FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#938696 --- 12/15/08 04:12 PM "Santa Claus will take you to hell"
Senecamom Offline

Loc: On a journey......
What is this world coming to???

OLYMPIA, Wash., Dec. 12 (UPI) -- A Kansas church known for its militant opposition to homosexuality wants to post a warning against Santa Claus in the Washington State Capitol.

A sign from the Westboro Baptist Church saying "Santa Claus will take you to hell" would join other religious statements on the third floor of the building, The Olympian reported. The posted displays include a nativity scene, a menorah and several atheist messages as well as a sign celebrating the winter solstice.

Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka is best known for picketing military funerals with signs that blame deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan on U.S. acceptance of homosexuality. The church is led by Fred Phelps Sr. and most of its members are his children and grandchildren.

The proposed sign would include a mocking version of the song "Santa Claus is coming to town" with messages deriding Santa as an idol.

"So get this fact straight:

you're feeling God's hate,

Santa's to blame for the economy's fate,

Santa Claus will take you to hell."

2008 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved

FingerLakes1.com
#938744 --- 12/15/08 05:17 PM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Senecamom]
Reinhart Faust Offline

Loc: This Island Earth
I'd just like to point out that this man and his "church" are poster children for separation of church and state. The only way to allow religious expression, such as nativity scenes or menorahs, on public land without violating the first amendment is to allow anyone and everyone to use the same land for their own religious display, and as soon as you open that door it's wide enough to let grandpa loony-toons and his fundamentalist hitlerjugend through.

#939082 --- 12/16/08 07:04 AM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Reinhart Faust]
Retired Soldier Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester, NY
Bingo. Unfortunately, they probably will still not get it. The concept that their beliefs might be offensive to others who believe differently so it is better that no religion be espoused by government agencies goes over their heads because they think they are "right" and everyone else is wrong.

#939106 --- 12/16/08 07:39 AM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Retired Soldier]
threeputt Offline

Loc: Waterloo
Thank god I'm an agnostic.

#939137 --- 12/16/08 08:33 AM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Senecamom]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
Originally Posted By: senecamom
What is this world coming to???

OLYMPIA, Wash., Dec. 12 (UPI) -- A Kansas church known for its militant opposition to homosexuality wants to post a warning against Santa Claus in the Washington State Capitol.

A sign from the Westboro Baptist Church saying "Santa Claus will take you to hell" would join other religious statements on the third floor of the building, The Olympian reported. The posted displays include a nativity scene, a menorah and several atheist messages as well as a sign celebrating the winter solstice.

Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka is best known for picketing military funerals with signs that blame deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan on U.S. acceptance of homosexuality. The church is led by Fred Phelps Sr. and most of its members are his children and grandchildren.

The proposed sign would include a mocking version of the song "Santa Claus is coming to town" with messages deriding Santa as an idol.

"So get this fact straight:

you're feeling God's hate,

Santa's to blame for the economy's fate,

Santa Claus will take you to hell."

2008 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Nothing this "church"...and I use the term loosely, does surprises me anymore. They are a group of haters living under the umbrella title of "Christians". They are no better than the KKK.

#939146 --- 12/16/08 08:57 AM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Strawberry Jam]
Senecamom Offline

The whole concept is sickening, those poor kids and grandkids....being taught about and living in hate.....the next generation of whackjobs.

#939159 --- 12/16/08 09:25 AM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Senecamom]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

I watched a documentary on the Phelps family and it was scary. The kids recited messages of hate at very young ages, yet could not tell you what they really meant.

Sick.

#939197 --- 12/16/08 10:49 AM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Strawberry Jam]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
I wish there was a way to silence this group. Maybe we can hire the Iraqi journalist to throw shoes at Fred Phelps. LOL

#939201 --- 12/16/08 10:53 AM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: TRD_Tacoma
I wish there was a way to silence this group. Maybe we can hire the Iraqi journalist to throw shoes at Fred Phelps. LOL

Nope, Phelps will just sue him and have more money for his hate campaign.

#939202 --- 12/16/08 10:54 AM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Strawberry Jam]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Even if it is a steel toed boot with spurs on the heels?

#939206 --- 12/16/08 10:57 AM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: TRD_Tacoma
Even if it is a steel toed boot with spurs on the heels?

I would like to see it, but Phelps family would just take the money and run with the hate.

#939207 --- 12/16/08 10:59 AM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Strawberry Jam]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Your correct. It just makes me see red when I hear their hate filled messages.

#939238 --- 12/16/08 12:11 PM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Reinhart Faust Offline

There's only one way to deal with that breed,

and this is it.

#939245 --- 12/16/08 12:22 PM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Reinhart Faust]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Now that was good.

#939248 --- 12/16/08 12:33 PM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Nice one, RF!

#939249 --- 12/16/08 12:34 PM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Strawberry Jam]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Interesting how the women had to shield him from the reporter. What a coward he is.

#939251 --- 12/16/08 12:36 PM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

And such lady like Christian words they used when speaking to the reporter.

#939252 --- 12/16/08 12:37 PM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Strawberry Jam]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

It doesn't surprise me. They are far from living their lives according to the words of Christ.

#939336 --- 12/16/08 02:49 PM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Reinhart Faust]
Senecamom Offline

Now that's FUNNY!

#939694 --- 12/16/08 10:37 PM Re: "Santa Claus will take you to hell" [Re: Senecamom]
Reinhart Faust Offline

That's how you deal with this kind of prejudice. Shouting and name calling is just throwing gasoline on a fire. Homophobes should be laughed at for the ridiculous people they are.

Here's another great example.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >