FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#939135 --- 12/16/08 02:26 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Brightday]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Originally Posted By: Brightday

Carrie Kennedy is divorced from Andrew Cuomo.

That wasn't mentioned on CBS at all. Guess that didn't make the item quite as novel as the idea of a wife endorsing her cousin over her husband....lol.

FingerLakes1.com
#939136 --- 12/16/08 02:28 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Retired Soldier]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Originally Posted By: Retired Soldier
Originally Posted By: Ovidian
The last time I looked at my post dick wad I asked if she lived in NY?

Right. You didn't know and were too lazy to find out. Now you want to blame your ignorance and laziness on others.

Glad to see you are acting as civil as it seemed you would after FL1's warning. Instead of answering a simple question and leaving it at that, you insult the poster asking the question.

Case in point:

She lives in Manhattan. The last time I looked, that was part of NY....

You could have simply left it at "She lives in Manhattan." Instead, you had to add a dig where it was not necessary.

You reap what you sow, RS.

Edited by Strawberry Jam (12/16/08 03:24 PM)

#939153 --- 12/16/08 03:08 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Retired Soldier]
HarleyBobT Offline

Loc: Walloon Freedom Fighter
She lives in Manhattan. The last time I looked, that was part of NY.

Klein, who recruited Caroline Kennedy to form the New York City Education Department’s Office of Strategic Initiatives, credited her with creating a philanthropic framework that has raised more than $400 million, including $51 million from the foundation headed by Microsoft Corp. founder Bill Gates.

“I think she’d be terrific,” Klein said last week. “She’d add great luster to the position and have a lot of talented people to draw on.”

She also attracted praise, if not endorsements, from Obama and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg in the past two weeks.

Obama, who won her support last January and named her to a three-person team that helped select U.S. Senator Joseph Biden as his running mate, described Kennedy on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Dec. 7 as a “one of my dearest friends” and “a wonderful American, a wonderful person.”

‘Hard-Working, Honest’

A week ago, Bloomberg called her a “hard-working, honest” woman who “understands the issues” and “can do anything.” The mayor is founder and majority owner of Bloomberg News parent Bloomberg LP.

A Dec. 10 Marist College poll reported that Caroline Kennedy and New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, who is divorced from Kerry Kennedy, each received 25 percent support as the favorite for the Senate among the state’s registered voters. Kennedy got 31 percent among Democrats to Cuomo’s 21 percent. The poll had a 4.5 percentage point margin of error.

Caroline Kennedy lives in Manhattan with her husband, museum designer Edwin Schlossberg, and their three children, ages 20, 18 and 15.

Nice plagiarized piece RBS'er,it's by Henry Goldman and Christopher Stern.

#939168 --- 12/16/08 03:39 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: HarleyBobT]
Ovidian Offline
Silver Member

Loc: gone
Apparently he's too lazy to use his own words?

#939169 --- 12/16/08 03:41 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Ovidian]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
I wonder if Caroline's move into politics is being brought on by Ted's brain cancer? She is just about the last of the Kennedy line that hasn't been charged with some crime.

#939180 --- 12/16/08 04:05 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Ovidian Offline
Silver Member

I think alot of people bristle at her last name as if that in itself means some sort of political entitlement. Most of the negativity I'm hearing and reading has more to do with her lineage than any past political experiance. That's no big surprise because she has none. She does however seem genuine and I bet she is squeeky clean. Two things Ms.Clinton never was.

#939188 --- 12/16/08 04:25 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Ovidian]
Taxpayer14456 Offline

Loc: Geneva
Caroline Kennedy who?

#939355 --- 12/16/08 09:22 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Taxpayer14456]
wildman69 Offline

Loc: Cheney's Basement
And you Dems are always crying cronyism. If this isn't a position that she feels entitled to for her support then I don't know what one is.

#939516 --- 12/17/08 01:06 AM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: wildman69]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Cronyism? Hmmm, this is the first I have heard that her wanting to take Hillary's place as cronyism. I'm more apt to think this is a move on her part to keep her family active and alive in government leadership positions.

#939541 --- 12/17/08 01:20 AM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
wildman69 Offline

Loc: Cheney's Basement
How else would you classify someone getting hillary's seat that had such a huge role in submarining her bid for the nomination. She is about as unqualified and Hillary was when she got the seat so this is obviously payback for support.

#939601 --- 12/17/08 02:17 AM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Taxpayer14456]
Bing Bong Offline

Loc: the road to hell
Originally Posted By: Taxpayer14456
Caroline Kennedy who?

Schlossberg.

#939612 --- 12/17/08 02:28 AM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Bing Bong]
Gold Member

Bing Bong for Senate

#939700 --- 12/17/08 04:51 AM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Bing Bong]
Taxpayer14456 Offline

Loc: Geneva
Originally Posted By: Bing Bong
Originally Posted By: Taxpayer14456
Caroline Kennedy who?

Schlossberg.

Who?

#939749 --- 12/17/08 10:43 AM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Taxpayer14456]
justaxme Offline

Loc: On top?
She never cared enough to RUN and CAMPAIGN for office. But if you just hand it to her for little or no effort she'll take it. No wonder New York is going to hell in a hand basket. Hillary was in and out before she could do anything. I would love to hear what Hillary ever did!! I guess having a famous Dad or husband is all you need in NY.

#940073 --- 12/17/08 07:58 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: justaxme]
Brightday Offline

Dynasties: Kennedy, Clintons, Bushes. Jeb Bush wants to run for the Florida Senate seat, which would be a move to launch a run for the Presidency. He was the Governor of Florida.

#940470 --- 12/18/08 12:53 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Brightday]
Teacher73 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY, Seneca
I wonder if she figures on running for the Presidency in eight years. She would have to be appointed by the Guv, which appears to be a distinct possibility, then she would have to run for re-election and win but then it could happen.
To think that she has lived somewhat under the radar all these years, maybe she assumed that her brother was going to give it a shot but piloting skills put an end to that, and now to be in the spotlight seemingly pursuing this Senate seat. It could be the plan.

#940471 --- 12/18/08 12:54 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Brightday]
Teacher73 Offline

I wonder if she figures on running for the Presidency in eight years. She would have to be appointed by the Guv, which appears to be a distinct possibility, then she would have to run for re-election and win but then it could happen.
To think that she has lived somewhat under the radar all these years, maybe she assumed that her brother was going to give it a shot but piloting skills put an end to that, and now to be in the spotlight seemingly pursuing this Senate seat. It could be the plan.

#940478 --- 12/18/08 01:09 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Teacher73]
Ovidian Offline
Silver Member

Anyone else with the same lack of political history would never ever be consider for a New York senate seat. What she brings to the job is her name and the clout that goes with it. Is that enough? Would she favor downstate issues over those in upstate?

#940484 --- 12/18/08 01:27 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Teacher73]
Brightday Offline

I am more concerned over Jeb Bush than Caroline Kennedy.

#940485 --- 12/18/08 01:27 PM Re: Caroline Kennedy? [Re: Ovidian]
Teacher73 Offline

Originally Posted By: Ovidian
Anyone else with the same lack of political history would never ever be consider for a New York senate seat. What she brings to the job is her name and the clout that goes with it. Is that enough? Would she favor downstate issues over those in upstate?

Considering that she would have to learn the issues regarding upstate to help assure re-election who knows? For now she is a rookie with a pedigree and a first string, world class rolodex. Apparantly she has done some things for philanthropic organizations but again she knows where the money is. Would she be any good, we will get to wait and see.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >