Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#938646 --- 12/15/08 03:10 PM Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah
HarleyBobT Offline

Loc: Walloon Freedom Fighter
New taxes, cuts in budget plan
Paterson sees $404M tax on non-diet soda; higher levies on health care

By JAMES M. ODATO, Capitol bureau
Click byline for more stories by writer.
First published: Sunday, December 14, 2008

New taxes, deep cuts to education and health care, and a restructuring of the state's economic development programs will be hallmarks of Gov. David Paterson's first budget plan to be released in two days, according to interviews of people briefed on components.

The plan will come with a host of revenue raisers - increased taxes on hospitals and insurance policies, for instance - and at least one new assessment, a so-called obesity tax on non-diet soda to raise $404 million. The governor also is contemplating requiring new license plates to raise cash, reviving sales tax on clothing purchases, removing the tax cap on gasoline and threatening to require Indian retailers to collect taxes on sales to non-Indians by signing into law a bill passed earlier this year by the Legislature.

Paterson will unveil the spending plan, aimed at closing a $12.5 billion deficit for next year, on Tuesday. The total size of the Paterson budget is unknown.

There is no word on Paterson's plans for the state work force, although he has said he will adhere to a strict hiring freeze while looking to consolidate some components of government.

The cuts will be across the board and will build upon a deficit reduction plan Paterson proposed in November as he attempted to close the $1.5 billion shortfall in the $120 billion budget negotiated for this year. The plan was inherited from the executive budget introduced last January by Gov. Eliot Spitzer.

The health industry will be particularly upset, although Paterson's cuts will raise blood pressure throughout. He will call for about $3.53 billion in health care cuts, not including federal share of matching Medicaid dollars, which could be another $2 billion in cuts.

The biggest hits will be to insurance companies, which will be asked to come up with about $855 million in extra assessments. Those amount to more taxes on health insurance plans, increased sales tax on hospital discharges and more shifting of general fund costs to the Insurance Department so that insurance companies pay for programs such as Timothy's Law, the mandated coverage of mental health treatments.

Further, the governor also will propose a new tax on some physician services to raise $50 million.

The bottom line will be a net increase in costs that ultimately get paid by subscribers, thereby increasing the cost of coverage at a time that most upstate insurers are struggling.

Hospital cost saving initiatives will amount to $700 million next year and $50 million this year. Some of that will come from a 0.7 percent tax on gross receipts and Medicaid rate reductions. Graduate medical education funds will be redirected to save $141 million and another $23 million will be cut through reforming reimbursement.

Nursing homes will be cut by $4.2 million this year and $420 million next year. Home care will be cut $190 million next year.

A number of other public health programs will come with savings by, for instance, taxing non-diet sodas under an "obesity tax" that will raise $404 million. Prescription drug costs, a hit on pharmacies and drug makers, will cut by $111 million.

Among the reductions in education spending, public colleges will be directed to raise tuitions. But despite the cuts, Paterson will try to make it easier for SUNY schools to partner with private developers who want to build on campus property. The public/private initiative is seen as a way to stimulate construction of private housing for campus residents.

The Empire Zone program will be cut by at least 50 percent, saving the state tens of millions by not extending benefits as liberally.

The budget will come a day after Senate Republicans vote on a bill to stimulate the economy by phasing out the Empire Zone program through 2011 and using the savings as tax breaks for companies.

The governor has contemplated instituting a different pension system for new employees, but the so-called Tier 5 program may not make it to the budget. He is also expected to reiterate a call for greater health care payments from retirees and the closure of some juvenile detention facilities.

James M. Odato can be reached at 454-5083 or by e-mail at jodato@timesunion.com.

FingerLakes1.com
#939161 --- 12/16/08 09:33 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: HarleyBobT]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Times are tough and unfortunately tough measures need to be implemented.

#939183 --- 12/16/08 10:08 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
LaughinWillow Offline

Loc: State of Emergency
I don't agree with a lot of this guy's ideas - cutting health care in this economy, in particular, seems completely insane. But charging more for food (or "pseudofood" as the case may be) that is unhealthy and causes most of the problems that are glutting our health care system makes perfect sense. Why shouldn't fresh broccoli cost less than ramen noodles? Or pomegranate juice less than coke? Junk food consumption is probably the #1 reason that Americans have the worst health in the industrialized world. Cost, combined with an intense ad campaign, finally reduced smoking numbers. Don't we want a healthier public? I mean, don't ban the food - just make it less attractive to purchase.

#939195 --- 12/16/08 10:46 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: LaughinWillow]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

I'm torn when it comes to cutting back on health care subsidararies. I work in health care and I do know that cutting funding on Medicaid will impact my employer. However, when I look at the money that is being wasted on Medicaid for people who are just completely lazy and refuse to work, it infuriates me. There has to be a way to get these worthless people off the medicaid roles and out in the work force. There also has to be a way to break the cycle of generation after generation living off welfare and the tax dollars of the working public.

When I hear the idea that Patterson wants to tax "sin foods", part of me agrees with the plan.

#939259 --- 12/16/08 12:44 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
LaughinWillow Offline

I'm sure there are people who abuse Medicaid, but the majority of people on Medicaid are children and single moms. I'm not clear on where he's cutting funding though - so perhaps it won't hurt the people who need it most. The problem is, when these programs start getting cuts, the people who get cut out are the working poor. So the people who could work but won't will continue to qualify due to their lack of income, but the people who work 40 hours a week for minimum wage will be shafted. Which really makes no sense when you think about it - those folks are going straight to the welfare rolls if they get too sick to work and can't get care.

There's definitely a way to get people off welfare - providing a living wage, universal health care, affordable child care, extensive public transportation, good basic education, and affordable secondary education would all be a start. I think it's easy to judge people on welfare as "worthless," but when there are simply no opportunities for a decent living, welfare is the logical alternative. It's hard to justify working a minimum-wage job when it means a 2 hour bus ride each way (IF you're lucky enough to live near a bus line) and losing your medical assistance. I'd personally be happy if the government completely eliminated all welfare programs - it would mean all-out rebellion by the poor, who would no longer be pacified by the pittance handout they're getting from the rich.

#939264 --- 12/16/08 12:53 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: LaughinWillow]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

LW, there are an over abundance of single moms that are on welfare that are perfectly capable of working that refuse to work. I have no problem giving funding to single moms who are capable of working and do work, especially if they are in low paying jobs. My problem has been and always will be with the dead beats that pop out kids like rabbits and use these kids as an excuse not to work.

As far as getting medical care, I hate to break it to the people who are pushing for universal health care, but it won't make a huge difference for many of these people. They tend not to bother to get good healthcare not because it is not available, but instead because they choose not to get it. We have several doctor's offices located within the poorer sections of Rochester. The "no show" rate for appointments is overwhelming at times. Many patients act as though it is unreasonable to expect them to get up and visit the doctor before 10 or 11 am in the morning.

What I would like to see, is programs the force these people that are capable of working to get jobs and if they need supplemental income to assist them, then give it to them. I do not feel it is necessary to reward them for being lazy and sitting at home doing nothing other than feeding of the rest of the public.

Edited by TRD_Tacoma (12/16/08 12:54 PM)

#939329 --- 12/16/08 02:37 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
happimomof2 Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY
Ok I'm ready to move out of state....is there any state that's in better shape than NY? Has any government official looked back into our history to see what worked back then when taxes were not forced to be paid? Just wondering. We are all in deep trouble now....we're all going to be out on the streets, no? I'm just so frustrated.

#939345 --- 12/16/08 03:03 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: happimomof2]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

If people learn to live within their means, they won't be out on the streets. For too long, people have been living on credit cards and buying buying buying without thinking if they really need to make that purchase.

#939359 --- 12/16/08 03:23 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: happimomof2]
HarleyBobT Offline

Originally Posted By: happimomof2
Ok I'm ready to move out of state....is there any state that's in better shape than NY? Has any government official looked back into our history to see what worked back then when taxes were not forced to be paid? Just wondering. We are all in deep trouble now....we're all going to be out on the streets, no? I'm just so frustrated.

Belize is the only place.

#939386 --- 12/16/08 04:31 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: HarleyBobT]
LaughinWillow Offline

happimom, Madison, Wisconsin consistently has an unemployment rate that is about half of the national average, and better than average wages. And it also happens to be one of the coolest places in the US to boot. A huge farmer's market, strong food and housing co-ops, awesome schools, reasonable housing costs...

Back to folks on welfare, TRD, I'm not sure if you're saying that single moms with small children should be forced to work, or if you are referring to people with older kids. Most states only permit women to stay on welfare without working so long as their children are under 5 years (unless they are disabled or seriously ill). So there are programs already in place to force people to get jobs - the problem is that there simply aren't enough decent-paying jobs, and poor people often don't have a way to get to areas that offer more jobs due to the lack of public transportation. This is especially true in rural areas. It seems like we would see - in this time where the middle class claims that it is barely getting by - that it isn't as simple as just going out and "getting a job." Jobs are being lost - even in the low-paying service sector. And instead of tackling problems like lack of public transportation or wages that do not rise with inflation, our "leaders" are handing billions to bankers - supposedly to help them offer more credit (which got us here in the first place).

Speaking of the issue of transportation, it's worth mentioning that part of the reason I think Madison has done consistently better is because of its incredible public transportation system. You can get anywhere in the city quickly by bus. In addition, there are bike paths and a bike culture all over the city as well. There are plans to open a train station so that people can get to hubs in Chicago easily. So there you've got a great example of a city that, with some planning, has made it possible for both the wealthy to profit and for poorer folks to make a living.

I used to work in mental health, and am pretty familiar with the welfare system - at least in Pennsylvania where I worked - and in my experience, the vast majority of people receiving assistance are NOT "popping out kids" (in fact, the average number of children a family on assistance has is TWO), nor do they have some deep-rooted desire to avoid work. In many cases, some simple thing like a local BUS would make a huge difference. In others, it simply doesn't add up economically to pay for child care while making minimum wage. There are so many factors - I just get really uncomfortable when people start talking about "cutting welfare," because such cuts generally hurt decent people far more than the people that people say they want to get off the rolls. On top of which, the worst people - the ones who won't work, the criminal element? If they don't get help from their government, they often turn to committing crimes, not working.

#939409 --- 12/16/08 05:08 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
sands Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: TRD_Tacoma
There has to be a way to get these worthless people off the medicaid roles and out in the work force. There also has to be a way to break the cycle of generation after generation living off welfare and the tax dollars of the working public.

There is. Vote Republican.

#939493 --- 12/16/08 06:50 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: sands]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: sands
There has to be a way to get these worthless people off the medicaid roles and out in the work force. There also has to be a way to break the cycle of generation after generation living off welfare and the tax dollars of the working public.

There is. Vote Republican.

Yeah, we see how that worked the past 8 years. And need I remind you that the Monroe County Executive is a Republican (Airhed Maggie Brooks) and we know Monroe County is not a shining example of welfare reform... \:\/

#939505 --- 12/16/08 06:59 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: LaughinWillow]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: LaughinWillow
Back to folks on welfare, TRD, I'm not sure if you're saying that single moms with small children should be forced to work, or if you are referring to people with older kids. Most states only permit women to stay on welfare without working so long as their children are under 5 years (unless they are disabled or seriously ill). So there are programs already in place to force people to get jobs - the problem is that there simply aren't enough decent-paying jobs, and poor people often don't have a way to get to areas that offer more jobs due to the lack of public transportation. This is especially true in rural areas. It seems like we would see - in this time where the middle class claims that it is barely getting by - that it isn't as simple as just going out and "getting a job." Jobs are being lost - even in the low-paying service sector. And instead of tackling problems like lack of public transportation or wages that do not rise with inflation, our "leaders" are handing billions to bankers - supposedly to help them offer more credit (which got us here in the first place).

Yes, single mothers with little children should be out working supporting themselves and their children. They chose to have these kids, it is their responsibility to raise and support them. If I was a single parent, you can be darn sure I wouldn't be sitting at home expecting others to foot the bill for my choices.

As far as jobs, there are jobs available if people are willing to look and obtain them. Point in case, my partner is willing to work a full time job and 2 part time jobs in order to get ahead.

When you talk about lack of public transportation, there is a very simple solution, move closer to where work is. I remember my grandparents talking about how they had to ensure they lived within walking distance to my grandfather's employer because they could not afford to drive long distances.

Do I agree that the government should be giving billions to the banks and the auto industry? Definitely not. Make these companies either sink or swim on their own.

I still say, if people are capable of working, whether they have little children or not, they should be working and if they then still cannot make ends meet, that is when welfare should kick in. If you work and show that you are trying, then you get assistance. You sit at home like a slug, then you don't get assistance. Pretty simple logic to me.

#939508 --- 12/16/08 07:00 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Senecamom Offline

Loc: On a journey......
If people learn to live within their means, they won't be out on the streets. For too long, people have been living on credit cards and buying buying buying without thinking if they really need to make that purchase.

OMG We agree.

#939509 --- 12/16/08 07:01 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: Senecamom]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: senecamom

OMG We agree.

Does that shock you? \:\)

#939511 --- 12/16/08 07:02 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Senecamom Offline

...still say, if people are capable of working, whether they have little children or not, they should be working and if they then still cannot make ends meet, that is when welfare should kick in. If you work and show that you are trying, then you get assistance. You sit at home like a slug, then you don't get assistance. Pretty simple logic to me.....[quote]

Okay this is scary- We agree AGAIN. LOL

#939526 --- 12/16/08 07:09 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: Senecamom]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

You see, I see the people that sit at home and do nothing every day of my life. Further, I see the single mom's that do come to work, in low paying jobs, making every effort to pay for themselves and their children.

The think that seems to differentiate these two groups of people: Pride.

#939532 --- 12/16/08 07:13 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Senecamom Offline

I must be in a parallel universe. LOL! I couldn't agree more.

#939533 --- 12/16/08 07:13 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
threesons Offline

Loc: Hysteria Lane
I just need to mention that I'm the obese one who drinks Diet Coke, and my skinny little kids drink regular sodas.....however not often for them as it's considered a 'treat' around here. It is annoying how many people let their kids drink sodas all the time.

When you look at your investments and wet your pants.

#939552 --- 12/16/08 07:26 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: threesons]
LaughinWillow Offline

I just think that saying that single mothers with small children should just go work is short-sighted. It doesn't benefit our society to have hundreds of thousands of children being raised in daycare so that their mothers can work at low-paying jobs (though it certainly benefits companies like McDonalds and WalMart). Further, child support requirements and enforcement for fathers in this country is laughable. Sure, these women "chose" to have these children, but they certainly didn't impregnate themselves. I suppose the answer is, "Well, of course the fathers should be taking care of their children," but THEY'RE NOT. It is the fathers, if anyone, who should be forced to work as wage slaves.

A perfect solution to all of this would be to make minimum wage a living wage. It is outrageous that anyone should have to work full time in this country for less than the poverty level. Especially when the people at the tops of the same companies are often making 300 times the lowest worker's salary. It just isn't right.

#939583 --- 12/16/08 07:49 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: LaughinWillow]
HarleyBobT Offline

I just think that saying that single mothers with small children should just go work is short-sighted. It doesn't benefit our society to have hundreds of thousands of children being raised in daycare so that their mothers can work at low-paying jobs (though it certainly benefits companies like McDonalds and WalMart). Further, child support requirements and enforcement for fathers in this country is laughable. Sure, these women "chose" to have these children, but they certainly didn't impregnate themselves. I suppose the answer is, "Well, of course the fathers should be taking care of their children," but THEY'RE NOT. It is the fathers, if anyone, who should be forced to work as wage slaves.

A perfect solution to all of this would be to make minimum wage a living wage. It is outrageous that anyone should have to work full time in this country for less than the poverty level. Especially when the people at the tops of the same companies are often making 300 times the lowest worker's salary. It just isn't right.

I think we need to put the small children back to work at below minimum wage.

#939632 --- 12/16/08 08:43 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: LaughinWillow]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

You once again fail to comprehend my point. If working mothers are not able to make ends meet on their wages, then they would be entitled to assistance. If they are not working, then well, too bad. They don't get assistance until they get a job.

And while I agree the fathers of these kids should also be supporting them, if they are not around or in some cases not even known, then these mothers have the sole responsibility to support these kids.

They had these kids, it is now their responsibility to support them. I'm sorry, but I didn't force them to get pregnant, they made the choice for themselves. Whether you like it or not, they need to face up to their responsibilities and take care of their own just like my parents did.

Edited by TRD_Tacoma (12/16/08 08:44 PM)

#939674 --- 12/16/08 10:02 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Ovidian Offline
Silver Member

Loc: gone
"but I didn't force them to get pregnant", Lol--Like there would ever be a fat chance in hell of that ever happening!

#939732 --- 12/17/08 02:39 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: Ovidian]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
He is starting a war on obesity by taxing non-diet soda, yet Diet Soda has been proven to be addicting AND one of the additives in diet soda is a known carcinogen ....so WHO is going to pay for everyone's cancer treatments once they all switch to diet??

#939751 --- 12/17/08 04:53 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: LaughinWillow]
Mountain Man Offline

Loc: out there
The bottom line is once again, through LACK OF LEADERSHIP, we pay. We paid while they spent like drunken sailors and now we pay to finance the debt it created. State or federal, we lack leadership and control and have from both parties.

Patterson must be on crack. While we desperately need the money, wages are leaving and declining in NY. How the hell are we supposed to live?

#939774 --- 12/17/08 05:31 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: Mountain Man]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Taxes on everything keep going up yet my pay remains the same WTF!

#939785 --- 12/17/08 05:39 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Gold Member

Gotta get outta the messes made by Bush and Pataki somehow.

#939789 --- 12/17/08 05:44 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: ]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

I agree Festus..... but why are we spending Billions on bailing out companies that made poor financial decisions and have already made billions off of the taxpayers??? I made some poor choices in the past....so where is MY bailout??

#939790 --- 12/17/08 05:45 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Also the hole we are in in NYS started years ago with Cuomo....Pataki just didn't do anything about it

#939801 --- 12/17/08 06:06 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Scottie2Hottie
I agree Festus..... but why are we spending Billions on bailing out companies that made poor financial decisions and have already made billions off of the taxpayers??? I made some poor choices in the past....so where is MY bailout??

I completely disagree with any bailouts for the fat cats who got themselves in a jam.

Also the hole we are in in NYS started years ago with Cuomo....Pataki just didn't do anything about it

Agreed. Cuomo was worthless.

#939821 --- 12/17/08 07:10 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: ]
HarleyBobT Offline

Originally Posted By: Festus!

Once again fetus you don't know what your talking and all you want to do is play the blame game. It all goes back to Clinton and Cuomo and you democrats with your corroding and disintegrating poison that you call liberalism.

#939870 --- 12/17/08 08:49 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

He is starting a war on obesity by taxing non-diet soda, yet Diet Soda has been proven to be addicting AND one of the additives in diet soda is a known carcinogen ....so WHO is going to pay for everyone's cancer treatments once they all switch to diet??

Switch to something other than soda. How about water? It's refreshing, comes from your tap, and it is healthy.

#939875 --- 12/17/08 08:54 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: HarleyBobT]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: HarleyBobT

Once again fetus you don't know what your talking and all you want to do is play the blame game. It all goes back to Clinton and Cuomo and you democrats with your corroding and disintegrating poison that you call liberalism.

I'll give ya Cuomo, he was an idiot. But so was Pataki.

You blamed Clinton for Bush's FIRST RECESSION. I won't even go there, your heart wouldn't stand it.
Tell me, EXACTLY, how Clinton is responsible for Bush's SECOND RECESSION.

#939905 --- 12/17/08 09:32 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: HarleyBobT]
LaughinWillow Offline

Bwah ha ha ha ha! What a laugh. Is it liberalism that called for near-complete deregulation of the entire banking industry? Is it liberalism that got us into a pointless war and never-ending occupation costing billions a month? It is liberalism that claimed that the "free market" would make everyone richer, or that unhampered consumption was the way to go with our economy? I don't think so. I've admitted lots of times that Clinton was as much to blame for our mess as anyone - the least you could do is admit that your republican "leaders" are just as guilty.

The fact is, the democrats in government are hardly "liberals" at all - I'm about as far left as you can get, and none of them represent me (except Kucinich). People like myself on the outer limits of liberalism have been warning for years that deregulation and mindless consumerism would eventually erode the middle class and bring down this economy. Thing is, far right constitutionalists like Ron Paul have as well. Guess all of us "fringe loonies" were the smart ones. Watching it happen, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. If I thought this situation would cause idiotic americans to wise up and realize that their "lawmakers" on BOTH SIDES are screwing them and destroying this planet, and then cast off these ruling elite scumbags, it would be cause for overwhelming joy. As it is, it seems that most people are too bought off by gadgets to do much of anything but whine about their 401K. Or like you, try desperately to pin it on the other guy. Because that just feels better than admitting that you've been duped.

#939963 --- 12/17/08 10:58 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: ]
HarleyBobT Offline

I'll give ya Cuomo, he was an idiot. But so was Pataki.

You blamed Clinton for Bush's FIRST RECESSION. I won't even go there, your heart wouldn't stand it.
Tell me, EXACTLY, how Clinton is responsible for Bush's SECOND RECESSION.the depression

Come Fester you know it's true! When your boy Slick Willy signed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and repealing the Glass-Steagall Act. That started the ball or balls rolling to the greatest depression in our history.

#939991 --- 12/17/08 11:41 AM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: HarleyBobT]
Mountain Man Offline

Loc: out there
Both parties have acted in concert for well over twenty years. They are the same lying rats with different monikers.

#940063 --- 12/17/08 01:30 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: Mountain Man]
Night prowler Offline

Loc: ny
LOL, People think the fat tax is to force people to be healthy. Then the health club tax is what, to force people to be unhealthy? LOL You liberals are something else...... LOL

#940071 --- 12/17/08 01:53 PM Re: Paterson "obesity tax" ahahah [Re: Night prowler]
WilllOWisp Offline

Loc: Seneca County
1. I dread the thought of seniors and poor people running around nude if they can not afford clothing. I will shop ebay if it comes to an increase in clothing tax.

2. I Drink more Iced Tea than soda, but like an occaisional Pepsi with Pizza or spicey wings. I hope this doesn't fly.

3. To all of you who voted in public servants who want Universal Health Care. What do you think is down the road if the Gov controls your Health? Hmmmm? I Shutter to think!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >