FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#91386 --- 01/01/05 09:13 AM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Anonymous
Unregistered

You know we'll always be here for ya, Thena. Anytime you want to talk, public or private. It may take a while to get back to ya, but someone always will. Did you ever get that therapist straightened out?

FingerLakes1.com
#91387 --- 01/01/05 12:06 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Herkimer County NY
I care about all of you. this is not meant to make light of anyone's plight, just to add a little laugh in here for the day. Please do not mistake this for anything more than to make you smile.

#91388 --- 01/01/05 01:31 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Where's the love Offline

Loc: Tahiti - I can dream...
In that case - I can look forward to menopause...
lunch with a friend and Chocolate...

#91389 --- 01/01/05 02:04 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Bam Offline

Loc: somewhere
ok i will let you all know that when my richie vented on how he felt about beerwomans comment he was banned for lashin out. well in alll i feel he had every right to lash out at her for her assumptions. just because you are there at the bar does not mean you are intoxicated beerwoman. there is a few good people there that look out for the ones that want to party hardy. and these 2 men where the ones that where out there to protect them. fl1 i know i' have done worse on some threads and you have been understanding. be understanding on this please. he lost 2 co-workers in one night. he(richie br1) respected one that lost his life due to this traggic accident. dont punish him for lashin out at a few for being inconsiderate to his loss. thease men that lost their lives over someone that was highly intoxicated was everyones loss that knew thease men. they will be lost but NOT ever forgotten. god bless you avery and andy.

#91390 --- 01/01/05 03:14 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
E. Mousie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: in my suite in the bookcase!
Look, folks it's a rare occurence to have the
loss of two friends by violent death in one night.
It's incredibly stessful, and unbelievably painful.
For my part I can find it to forgive Richie.
Can't we all be merciful and bear in mind
this was something emotionally I don't think
he was prepared to face.
None of who have lost friends,family are ever
really ready when it hits!
How can we expect Richie to be able to absorb
a shock like that so terribly unexpected.
Just my opinion, and folks if ya wanna yell
at me, flame me or otherwise, go ahead.
But for my part, I choose mercy.

#91391 --- 01/01/05 03:16 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Thena Offline

Loc: The places of my mind
thanks guys - and no - i didnt get the therapist crap straight yet... no time with all the holiday crap going on

today went on a shopping trip with my hubby the kids and hubby's aunt (who paid for it all)... i cant get over the nice new coat i got - and shoes for work - and the kids and hubby got lots - really cant think of how to let her know how greatful and thankful i/we are for that

as far as pregnancy and miscarriage - i have 2 lovelt daughters that i love.... i know that if God wants me ot have another child (and hopefully a son) it will happen in time - our first daughter came sooner then we wanted 9in more ways then one - not only did i get pregnant fast - she was 6 weeks preemie) and our 2nd took 2 years on and off of trying to get pregnant before it happened - so i know i cant make anything happen...

#91392 --- 01/01/05 03:35 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:

ok i will let you all know that when my richie vented on how he felt about beerwomans comment he was banned for lashin out. well in alll i feel he had every right to lash out at her for her assumptions. just because you are there at the bar does not mean you are intoxicated beerwoman. there is a few good people there that look out for the ones that want to party hardy. and these 2 men where the ones that where out there to protect them. fl1 i know i' have done worse on some threads and you have been understanding. be understanding on this please. he lost 2 co-workers in one night. he(richie br1) respected one that lost his life due to this traggic accident. dont punish him for lashin out at a few for being inconsiderate to his loss. thease men that lost their lives over someone that was highly intoxicated was everyones loss that knew thease men. they will be lost but NOT ever forgotten. god bless you avery and andy.

How sad he was banned for a moment of grief that he spoke thru. i did not find his post all that offensive for someone who was experiencing grief and felt the need to defnd their honor. He was caught up in a very emotional moment. We have all had those moments whether on here or off. I am sorry, Bam. I hope FL1 would reconsider. I never saw Richie post all that much, but never did I see him start a flame or otherwise. this one instance got him banned?

#91393 --- 01/01/05 03:47 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
E. Mousie Offline
Gold Member

so it seems...sigh.

#91394 --- 01/01/05 04:36 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is the first I've heard of him getting banned, Bam. I'm sorry. Although his was not what I'm used to seeing here, this is the place to come and express grief and depression. His was stronger than most, granted, but IF I had a say, I'd say a warning, maybe.
But I can't even get those naked boobs off the back pourch, and it was a while ago that I requested it. Shows ya how much pull I got.

#91395 --- 01/01/05 04:39 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
KAT Offline

Loc: Front window in the sun
okay ive bit my tongue long enough. You all know me, know who I am so its no shock when I tell you this same crap happened a year ago. If you dont want someone stumbling on something on the forum then STOP responding to it. Stop chewing people up when something horrible happens for one thing, but if someone does make a comment for crimineys sake dont keep it going. I dont know how everyone else feels about this, frankly I dont care about anyone else at this moment...damn it think when its someones life or reputation and they have passed. Who to heck are we to judge that person at that exact time, I think God can do that in Heaven without our help. This isnt aimed at anyone so please dont take it as such just trying to remind everyone to think at times like this....and stop responding to it when they dont.

#91396 --- 01/02/05 09:06 AM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
sweetglory Offline

Loc: my own little world
I have to agree with you all.This did seem to get out of hand...personally I did not see where richie was all that bad.have seen far worse on here.hope he can get on soon Bam.

#91397 --- 01/02/05 10:25 AM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:

no - i idnt need to work at it - i didnt realize that there was problems.

as far as being up - i hear that. Example - friends of me and my huby's just found out that they are pregnant... i havent even said congratulations to her cause i'm so upset and jealous *sigh* all i keep thinking is that "that should be me"

anyways - happy new years all!

Thena, even though it was not me that lost the baby, I still get jealous hearing others that are expecting grandchildren. I see little girls outfits at the store, and think if I would have been buying those for a grand daughter this time.(We didnt know the sex when she miscarried). I just want you to know, you are not alone in these feelings. I have to admit, I am even sometimes jealous when MY friends are having babies and I am already on grandchildren. I wish I was young again...still young nough to...but the mind might want it...the body is saying "to heck with it!". I know if I really wanted to have another one myself, my back could not handle the weight from it. On top of that I am encroaching on "empty nest syndrome" with two out of three children now living on their own.
I say do NOT give up hope, Thena. It is ok to feel that envy, too. Just do not let it eat away at you. You kow deep down inside you are happy for your friends. I know if they knew of your miscarriage, it must have been hard to let you and your hubby know if their news. I wish you the best, Thena. God bless you.

#91398 --- 01/02/05 10:33 AM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Quote:

okay ive bit my tongue long enough. You all know me, know who I am so its no shock when I tell you this same crap happened a year ago. If you dont want someone stumbling on something on the forum then STOP responding to it. Stop chewing people up when something horrible happens for one thing, but if someone does make a comment for crimineys sake dont keep it going. I dont know how everyone else feels about this, frankly I dont care about anyone else at this moment...damn it think when its someones life or reputation and they have passed. Who to heck are we to judge that person at that exact time, I think God can do that in Heaven without our help. This isnt aimed at anyone so please dont take it as such just trying to remind everyone to think at times like this....and stop responding to it when they dont.

Yes, we know who you are Kat. I do not want to say anything more on that. But reread your post, and maybe apply to yourself a few months ago. Someone else was here and being made to look like a fool. Opinions are opinions, people, we all have shared them on here. But when it comes to hurting someone close to you and hiding from it, that is just as wrong. I do not want to start anything here. Just an observation. Kat, I am sure we know what you and I both mean here. Sometimes we let the forum life effect our "real life"...and other times we let the real world effect our forum life. To me they are two separate things/places..whatever. But when the forums stops being fun, and starts hurting some, may be it is/was just a time for a needed break.
That flame died a few months back, not trying to rekindle it. But I kept coming back to your post Kat...and it does bother me. Someone was made to look like they were lying in here months ago...and they were not. Life goes on...yes, we should let it go.

#91399 --- 01/02/05 11:12 AM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Strawberry Jam Offline
Diamond Member

Sorry...just had to vent that. This is the place to let go of all that bothers you...i will do my best to folow my own advice...let it go.

#91400 --- 01/02/05 11:27 AM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
E. Mousie Offline
Gold Member

yep..well...lets all remember it is also the Depression and support thread..we might wanna underline the word support. But, yes, I understand that it's just a vent the same way that Richie let loose.

#91401 --- 01/02/05 01:33 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
KAT Offline

SBJ sometimes things happen I agree. Sometimes things happen in the wrong way but for a good reason. Its really hard to know a situation when you only know 1/2 of any given story. I mislead for a very good reason. It might not be one you agree with or support and im sorry for that...but is one you dont know. You never asked. All I was trying to do in my above statement was remind people of that very thing. We dont know all of any given story and we should be a little more tolerant until we do. I wasnt referring to any situation other than the one with my niece one year ago. If you thought I was referring to another I wasnt. I also discussed what happened last year with Richie in the pms where it really should have been. Mine are open.

#91402 --- 01/02/05 01:52 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, Kat and SBJ I was also involved in the situation that happened several months ago. For the same of this thread, of which I am very protective, I ask, please let us stick to the subject of mourning Stacey. IF there is a problem over what happened several months ago, we can talk about it elsewhere, but I would rather we did not. I ask that we let it go. More than one person hurt that day. Perhaps we were all victims. I can't speak for anyone else (especially those who are not here) but please let it go. It cannot be changed.
I do my best talking in the pm's and I suggest you do the same.
This is not for forum discussion. That only makes the situation worse. This is definitely a matter for private discussion.

Let us think of Stacey, and not of ourselves. The other matter is for private discussion.

#91403 --- 01/02/05 01:54 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
KAT Offline

I agree Bratt, thats why i suggested that my pms are open. Thank you.

#91404 --- 01/02/05 02:15 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Thena Offline

Loc: The places of my mind
yes - they know... ans as my Aunt told me when i said something about it - she said "yes, but it's still a loss" - so i keep that in mind.

i nkow when the time is right - i have the ability to still concieve - thank god. It is those who can't or were never able to break my heart.

#91405 --- 01/03/05 09:25 PM Re: DEPRESSION & SUPPORT THREAD 3
Anonymous
Unregistered

Of course it's a loss, and you have every right to grieve. Even thought you never held the baby in your arms, you held it inside you.

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 >