Topic Options
#930719 --- 12/04/08 09:29 AM Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column
Senecamom Offline

Loc: On a journey......
Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column
by Chelsea Eggleston
File photo
Published Dec 04, 2008

Former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer is resurfacing, as a columnist for the online publication slate.com.

Spitzer's now the author of a bi-weekly column on financial matters. Slate is a daily magazine on the web. It provides analysis and commentary about politics, news, and culture.

Spitzer resigned from office in March after being named in a federal prostitution investigation.

FingerLakes1.com
#930727 --- 12/04/08 09:39 AM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: Senecamom]
Gold Member

And who cares what he has to say?

#930759 --- 12/04/08 10:14 AM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: ]
Ovidian Offline
Silver Member

Loc: gone
People who looking for high end hookers?

#930760 --- 12/04/08 10:15 AM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: Ovidian]
Gold Member

That's what Craigslist is for.

#930830 --- 12/04/08 11:56 AM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: ]
Senecamom Offline

Loc: On a journey......
Originally Posted By: Festus!

I have never cared what he has said- He's a liar.

I found it interesting that he will be speaking on financial matters though, given no charges are being filed against him for the taxpayer monies he used for his call girls- he may have financial insights for the crisis we are in now-lol.

#930865 --- 12/04/08 12:56 PM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: Senecamom]
Night prowler Offline

Loc: ny
Festus, did you vote for him?

#930970 --- 12/04/08 03:06 PM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: ]
HarleyBobT Offline

Loc: Walloon Freedom Fighter
That's what Craigslist is for.

Ahahahah

#931339 --- 12/05/08 05:56 AM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: HarleyBobT]
Teacher73 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY, Seneca
Considering how his interest in teenage prostitutes has shown his concern for all women's issues he is lucky that anyone wants to hear him say anything to anybody.

#931373 --- 12/05/08 06:38 AM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: Senecamom]
Rascal Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Brewerton, NY, USA
Originally Posted By: senecamom

I have never cared what he has said- He's a liar.

I found it interesting that he will be speaking on financial matters though, given no charges are being filed against him for the taxpayer monies he used for his call girls- he may have financial insights for the crisis we are in now-lol.

I thought one of the reasons why he wasn't charged was because it was his own money he used, not taxpayers'...

#931393 --- 12/05/08 07:02 AM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: Rascal]
PYmastersteve Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My understanding was that he wasnt charged because he threw other people under the bus and exposed the ring...

#931413 --- 12/05/08 07:29 AM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: Rascal]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
"

By JAMES GORDON MEEK, THOMAS ZAMBITO and GREG B. SMITH
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 2:18 AM
Room in Mayflower Hotel like one booked by Gov. Spitzer. Egan-Chin/News

Room in Mayflower Hotel like one booked by Gov. Spitzer.
Man holds sign backing governor outside Spitzer's Manhattan home Tuesday. Roca/News

Man holds sign backing governor outside Spitzer's Manhattan home Tuesday.

As Gov. Spitzer held the state hostage to negotiate a sweet plea deal Tuesday night, probers looked to see if he used tax dollars for trysts with high-priced hookers totaling up to $80,000.

A source familiar with the probe said IRS and FBI investigators found at least nine instances going back 18 months in which Spitzer made multiple cash transfers linked to Emperors Club VIP, a high-priced prostitution ring.

Although the cash used to pay for a $4,300 prostitute named "Kristen" apparently came from Spitzer's account, he used taxpayer dollars to fly to and from his .illicit rendezvous."

#932211 --- 12/06/08 08:37 AM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: VM Smith]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
"
Although the cash used to pay for a $4,300 prostitute named "Kristen" apparently came from Spitzer's account, he used taxpayer dollars to fly to and from his .illicit rendezvous."

If I remember correctly, I believe that Gov. Spitzer was actually in Washington on government travel. That would make his use of "taxpayer dollars to fly to and from his .illicit rendezvous" legal, although the illicit act in itself was not legal.

While everyone is busy bashing Spitzer, I would ask those who do so to remember that this was the one Attorney General we had who actually went after the Wall Street pirates who put us in the financial straits we now find ourselves in. He wasn't called "The Sheriff of Wall Street" for nothing. While I certainly do not condone his acts, think them reprehensible and believe that he should have lost his job for it (which he did), I just ask that you remember some of the good things that he did too.

#932220 --- 12/06/08 08:55 AM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: Josephus]
Al Kida Offline

Originally Posted By: Josephus
I just ask that you remember some of the good things that he did too.

Yes!!!

1) He tip very good!!!

2) As attorney general he break up prostitution ring and put 18 peoples in jail!!!

Good thing he not deserve jail for same thing!!!

#932252 --- 12/06/08 10:36 AM Re: Former Governor Spitzer to Write Column [Re: Al Kida]
Josephus Offline
Silver Member

Loc: NYS
Originally Posted By: Al Kida
Originally Posted By: Josephus
I just ask that you remember some of the good things that he did too.

Yes!!!

1) He tip very good!!!

2) As attorney general he break up prostitution ring and put 18 peoples in jail!!!

Good thing he not deserve jail for same thing!!!

Good point, my local terrorist. ;\) I said he did SOME good things, and he did. He also did some bad things. Personally, I think he should have done some jail time. Especially in view of the fact that he didn't practice what he preached.