FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#920409 --- 11/18/08 06:09 AM No one would help this little boy.
Gold Member

This little boy was abused until he finally died, and no one stepped up to save him.

Read about it here------>Baby P's story

FingerLakes1.com
#920416 --- 11/18/08 06:38 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: ]
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
That poor little baby. Stories like his make me see red!

#920549 --- 11/18/08 09:47 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: Strawberry Jam]
LaughinWillow Offline

Loc: State of Emergency
How horrible. What stood out to me in the story was the fact that the social workers for this boy were reportedly carrying something like twice the permitted caseload. Even though that was England, I saw that happen all the time when I was a child therapist and a supervisor in therapeutic foster care. People who were supposed to have 12 kids on a caseload with 25, 30, 35 kids - and none of them were getting the care they really needed. And impossible to get state funding for anything the child needed that was outside the realm of "absolute necessity" - in one case, I begged the state over and over to pay for special counseling for a 5-year-old girl who had been raped by her parents from birth, and who was constantly trying to molest other children and even animals - every agency I spoke to refused. The way children are treated in our societies is absolutely pathetic - and so is the amount that caseworkers are paid to "protect" our children. You've got a bunch of underpaid, overworked, barely trained people doing a job like keeping children from being harmed? I was once offered $9 an hour to take a job running an entire shelter for battered women and children - a position that required a master's degree. It was the exact job I wanted and was trained for, but I just couldn't support my daughter on that, and the women who ran the shelter couldn't get more funding for the position. Who knows who ended up in charge of that place - someone who probably had substandard credentials or experience but would take the pitiful wage offered.

Ah well, I could go on and on about this subject - it's infuriating. I understand that this society is all about money, but god, you'd think they could make a tiny exception for these babies.

#920557 --- 11/18/08 09:53 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: LaughinWillow]
wildman69 Offline

Loc: Cheney's Basement
As much as I hate Gov't interference Stories like this make me want a test to be a parent.

#920562 --- 11/18/08 09:57 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: wildman69]
Coach64 Offline

Loc: Houghton, MI
5 years of working in an Elementary School made me a firm believer in the need for Parent tests. One of the most frustrating things is truly not being able to do anything in situations accept following the rules (hotlining)

#920563 --- 11/18/08 09:59 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: wildman69]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Originally Posted By: wildman69
As much as I hate Gov't interference Stories like this make me want a test to be a parent.

Manditory tests, education, and support group might not be a bad idea for people who want to be parents...

#920565 --- 11/18/08 10:01 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Gold Member

Overloaded SW or not, no one bothered to follow up on abuse that was obvious.

It wasn't the failure of just ONE agency, but several, including the hospital.

Edited by Festus! (11/18/08 10:02 AM)

#920566 --- 11/18/08 10:01 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Tabbytails Offline

Loc: Here Abouts.
This is so incredibly sad. That poor little hon.

#920894 --- 11/18/08 05:48 PM Re: No one would help this little boy. *DELETED* [Re: ]
Al Kida Offline

Post deleted by FL1 Mod 2

#921175 --- 11/19/08 05:48 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. *DELETED* [Re: Al Kida]
Gold Member

Post deleted by FL1 Mod 2

#921284 --- 11/19/08 09:04 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: ]
Senecamom Offline

Loc: On a journey......
That story is so incredibly sad and unfortunately not the only innocent baby lost in a sick world....

Mandatory sentencing and no plea bargaining.

#921298 --- 11/19/08 09:36 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: Senecamom]
queenbee Offline

Loc: soul quest
Unfortunately this goes on everyday somewhere. I know of a situation now that scares me too death but judge orders win over common sense. 2- level 3 SO's and the victim was the 20 yr old mother of new baby , Psych says mother too unstable to work , too unstable to take SO classes but judge let's her have her 4mo. old daughter a week at a time and allows visitation with the 2 SO's bcuzz one is grandma and other is her livein BF.What can u do when judge says u will go to jail and mother will get full custody??I'm so sick to my stomach over this.

#921301 --- 11/19/08 09:41 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: queenbee]
Cinnamon Offline

Loc: Central NY
Originally Posted By: queenbee
Unfortunately this goes on everyday somewhere. I know of a situation now that scares me too death but judge orders win over common sense. 2- level 3 SO's and the victim was the 20 yr old mother of new baby , Psych says mother too unstable to work , too unstable to take SO classes but judge let's her have her 4mo. old daughter a week at a time and allows visitation with the 2 SO's bcuzz one is grandma and other is her livein BF.What can u do when judge says u will go to jail and mother will get full custody??I'm so sick to my stomach over this.

Get a kid friendly judge to issue an emergency custody order and take the child away.

#921314 --- 11/19/08 09:58 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: Cinnamon]
queenbee Offline

She took the baby to Elmira and filed the paperwork there so that is where it is for now baby born in GGH lived in SC for almost 3 months and mother took her. Believe me father has lawyer and is doing everything by the book. This baby is fresh meat to this family mother and husband sexually molested 2 of their daughters both under 10 all kids taken away ,put in foster care 20 yr old becomes pregnant decides after 10 yrs she needs a relationship with mommy dearest and the new SO boyfriend she met while serving her jail sentence. Judge says they paid for their crime and are off parole and unsupervised at this time they can come and go where they plz.This is why SO's flock to Elmira they treat them well there, these 2)grandma and BF) live 2blocks from 2 schools. We did not see the problems with the baby's mom till she had the baby (the baby is my precious grandaughter) she is unstable but judge says give her the baby or u go to jail and I give her the baby (full custody) mother now lives with crackhead BF and judge says it's ok. What is wrong with him? Anything happens to "peanut" judge will face charges but it will take something happening to her b4 judge does anything. Why do they always "let" this stuff happen instead of taking preventative measures, makes me sick. Letting sick ppl keep kids when u know the outcome.

#921321 --- 11/19/08 10:26 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: queenbee]
Senecamom Offline

I am so distraught over your situation, I am so sorry. I will add the baby and you to the top of my prayer list. I do not understand how the justice dept in the country can allow a SO to be anywhere near an innocent child under any circumstances. My stomache flipped over while reading your post. I am sorry. Its situations like this that make one think about taking matters into their own hands.....

#921323 --- 11/19/08 10:37 AM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: queenbee]
LaughinWillow Offline

I was once living in a housing cooperative, and there was a mom there who was completely neglecting her children. She had a 2 year with with mental retardation due to fetal alcohol syndrome, and was forcing her 11 year old daughter to stay home from school (she was reporting that she was "homeschooling") to take care of the baby so she could do cocaine and party constantly. The baby had open sores on her feet because she never wore shoes, no matter the weather. The older daughter had no idea how to take care of her, and fed her donuts and other junk that her mom left around. On top of all of this, the kids were living in total filth - this woman never cleaned their rooms, and there was old food, filthy clothes, liquor bottles everywhere. It was such a terrible, pathetic situation. When I moved into this house (there were about 30 people living there), I couldn't believe no one was doing anything about this situation. I tried to talk to the mom about getting help, but when she basically told me to go #@$# myself, I called CPS to report her. She even had a case open already. But they did nothing. They even told me they wouldn't do anything unless I saw mom hitting the kids or something else physical. Because the kids had *something* to eat and *somewhere* to live and they apparently saw nothing wrong with an 11 year old child defraying education to "raise" (if that's what you want to call it) a child with mental retardation.

I'm telling you - this country is insanely dysfunctional when it comes to children. You've got judges taking kids out of homes for stupid stuff like their mom taking pictures of them in the bath, while children in true danger need to be seriously injured, killed, or raped repeatedly before anyone will do anything. It is absolutely mind-boggling. And frightening.

For anyone who feels really concerned about this issue, you can check http://www.familywatchdog.us to find the predators in your community - at least you'll stand a better chance of keeping your own kids away from these people.

#921446 --- 11/19/08 03:03 PM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: LaughinWillow]
HarleyBobT Offline

Loc: Walloon Freedom Fighter

Story's like this make me sick to read, I can never understand how or why someone could or would ever hurt a child.

#923619 --- 11/23/08 05:42 PM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: Senecamom]
queenbee Offline

Originally Posted By: senecamom
I am so distraught over your situation, I am so sorry. I will add the baby and you to the top of my prayer list. I do not understand how the justice dept in the country can allow a SO to be anywhere near an innocent child under any circumstances. My stomache flipped over while reading your post. I am sorry. Its situations like this that make one think about taking matters into their own hands.....

Thanx for ur concern SM my son got some restraining orders filed on the family and BF last week and his lawyer was in court with him says now "the gloves are off" they tried to make my son pay for this girl being on welfare 1,100 per month(her,mother,brother,and2 sisters are on welfare also) It's a career for this family. They said since 9-6-08 they have given her 20,000 dollars, can u believe that? Let's all move to Elmira we could all be rich living on welfare there how do you justify 20,000 for 2 1/2 months? That's almost 10 grand per month yea right. Peanut comes home tomorrow for a week I have her Mon.-Fri. so I check her over pretty good.

#923625 --- 11/23/08 05:55 PM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: queenbee]
Senecamom Offline

Let's hope this lawyer is rare and will really do the right thing!!! I have prayed for the baby, "Peanut".... I hope you have an opportunity to love the baby and protect her....maybe the mom will loose interest and focus on hre crackhead BF and they both rot in jail, and peanut is safe from a life of hell....Keep doing the right thing no matter what it takes. Good luck, keep us posted.

#923671 --- 11/23/08 07:42 PM Re: No one would help this little boy. [Re: Senecamom]
LaughinWillow Offline

Are they counting medical or other stuff, or just cash welfare? That sounds insane. I live in PA, and a single mom with 1 child gets around $400 a month. Of course, if you add in medical, food stamps, housing assistance, etc, it could add up, but I would definitely ask for a breakdown of the amounts otherwise. Doesn't sound right at all to me, as someone who's worked in the system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >