FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#940194 --- 12/17/08 06:16 PM Re: NY State the iPod Tax [Re: roadguy]
Sovereign King Offline

Loc: Auditioning on Broadway
Originally Posted By: roadguy
Anyway getting back to the point of this thread.

The state is getting out of control with all the taxing.

Can't disagree with you there...

FingerLakes1.com
#940201 --- 12/17/08 06:22 PM Re: NY State the iPod Tax [Re: roadguy]
Sovereign King Offline

Loc: Auditioning on Broadway
I would to know what "new younger" groups you are talking about? I would bet they have sold several million CD's if they are playing arena's.

I'll post the links to a few articles for you tomorrow (I gotta go bye bye right now) it is a growing trend to let your music be discovered by social networking sites like Myspace and putting your music out on P2P file sharing like lime wire. bear share, etc... Work out deals with sites like rhapsady that let you download unlimited music for one monthly price... Get your self out their and hope to be discovered by the fans not by a label... Then make money on your show, merchandise and a the CD you made... There have also been some big artists who cut ties with their labels and focus on other ways to make money besides cd sales...

#940333 --- 12/17/08 08:07 PM Re: NY State the iPod Tax [Re: Sovereign King]
roadguy Offline

Loc: here
Originally Posted By: Sovereign King
I would to know what "new younger" groups you are talking about? I would bet they have sold several million CD's if they are playing arena's.

I'll post the links to a few articles for you tomorrow (I gotta go bye bye right now) it is a growing trend to let your music be discovered by social networking sites like Myspace and putting your music out on P2P file sharing like lime wire. bear share, etc... Work out deals with sites like rhapsady that let you download unlimited music for one monthly price... Get your self out their and hope to be discovered by the fans not by a label... Then make money on your show, merchandise and a the CD you made... There have also been some big artists who cut ties with their labels and focus on other ways to make money besides cd sales...

Oh you mean sites like

LALA.com
ILike
Garageband.com
Taxi.com

Myspace

Facebook

Then there are the Limewire's and Bit Torrent

Gee I'm not familiar with any of these (insert sarcasm)

Look I believe you should support (buy) music whether it's a band on a label or doing it on their own.

Discussion is over being that I've let this thread get high jacked and helped by continuing to respond.

#940371 --- 12/17/08 10:09 PM Re: NY State the iPod Tax [Re: roadguy]
reilley Offline
Silver Member

Loc: between here and there
ok when do these taxes take affect ? The first of the year,now ... I haven't seen a date. All I know is that we are paying for something that the Government has messed up from Washington to village and towns. We are tightening our belts till there is no more to tighten and they won't give up anything,like the 21000 rug.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2