FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#910527 --- 11/03/08 07:09 AM Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE
Genevan Offline

Loc: Geneva
If your tired of the party that brought you this, then vote on Tuesday (don't listen to someone who says to vote on another day).

Weapons of mass destruction
Trillions in new debt
Katrina
Weakened dollar
Water boarding
Abu ghraib
Kyoto refusal
Stop loss gap
Wiretapping
Children left behind
Yellow cake
Plame
Chalabi
Enron
Mortgage crisis
Recession
New OSHA moratorium
Repeals ergonomic standard
limits on endangered species
Rejection of international treaty on biological weapons
Attempt to privatize social security
Failure to capture bin laden
Mountain top removal mining
Walter reed
Axis of evil
Mission accomplished
Lawsuit immunity for Pharmaceuticals
Donal Rumsfeld

FingerLakes1.com
#910600 --- 11/03/08 09:12 AM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: Genevan]
Sovereign King Offline

Loc: Auditioning on Broadway
Originally Posted By: Genevan
(don't listen to someone who says to vote on another day).

Why would anyone think election day is on another day? ...and more importantly if someone told you it was another day, why would you believe it?

#910619 --- 11/03/08 09:28 AM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: Sovereign King]
Genevan Offline

#910636 --- 11/03/08 09:52 AM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: Genevan]
Geneva2008 Offline

Loc: Finger Lakes, NY
you should run, you have all the answers.....

#910872 --- 11/03/08 01:29 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: Genevan]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
You forgot a name on this list.

If your tired of the party that brought you this, then vote on Tuesday (don't listen to someone who says to vote on another day).

Weapons of mass destruction
Trillions in new debt
Katrina
Weakened dollar
Water boarding
Abu ghraib
Kyoto refusal
Stop loss gap
Wiretapping
Children left behind
Yellow cake
Plame
Chalabi
Enron
Mortgage crisis
Recession
New OSHA moratorium
Repeals ergonomic standard
limits on endangered species
Rejection of international treaty on biological weapons
Attempt to privatize social security
Failure to capture bin laden
Mountain top removal mining
Walter reed
Axis of evil
Mission accomplished
Lawsuit immunity for Pharmaceuticals
Donal Rumsfeld
and SARAH Palin

#910873 --- 11/03/08 01:30 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: Genevan]
Sovereign King Offline

Huh, interesting... Well I've never defended the GOP before, but it seems more like someone or a group at that school posting the signs, NOT the GOP! ;\)

Plus that was in VA, what makes you think because someone posts flyers like that on a campus in Virginia, that people in Geneva are being told (or believe) they can vote on the 5th???

#910979 --- 11/03/08 03:29 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: Genevan]
NWofNYC Offline

Loc: 42.865245, -76.977403

So are you numbnutz.

This credit/mortgage "crisis" was initiated and encouraged by the bleeding-heart liberals back in the 90s.

Read up...

#911008 --- 11/03/08 04:03 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: NWofNYC]
woodsman Offline

Loc: Ovid/Ithaca
it wasn't exactly a federal program, NWofNYC, so you're blaming Clinton for suggesting it? they didn't have to go along with his suggestion- put the blame where it's deserved- with the lenders. i wouldn't say that financial institutions exactly qualify as "bleeding-heart liberals", who you?

take a deep breath, calm yourself, and let's cool it with the childish name-calling, shall we? it says below your username that you're a Senior Member. shouldn't you know better?

#911019 --- 11/03/08 04:17 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: woodsman]
NWofNYC Offline

I do blame Clinton for encouraging it, along with all the rest of the "Hill" dwellers that jumped on it.

Encouragement can go a long way.

Blame the lenders. Sure I buy that. But...

How's about we blames those poor, helpless people that took out the loans too? Those that couldn't pay the rent, but Missa Clinton said we were going to get a house?

How's about this lady here...

Obama is going to be her saviour. She ain't gonna haf to worry about puttin' gas in her car, or payin' her mortgage.

Mine eyes have seen...

How's about a little personal responsibility in this country?

I guess that's too much to ask when you expect to feed off the government teet too.

#911025 --- 11/03/08 04:25 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: NWofNYC]
donedirtcheap Offline

Loc: boondocks
From what Ive heard on the TV last night there will be to many gunshots going off in the streets to be safe and besides everyone will be too drunk to drive or hiding in their welfare apratments from crack cocaine physcosis...and oh yes...theres only a small percentage that can Vote....felons dont have that right in NY.

#911037 --- 11/03/08 04:32 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: NWofNYC]
Jeff Peters Offline

Did you read the article in the paper on Sunday about the lenders? Once they found a way to pass the risk on (credit default) they did not need anyone to "force" them to make loans.They were actually firing people that wanted to slow the process down.

And the FBI had tried to get more agents to investigate the loan business since 2004, but the administration turned them down.

The problem was that the administration and the Fed were absolutely convinced that nothing bad would happen because the market would police its self. They were convinced to the point that any evidence to the contrary were ignored.

There are a lot of people at fault here.

#911042 --- 11/03/08 04:34 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: Jeff Peters]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I think the more important message is - no matter who you vote for, just vote.

#911050 --- 11/03/08 04:37 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: NWofNYC]
woodsman Offline

Loc: Ovid/Ithaca
first of all, crazy supporters of either side are a dime-a-dozen, and have saturated youtube with the full-spectrum of fanaticism- give me thirty seconds perusing the 'net and i'll find a McCain supporter saying the exact same thing at one of his rallies

but i think what she's trying to say (possibly foolishly) is that she is confident that the candidate she supports will improve the economy and make it easier for her to pay her bills- she clearly does not expect obama to pay her mortgage and fill her gas tank.

and believe me, there are plenty of people on BOTH sides of the argument who believe their candidate is the next coming of Clinton/Reagan/God...

and personal responsibility??? isn't that why we have 10 fingers to point blame and only one mouth to admit blame?

how does the speech go...

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what your country CAN'T do for you, and why it isn't doing it for you already"

#911052 --- 11/03/08 04:37 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: past tense]
NWofNYC Offline

Hear hear.

#911191 --- 11/03/08 05:42 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: NWofNYC]
jello_biafra Offline

Loc: geneva ny
where do i vote if i live on william st?

#911198 --- 11/03/08 05:46 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: jello_biafra]
Sovereign King Offline

Rick-the-Builder just shared this me in the Yates section, figure I'd pass it along... Just enter your address and it will tell you where to go...

http://www.vote411.org/pollingplace.php

#911206 --- 11/03/08 05:50 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: Sovereign King]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

1. Find and confirm your polling place
2. Bring multiple forms of identification!
3. Bring proof of address (utility bill)
4. Bring your cell phone and the number 1-866-OUR-VOTE so you can report any problems and get advice if you run into problems casting your ballot
5. If your state sent you an election book or pamphlet, read through it and see what ALL the candidates have to say - I found a Penfield/SUNY Brockport grad running for a local seat in my book!
6. VOTE VOTE VOTE

#911210 --- 11/03/08 05:53 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: past tense]
Akisma Woodchuck Offline

Loc: American Freedom Fighter
you must be democrat - you voted 3 times

#911211 --- 11/03/08 05:54 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: Akisma Woodchuck]
past tense Offline
Diamond Member

Or I voted for three candidates in three different races.

#911232 --- 11/03/08 06:35 PM Re: Geneva, election day is Tuesday. VOTE [Re: Genevan]
Rexx Offline

Loc: NY
This election is the most important one in a long time - we have the first black Presidential candidate in US history (Barack Obama), the first Catholic Vice Presidential candidate (Joe Biden), the oldest Presidential candidate in US history (John McCain), and the most attractive female Vice Presidential candidate ever (Sarah Palin). Whoever wins, history will be made.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >