FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#930875 --- 12/04/08 01:04 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: SkySoldier]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: SkySoldier
And by saying Obama doesn't have a clue I meant about the world outside of wrights' church and his Chicago activism.

Yeah. He's only well-traveled with a multi-cultural background.

He has absolutely no clue to what is going on behind the political screens but will have as he learns OJT and is briefed on the fact that we have 50 states not 57.

So one minute he's the ultimate political insider and the next he has no clue what is going on behind the political screens?

Oy.

Oh, and he misspoke? Ohhhhhhhh! Guess I should ignore absolutely everything that came out of President Bush's mouth the past 8 years or so.

Edited by past tense (12/04/08 01:12 PM)

FingerLakes1.com
#930906 --- 12/04/08 01:37 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: past tense]
HarleyBobT Offline

Loc: Walloon Freedom Fighter
Originally Posted By: past tense
LOL

I love people who think Obama "doesn't have a real clue". He's clearly unbelievably intelligent

The Messiah is clearly unbelievably intelligent just like most liberal's are clearly unbelievably gullible. He pulled the wool over all your eyes and you didn't even flinched. ahahahah

#930914 --- 12/04/08 01:41 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: HarleyBobT]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Originally Posted By: HarleyBobT
The Messiah is clearly unbelievably intelligent just like most liberal's are clearly unbelievably gullible. He pulled the wool over all your eyes and you didn't even flinched. ahahahah

You're right about one thing - I "didn't even flinched".

This is something with which I cannot argue.

"ahahahaha"

#930915 --- 12/04/08 01:41 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: past tense]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Oh, and it looks like he managed to convince more than a few conservatives, too!

Whaddya know.

#930916 --- 12/04/08 01:42 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: ]
HarleyBobT Offline

Originally Posted By: Festus!
Originally Posted By: alummule
Frankly. He's very slick and has been marketed amazingly well.

You have people using a slick anology/ photo of cowboy boots hanging inches off the ground in front of an American flag that is CLEARLY meant to give a subliminal if not outright impression of a hung GW Bush.

I believe you are referring to my photo avatar.
Jonathan Byrd {folk singer}in Dingo boots hanging inches off the ground in front of an American flag .
http://www.myspace.com/jonathanbyrd
It was meant to give the impression of what he and many of us felt our government would do like to do to us .
Never crossed my mind that some would see it as Bush.
I can't seem to locate the photo now .

I have every photo you ever posted on your myspace page.

Photo after photo showing you obsession with hating GW Bush.

Like this one that shows cowboy boots limply hanging in front of the American Flag ...

Oh yeah, that aint supposed to be Bush. Rightttttttttttttt.

Just like this is not your president.

Also off your wide open myspace page. Just as was this gem of intelligence.

Or how about how you got your screen name ... Aluminum Mule?

On your myspace page you babble "FRIGGEN BUSH" every other breath.

That alone makes you dangerous. And your lame explanation of your avatar, that dissapeared when I first pointed out that it was not only offensive but a borderline threat against the life of a sitting president.

Yeah, Bush wants us all to hang ourselves in cowboy boots in front of an american flag in texas,

And you dress funny. Nice Aluminum mule ya gots there.

Many of US did not and do not like Bush.

But he is YOUR president FOOL.

Just as Obama WILL BE my president after the 20th of January.

He's not the only one doing it.

If you want more photo's of the messiah I'll leave the door open for you fetus...

#930918 --- 12/04/08 01:45 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: past tense]
HarleyBobT Offline

Oh, and it looks like he managed to convince more than a few conservatives, too!

Whaddya know.

I know, but the country as a whole didn't have much to choose from.

Edited by HarleyBobT (12/04/08 02:18 PM)

#930925 --- 12/04/08 01:50 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: HarleyBobT]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Well then, let's not pretend he only found support from liberals.

#930935 --- 12/04/08 01:56 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: HarleyBobT]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: HarleyBobT
Originally Posted By: Festus!
Originally Posted By: alummule
Frankly. He's very slick and has been marketed amazingly well.

You have people using a slick anology/ photo of cowboy boots hanging inches off the ground in front of an American flag that is CLEARLY meant to give a subliminal if not outright impression of a hung GW Bush.

I believe you are referring to my photo avatar.
Jonathan Byrd {folk singer}in Dingo boots hanging inches off the ground in front of an American flag .
http://www.myspace.com/jonathanbyrd
It was meant to give the impression of what he and many of us felt our government would do like to do to us .
Never crossed my mind that some would see it as Bush.
I can't seem to locate the photo now .

I have every photo you ever posted on your myspace page.

Photo after photo showing you obsession with hating GW Bush.

Like this one that shows cowboy boots limply hanging in front of the American Flag ...

Oh yeah, that aint supposed to be Bush. Rightttttttttttttt.

Just like this is not your president.

Also off your wide open myspace page. Just as was this gem of intelligence.

Or how about how you got your screen name ... Aluminum Mule?

On your myspace page you babble "FRIGGEN BUSH" every other breath.

That alone makes you dangerous. And your lame explanation of your avatar, that dissapeared when I first pointed out that it was not only offensive but a borderline threat against the life of a sitting president.

Yeah, Bush wants us all to hang ourselves in cowboy boots in front of an american flag in texas,

And you dress funny. Nice Aluminum mule ya gots there.

Many of US did not and do not like Bush.

But he is YOUR president FOOL.

Just as Obama WILL BE my president after the 20th of January.

He's not the only one doing it.

If you want more photo's of the messiah I'll leave the door open for you fetus...

Oh, OK.

#930947 --- 12/04/08 02:32 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: past tense]
Mountain Man Offline

Loc: out there
Pasttense how can my decision to doubt Obama be anything other than a personal choice? Did you not say: "have no idea how doubting some one's sincerity is a "choice"

now understand me, I want to be wrong about Obama. I don't trust his intentions. Does he mean to deliberately cause harm to America? No more than did George Bush...look where that got us. At best he is a dreamer, at worst an egomaniac charlatan. I lean toward the latter.

I do believe his intentions are not in the interest of the people even though his rhetoric was such. His voting record, what there was of it, was not so purposeful in helping the people of America.

nothing would make me more happy than to have you shove my words down my throat in a year. If he does what he promised, he'd be great beyond belief.

As I said earlier, I don't like him, but I will support him when he's in office..at least for a while.

#930955 --- 12/04/08 02:42 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: Mountain Man]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Ok. You think Obama "doesn't mean what he says". I do. I'm supposed to be shocked and saddened that he's hit the point that every President-elect hits: reality in implementation of campaign promises. That's a big "LOL" to me. Had John McCain won he'd be in the same position now "I said this, but the reality is _____" on any myriad of topics/issues. As for "egomaniac" - I think one has to be in order to be president in modern times. I have no idea how else one would handle the responsibilities involved.

As for "choosing" to believe someone or not - maybe it's just the wording you used I didn't get. If someone demonstrates they are untrustworthy that's one thing but that's not exactly what you seem to say - you sort of do, but then you say you're leaving room for him to prove himself trustworthy although you've already said you've chosen to believe he isn't so...it's just not clear to me but it doesn't really have to be. It's a forum, not a masters thesis or anything.

I'm not going to shove anyone's words down anyone's throat. He'll get some things done, and he won't get other things done. It's not that much different than any other president.

#931048 --- 12/04/08 05:46 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: past tense]
Mountain Man Offline

Loc: out there
Food God PastTense, Obama...McCain...you're making me relive the nightmare of these two jokers.

We've been boned. He isn't even in office and he's backing down/ I am glad McCain is gone and am quite sad that Obama will get the free pass that no one else would get.

Let's see what happens. I hope you win the argument!

#932464 --- 12/06/08 08:53 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: past tense]
Al Kida Offline

Ok. You think Obama "doesn't mean what he says". I do.

Mr. Obama always mean what he say!!!

"Yesterday, John McCain actually said that if he's president that he'll take on, and I quote, 'the old boys network in Washington.' Now I'm not making this up. This is somebody who's been in Congress for twenty-six years, who put seven of the most powerful Washington lobbyists in charge of his campaign. And now he tells us that he's the one who's gonna' to take on the old boys network." - Barack Obama

"If you think those lobbyists are working day and night for John McCain just to put themselves out of business, well then Iíve got a bridge to sell you up in Alaska." Barack Obama!!!

"One year from now, we have the chance to tell all those corporate lobbyists that the days of them setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more to take on lobbyists than any other candidate in this race - and Iíve won. I donít take a dime of their money, and when I am President, they wonít find a job in my White House." - Barack Obama, November 3, 2007

"I believe I can bring about that kind of change - because I'm the only candidate in this race who's actually worked to take power away from lobbyists by passing historic ethics reforms in Illinois and in the U.S. Senate. And I'm the only candidate who isn't taking a dime from Washington lobbyists. They have not funded my campaign, they will not run my administration, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I'm President of the United States." - Barack Obama, 4/2/08

"We will not take a dime from Washington lobbyists or special interest PACS - we're going to change how Washington works. They will not fund my party, they will not run our White House, and they will not drown out the voice of the American people when I am president of the United States of America." - Barack Obama 6/5/08

So far Mr. Obama hire 34 lobbyist for white house team!!!

Lobbyist for trial lawyers association!!!

Lobbyist for Fannie Mae!!!

Lobbyist for drug companies!!!

Now have job for Mr. Obama!!!

#932478 --- 12/06/08 09:38 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: Al Kida]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Wow! He's a politician!? You don't say!

We can always count on you for pointing out the obvious, AK! Thanks!

And as long as you're quoting me:

And let's not pretend that if were John McCain gearing up for transition right now we wouldn't see the exact same thing - the reality of campaign promises in the light of implementation.

Edited by past tense (12/06/08 09:44 PM)

#932481 --- 12/06/08 09:49 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: past tense]
Al Kida Offline

Wow! He's a politician!? You don't say!

No!!!

He is so much more!!!

"a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany ... and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama" - Barack Obama January 7, 2008

And let's not pretend that if were John McCain gearing up for transition right now we wouldn't see the exact same thing

If it was Mr. McCain you would be hear about it from every news station not just from illierate Arab terrorist!!!

#932484 --- 12/06/08 09:55 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: Al Kida]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Easy, Captain Obvious! Don't pull anything!

I hear all about Obama's cabinet picks on every news station...every day.

#932485 --- 12/06/08 09:58 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: past tense]
Al Kida Offline

Easy, Captain Obvious! Don't pull anything!

I hear all about Obama's cabinet picks on every news station...every day.

Did they happen mention 34 lobbyists???

#932486 --- 12/06/08 10:00 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: Al Kida]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Yeah! Everytime they report the appointee's former job.

Duh.

#932488 --- 12/06/08 10:08 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: past tense]
Al Kida Offline

Duh.

"Lowering level of debate and butchering english language on FL1 since 3/5/03"!!!

#932491 --- 12/06/08 10:12 PM Re: Obama backs off windfall profit tax for big oil [Re: Al Kida]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Aw. It's ok! Sometimes it's hard to think up your own material. We understand! It's hard being a fake terrorist.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3