford a 69 Scottie

#956644 --- 01/13/09 05:06 AM Re: realtors [Re: Buddy]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
Realtors are useless IMHO..... When we were house hunting we did all the work and the house we ending up buying is the house I found. We went to the 1st day of the open house, returned the second day with the realtor, and had the purchase offer accepted that night. They were sure to show near the end of the closing to get their check \:\/ I spent months and countless hours searching and we went to 100's of open houses on our own and they get the $$...doesn't seem fair

#956875 --- 01/13/09 12:56 PM Re: realtors [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

I had an awesome realtor when I was looking for my home. I told her exactly what I was looking for and she didn't show me anything that didn't fit my desires. She knew the area very well and had great insight on how to get the best price. All in all, I got a deal with her. Not only did we low ball them on the price, but they also kicked in the closing costs.

My best friend also had great luck with his realtor...Ok, so he was family and wanted to please \:\)

#957658 --- 01/14/09 06:22 AM Re: realtors [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
We were very specific on what we were looking for, how much work we wanted to do to make it livable, and the area...... and it seemed every single listing we received was NOT what we wanted! Either too much work, wrong price, or bad area..... so like i said I had to do all the footwork myself

#957869 --- 01/14/09 10:29 AM Re: realtors [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

"she didn't show me anything that didn't fit my desires."

Well, she might have briefly thought about it, and decided it was a no-go.

#958272 --- 01/14/09 06:40 PM Re: realtors [Re: VM Smith]
Bing Bong Offline

I think realtors look great when you're on the right side of the market, and terrible when you're on the wrong side. They range from lazy-ass order-takers to creative, dedicated workers. There's really no way to measure their value to you except by giving them a try. I suggest limiting a selling agent to a forty-five-day contract; if he's good, he'll take the challenge.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >