FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#939698 --- 12/16/08 10:49 PM Paterson's obesity and clothing tax
oops12 Offline

Loc: Absent
I heard on the radio this morning Paterson is going to sign an obesity tax. Taxing soda, those containing sugar (which is almost all of them) to a 15% tax. Also reinstating the clothing and shoe tax.

I thought he was all about "no more taxes, NY'ers are taxed enought". Another political lie?

FingerLakes1.com
#939711 --- 12/16/08 11:45 PM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: oops12]
Joe the Troller Offline

Loc: FL1 Clown Training Camp
I agree with this new tax structure. If you drink full version pop and wear clothes then you should pay more.

#939731 --- 12/17/08 01:29 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: Joe the Troller]
justme1161 Offline

Loc: Just Here
This tax is unfair to those that are in weight limit, and all test come back fine.

The diet part of a diet soda is aspartane. Which isn't good for children, or anyone for that!

Whom came up with this "new", "soon to be", law? Is it those that can't stop themeselves from ordering the "Super Size" at the fast food (few times a day) place?!?!

Maybe there should be a scale at the markets. This whould make as much since as the new, soon to be, tax on any cow owner to keep that cow.

What is this state, nation, turning into?

I guess we have to look how they all "think" we should look!

Be happy with yourself. This is the FIRST to being happy.

#939733 --- 12/17/08 02:39 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: justme1161]
justaxme Offline

Loc: On top?
New York Gov is just trying to insure that we are the highest taxed state in the US. This will insure the exit of young college grads out of New York. Nice job!!

#939735 --- 12/17/08 02:43 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: justaxme]
SoSeneca Offline

Loc: South Seneca Co.
Vote Guiliani in 2010.

#939736 --- 12/17/08 02:44 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: justme1161]
SoSeneca Offline

Loc: South Seneca Co.
Originally Posted By: justme1161
This tax is unfair to those that are in weight limit, and all test come back fine.

The diet part of a diet soda is aspartane. Which isn't good for children, or anyone for that!

Whom came up with this "new", "soon to be", law? Is it those that can't stop themeselves from ordering the "Super Size" at the fast food (few times a day) place?!?!

Maybe there should be a scale at the markets. This whould make as much since as the new, soon to be, tax on any cow owner to keep that cow.

What is this state, nation, turning into?

I guess we have to look how they all "think" we should look!

Be happy with yourself. This is the FIRST to being happy.

Not to be cruel, but how would he know what we look like????

#939764 --- 12/17/08 05:23 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: SoSeneca]
Ranger Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: GOD's 1/2 acre
This is only the beginning folks, they are gonna tax anything you do, and anything you use. Very soon they will be deliving meters for your bed. The more activities there are, the higher your tax will be.

#939770 --- 12/17/08 05:29 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: Ranger]
Della Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: Ranger
This is only the beginning folks, they are gonna tax anything you do, and anything you use. Very soon they will be deliving meters for your bed. The more activities there are, the higher your tax will be.

HA! I should be ok at this stage of my life \:\) Other stages may have put me in debt.

#939782 --- 12/17/08 05:37 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: Ranger]
Gold Member

Gotta get outta the messes made by Bush and Pataki somehow.

#939788 --- 12/17/08 05:43 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: ]
poohbear66 Offline

Loc: ny, usa
He will tax us all out of NYS tehn he can pay all the taxes himself. Do you think the "soda" companies are going to like an extra tax on the thier product so more people do not buy it? There will go more jobs.
They keep stressing higher education but he seems to want to make higher education for the rich only- the cost is outrageous now!

#939799 --- 12/17/08 06:05 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: poohbear66]
honcho Offline

Gov.Paterson,
What part of " the ecomomy is the worst is has been in decades" do you not get. Hello, wake up and think about your budget proposal. Lets see- cut school state aid, this means the local school budgets go thru the roof, nope can't afford that! Ok, STAR program gone- nope can't afford that! Obesity tax, ok, I am not obese, so I guess I do not have to pay this tax, right!! Cut the health care bennies, nope, can't afford that either. Oh yea, now that all my tax bills are higher than my mortgage, nope can't afford that !! I could go on and on, but on a final note, who the hell are you to spend $22,000.00 on a rug for the Governors Mansion, OH can't afford that !!!! Thanks for running me out of my home MORON !!!!!!!!!

#939800 --- 12/17/08 06:06 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: ]
Ranger Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: GOD's 1/2 acre
Originally Posted By: Festus!

Gotta get outta the messes made by Bush and Pataki somehow.

you're absolutly right Festus, Bush and Pataki single handedly put us right into the poor house, the federal and state legislators had nothing to do with any of the problems we're facing now, even tho both were very close to democratically dominante

#939804 --- 12/17/08 06:12 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: Ranger]
Gold Member

Of course, being a true conservative, you can't see how the GOP members of congress blocked everrything the Dems tried to do to head this mess off.

You gave us GHW and GW, they BOTH left us with economic disaster.
Clinton got us out of the mess created by GHW, I hope Obama is able to turn GW's mess (given it's far worse than the mess his Daddy made) around.

#939805 --- 12/17/08 06:13 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: Ranger]
Mountain Man Offline

Loc: out there
"Obesity tax"

Aptly named, who's obese? Us or the budget?

#939807 --- 12/17/08 06:20 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: Mountain Man]
grinch Offline

Loc: New York State

#939814 --- 12/17/08 06:52 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: grinch]
woodsman Offline

Loc: Ovid/Ithaca
it's only a proposal, folks- no need to stockpile your sugar-water just yet.

anybody remember the last time the state budget was passed on time? i can't...

#939815 --- 12/17/08 06:52 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: grinch]
muddin4life Offline

Loc: Somewhere
What gets me really upset is the soda tax which as for myself anything with artificial sweeteners makes me very ill so I guess the candy bar & soda will be out for an afternoon snack. I am sure their are many others that have this problem also. Then you add in the clothes, property & school taxes that will go through thr roof. As a working family of 4 it is tight now let alone if this budget is passed. It will drive us out of here too!!!!

#939816 --- 12/17/08 06:55 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: muddin4life]
woodsman Offline

Loc: Ovid/Ithaca
you could switch to juice- there's still sugar, and it's healthier \:\)

#939824 --- 12/17/08 07:26 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: woodsman]
Mr. Knowitall Offline

Loc: everywhere and nowhere
It seems like that all that the government is concerned about these days is their own wallets. What was that part of the Constitution again? "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union..." It doesn't seem like its we the people anymore.

Edited by Mr. Knowitall (12/17/08 07:28 AM)

There is no sense in arguing with some people. So just for you:
Have a good day! \:\)

#939837 --- 12/17/08 07:47 AM Re: Paterson's obesity and clothing tax [Re: woodsman]
Joe the Troller Offline

Loc: FL1 Clown Training Camp
Originally Posted By: woodsman
you could switch to juice- there's still sugar, and it's healthier \:\)

If it isn't 70% real juice then it is taxable.

Many drinks are not 70% real juice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >