FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#911576 --- 11/04/08 09:27 AM GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER
paramedic268 Offline

Loc: Phelps NY
My wife and I have been watching television in the evening and we have both become sick of the political ads. Thank God the ads stop today, and now we have to deal with the scum that get elected to office. God Bless the USA

FingerLakes1.com
#911616 --- 11/04/08 10:45 AM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: paramedic268]
Genevan Offline

Loc: Geneva
Some might not feel that their party is scum. Is it the election process you disdain or all politicians in general?

#911657 --- 11/04/08 12:18 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: paramedic268]
countrygirl Offline

Loc: upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: paramedic268
My wife and I have been watching television in the evening and we have both become sick of the political ads. Thank God the ads stop today, and now we have to deal with the scum that get elected to office. God Bless the USA

I agree with you. I am tired of it all too. Who wants to see that crap on tv 24 7 and who wants to get the flippen phone call ads either all the time.

* Everyday brings us one new blessing *

#911671 --- 11/04/08 12:44 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: countrygirl]
Qwill Pen Offline

Loc: New York
While I may disdain certain politicians and many things politicans do, I must say that I am glad I live in a country, despite its flaws, that allows me to vote or to run for office.

I thank my Father, My Uncles, My Husband and all the soldiers who have fought and sacrificed to make sure this freedom was available to us.

I hope that you, Paramedic268, are at least grateful to those who sacrificed to allow us the freedom to turn off the TV or hang up the phone if the ads annoy us. I'm assuming you are so young that you can't remember that we might have been flying a swastika and saying "Heil Hitler" had it not been for heroes who preserved our freedoms.

#911673 --- 11/04/08 12:48 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: Qwill Pen]
die_Flitzerkacke Offline

I am going to miss the ad that made Alice Kryzan look like the grinch... I laughed every time. The only thing they could have done to make her look meaner would have been to photo shop her kicking a puppy...

#911686 --- 11/04/08 01:40 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: die_Flitzerkacke]
Judy Offline

Oh, heck, I thought the goose-stepping soldiers were chilling, with that bland face overlaying them, looking like a young nazi. That had to be the dirtiest campaign from both sides.

#911692 --- 11/04/08 01:46 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: Qwill Pen]
countrygirl Offline

Loc: upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: caseyseneca
While I may disdain certain politicians and many things politicans do, I must say that I am glad I live in a country, despite its flaws, that allows me to vote or to run for office.

I thank my Father, My Uncles, My Husband and all the soldiers who have fought and sacrificed to make sure this freedom was available to us.

I hope that you, Paramedic268, are at least grateful to those who sacrificed to allow us the freedom to turn off the TV or hang up the phone if the ads annoy us. I'm assuming you are so young that you can't remember that we might have been flying a swastika and saying "Heil Hitler" had it not been for heroes who preserved our freedoms.

Nothing against you just so you know i'm not point this post at you...
BUT i don't care if we can vote I'm sick and tired of all this politic stuff being shoved down my throat for the last 2 years, tv, phone, internet, in the mail, forget it. i'm glad its over

* Everyday brings us one new blessing *

#911700 --- 11/04/08 01:52 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: paramedic268]
Sovereign King Offline

Loc: Auditioning on Broadway
and now we have to deal with the scum that get elected to office.

Great attitude! So did you vote for scum today? Or did you vote today to keep scum out of office? If you voted to keep the scum out of office, glad to see you are hopeful your vote will count. ;\)

#911704 --- 11/04/08 01:55 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: countrygirl]
Sovereign King Offline

Originally Posted By: countrygirl
Nothing against you just so you know i'm not point this post at you...
BUT i don't care if we can vote I'm sick and tired of all this politic stuff being shoved down my throat for the last 2 years, tv, phone, internet, in the mail, forget it. i'm glad its over

Also a great attitude!!! Our founding fathers risked their rears in a way no other hero's have to give you this right... ...and your sick of it... uck... MOVE!!!

Edited by Sovereign King (11/04/08 04:01 PM)

#911788 --- 11/04/08 03:56 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: Qwill Pen]
Redbutch Offline

Originally Posted By: caseyseneca

Too bad the US Military mail system sucks so bad that most of the people fighting to maintain our freedom to vote can't vote themselves. CNN was reporting today that a lot of soldiers hadn't even received their absentee ballots yet. Shame...

#911834 --- 11/04/08 05:31 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: Redbutch]
Sweetcakes Offline

Loc: Southeast of Disorder
Over? Yeah right..Now we have to listen the nitpicking (tv coverage) probably for a few weeks..Maybe by Christmas we can have some peace!

Edited by Sweetcakes (11/04/08 05:32 PM)

#911836 --- 11/04/08 05:33 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: Sweetcakes]
threesons Offline

Loc: Hysteria Lane
No, because then we'll have to hear about the inaugeration. Decorations, how much everything costs, who's the entertainment, who got invited, what everyone's wearing, blah, blah, blah

When you look at your investments and wet your pants.

#911837 --- 11/04/08 05:35 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: Sweetcakes]
paramedic268 Offline

Neither of the canidates can do what they promise, they have spent 100's of millions of dollars to get our vote.

Yes I did vote, and I am grateful for that right. Oh by the way I did serve 9 years USAF.

There is not one politician running today that gives a damn about the middle class citizen. Thank God it is over for another 3 years

#912371 --- 11/05/08 10:25 AM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: paramedic268]
sky's the limit Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY
If the campaigning starts as early as it did this election, it will only be about 27 months, before the next "primary feelers" start coming out in force. (obama announced he was running 21 months ago)

#912951 --- 11/06/08 06:39 AM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: sky's the limit]
woodsman Offline

Loc: Ovid/Ithaca
here's a simple solution to those who are sick of it:

change the channel or, better yet- TURN OFF THE TV AND DO SOMETHING ELSE-

works every time...

#913424 --- 11/06/08 05:51 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: paramedic268]
Mr. Black Offline

Loc: Canandaigua NY

As Barack Obama noted, he will be your president, too.

-Jesse Jackson

#913560 --- 11/06/08 08:55 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: Mr. Black]
paramedic268 Offline

Yes he will, and God help us all... \:\(

#913573 --- 11/06/08 09:04 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: paramedic268]
Sovereign King Offline

Care to elaborate on your opinion on that instead of just sharing 1 negative sentence?

#913580 --- 11/06/08 09:11 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: Sovereign King]
paramedic268 Offline

I personally do not believe Obama is the right choice for president. I do not agree with his economics, I am worried that the troops overseas are going to get hurt, and in typical style, he will ensure the social programs are funded to the maximum. JMHO...p.s. I really did not agree with Mccaine all the way either, we are really in trouble and there is no one that is a politician able to help us out right now...It will be a long four years

#913586 --- 11/06/08 09:17 PM Re: GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER [Re: paramedic268]
Sovereign King Offline

You are not the first the first I have talked to who does not like his economic plan... I don't understand.... Do you make over $250,000 per year? Are you planning to in the next 4 years? If not what is the problem? You will be taxed less? "social services" who cares... Unless it is just pig headed thinking thinking, if I work so should they, why do you care? You are going to be taxed less under Obama's plan, so why do you care if if more money goes to social services? God forbid you loose your job, Don't you feel comfortable knowing if that happens you can collect social services so you don't loose everything? It's not like decent jobs grow on trees in Upstate NY... Not saying I agree with everything in the economic plan, but I feel it is better for the average working American...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >