FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#942960 --- 12/22/08 06:09 AM Re: The Buffalo Bills [Re: Jelloshot]
Scottie2Hottie Offline
Gold Member

Loc: aka Brightside
WOW now I have to root for the Bills next Sunday and hope the Jets Win and the Patriots lose so I can get a chance at the playoffs....but I am not holding my breath seeing how we can only score a filed goal against the 3-11 Seahawks Boy I am glad we have Brett Favre \:\/ I hope he retires AGAIN at the end of the season!!! But we will still be without Pennington \:\(
Yesterday stats
Chad Pennington 26-34 235 yards 3 TDs 1 Int

Brett Favre 18-31 NO td's 2 Int 4 sacks

Good to see Favre leads the league in something.....19 interceptions!!!!! God I hate FAVRE!!!!!!!!!

FingerLakes1.com
#942964 --- 12/22/08 06:11 AM Re: The Buffalo Bills [Re: Scottie2Hottie]
nymmamma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: at the game
I'll be at the game Sunday. I'll think of you all in your nice toasty living rooms while I'm freezing at the Ralph. We'll do our best to beat those Pats for ya, Scottie.

#945260 --- 12/26/08 04:26 PM Re: The Buffalo Bills [Re: nymmamma]
nymmamma Offline
Silver Member

2008 was a total letdown for these five teamsby Kevin Hench
Kevin Hench is a frequent contributor to FOXSports.com. An accomplished film and television writer, Hench's latest screenwriting credit is for The Hammer, which stars Adam Carolla and is now available on DVD.

Updated: December 26, 2008, 4:29 PM EST 224 comments add this RSS blog email Print It is being hailed as the Greatest Year in Sports History. 2008 gave us a Super Bowl for the ages, an OT NCAA hoops title game, an epic Nadal-Federer Wimbledon final, a Celtics-Lakers resurrection, Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt transcending human limitations, and Tiger Woods winning on one leg.

But not everybody thought the year was all that. NFL fans in Jacksonville, Green Bay, Cleveland, Buffalo and, of course, Detroit thought it outright sucked.
No other teams defied expectations quite like these. (Seattle's expectations were modified after losing its top six wide receivers to injury.)

For fans of the five most disappointing teams in the league, the Sundays of Our Lives were pure misery.

4. Buffalo Bills

When Tom Brady went down in the Patriots' season opener, the AFC East was suddenly wide open. The Bills stepped into the void, winning their first four games and five of their first six to stake a claim as the heir apparent.

The Stanford-Cal combination of Trent Edwards and Marshawn Lynch led an efficient offense and newly acquired DT Marcus Stroud was dominating on defense.

But the hot early start was quickly revealed as a mirage achieved against weak competition. (Those five wins came against teams that would have a combined .293 winning percentage heading into Week 17.) When the Bills finally started to play decent teams, they started losing. And just couldn't stop.

They lost to the Dolphins, Jets and Patriots (combined record 29-16) to fall to 5-4 and then lost to the woeful Browns at home to fall to .500. In those four losses Edwards threw just three touchdown passes while getting picked off eight times. Lynch reached rock bottom in the loss to Jets with 16 yards on nine carries.

A win over the lowly Chiefs was followed by three more losses, a fade that could only be halted by the Broncos' prodigious desire not to participate in the playoffs.

Last week's win in Denver was the Bills' first against a team with a winning record after dropping their first six such games. When you're 5-1 and sitting atop a division that features a team that lost its MVP quarterback, a team that went 4-12 in the previous season and a team that went 1-15 in '07, last place is probably the last place you expect to end up.

The '08 Bills' disappointing season was perfectly summed up by the library-like silence that engulfed them during their 16-3 "home" loss to the Dolphins in Toronto in Week 14.

Edited by nymmamma (12/26/08 04:27 PM)

#946033 --- 12/28/08 02:28 PM Re: The Buffalo Bills [Re: nymmamma]
roadguy Offline

Loc: here
BILLS=JOKE

#946092 --- 12/28/08 04:42 PM Re: The Buffalo Bills [Re: roadguy]
nymmamma Offline
Silver Member

Ha! Try sitting out in the wind watching that poor coaching/playing. I've never been to a game where they had delay of game to fix because the goalpost because of the wind!

#946322 --- 12/29/08 04:23 AM Re: The Buffalo Bills [Re: nymmamma]
Ranger Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: GOD's 1/2 acre
what an complete embarassment for the Bills, that game was yesterday, they had nothing to lose by playing the Pats yesterday, except the fact that pats have beaten them time and time again, they should have just forfited the game and saved the fans a lot of money and time.

#946333 --- 12/29/08 05:58 AM Re: The Buffalo Bills [Re: Ranger]
nymmamma Offline
Silver Member

Listening to the post game show on the way home, the coach blamed everything on the wind (which reportedly had gusts up to 75 mph). Funny...the Pats played in the same conditions and managed to score.

#946404 --- 12/29/08 08:43 AM Re: The Buffalo Bills [Re: nymmamma]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
The wind! ha! The coaching SUCKED! The pits were able to march down field into the wind and score, yet the bumbeling Bills march down the field at the end of the first half and w/ 22 seconds left can't even TRY a field goal! Then with 4+ minutes left in the third - going w/ the wind the dont even try to pass.. Jauron needs to be FIRED, and sorry but unless you have a broken collarbone, a "sore" shoulder just doesnt cut it w/ Ms. Marshawn Lynch sitting out and the worthless Jason Peters also needs to be cut... yesterdays game was the PERFECT example of how much we sucked. Glad it's over.
Congrats to the Fish, glad it wasnt the Pits who won the division.

#946624 --- 12/29/08 05:19 PM Re: The Buffalo Bills [Re: Jelloshot]
nymmamma Offline
Silver Member

The wind! ha! The coaching SUCKED!

I agree, totally.

#947012 --- 12/30/08 10:33 AM Jauron w/ The Buffalo Bills?? [Re: nymmamma]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Report: Jauron Decision Due Wednesday

Last Update: 12/29 7:43 pm

Dick Jauronís future with the Buffalo Bills will be known on Wednesday, according to a report published Monday evening in the Buffalo News.

Ralph Wilson told a reporter that he is in the process of meeting with his staff in Detroit and will continue to do so until Wednesday. Present at those meetings, Bills chief operation officer Russ Brandon, vice president of college scouting Tom Modrak, and Bills treasurer Jeff Littmann. According to the report, Wilson plans to meet on Tuesday, and then again on Wednesday before making his decision.

In three years with the Bills, Jauronís teams have finished 7-9 each season, failing to make the playoffs in all three. Buffalo began the 2008 campaign 5-1 before losing ten of their 12 final games, including a 13-0 loss to New England in Sundayís regular season finale.

#947171 --- 12/30/08 05:25 PM Re: Jauron w/ The Buffalo Bills?? [Re: Jelloshot]
nymmamma Offline
Silver Member

Oh pwease, pwetty pwease...FIRE HIM!

#947179 --- 12/30/08 05:32 PM Re: Jauron w/ The Buffalo Bills?? [Re: nymmamma]
nymmamma Offline
Silver Member

#947182 --- 12/30/08 05:36 PM Re: Jauron w/ The Buffalo Bills?? [Re: nymmamma]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

\:\( \:\(

#947187 --- 12/30/08 05:45 PM Re: Jauron w/ The Buffalo Bills?? [Re: Jelloshot]
nymmamma Offline
Silver Member

Denver gets rid of Shanahan, and we're still stuck w/Jauron?
Unbelievable!!!!!!

#947240 --- 12/30/08 07:33 PM Re: Jauron w/ The Buffalo Bills?? [Re: nymmamma]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

So we could be talking to Shanahan, and Cowher but Noooo we get one more year of a 7-9 threepeat, I'm wondering if senility is kicking in with Mr. Wilson.

#947298 --- 12/30/08 08:18 PM Re: Jauron w/ The Buffalo Bills?? [Re: Jelloshot]
nymmamma Offline
Silver Member

I guess the Jets are gonna talk to Cowher. Shanahan would have been a perfect fit for the Bills. Apparently, Ralph doesn't care about the 12th man. Well, Ralph just lost 6 season ticket holders here, and I'm guessing many, many more.

#948200 --- 01/01/09 09:13 AM Re: Jauron w/ The Buffalo Bills?? [Re: nymmamma]
nymmamma Offline
Silver Member

Excellent commentary:

Ralph Wilson Must Like P.T. Barnum
Contributor: Mike Catalana
Email: mcatalana@13wham.com
Last Update: 12/31/2008 5:07 pm

Related Video | Print Story | Email Story

Bills Owner Ralph Wilson, Jr. I have never been to Ralph Wilsonís home. But I am going to guess that somewhere in his home there is a picture of P.T. Barnum. The Bills owner must be a fan of the man who ran the circus. He must be a fan of the man who once famously said ďThere is a sucker born every minuteĒ because the Bills owner believes thatís what you are to him. He looks at you like a bunch of sheep, ready to line up and buy at the slightest hint of excitement. Bringing back Dick Jauron to coach the Bills in 2009 is the height of arrogance from the owner of the franchise. But I think this is the time he pays for that arrogance.
I am not going to sit here and tell you that the Bills could not win with Dick Jauron as their coach next season. But the facts donít lie. The safest bet in sports is that a Dick Jauron team will finish the season with a 7-9 record. Heís done it 4 straight years. Take out the one spectacular year with the Bears (13-3 and a playoff loss) and his career head coaching record is 44-73.

Jauron is a bright man who once played in the NFL and sticks up for his players. That is why he is able to gain his players respect and that is why they continue to stick up for him. They like him because he is good to them and they do not have to fear for their jobs. That is why his teams do not win. Nice goes donít always finish last. It seems they finish 7-9. This team and this franchise needs a change of attitude. A little dash of anger and passion might not hurt. That isnít going to happen with this current coach and his current staff and his current players.

But the owner will sit in his Detroit home and wait. Heíll have his guys parade a bunch of free agents through Orchard Park and tell you that he is ready to spend. They will even pull the trigger on a player or two and tell you that the pieces are coming together. They will put together some clever commercials telling you what youíll be missing if you donít buy Bills season tickets and buy them fast. He does not hope that you will line up to buy what he is selling. He expects it.

This time I think he has gone too far. If Dick Jauron did not already have a contract extension in his pocket, there is no way he would be coming back. But he did have a deal. That means keeping Jauron is only about money. But this time it will end up costing Ralph Wilson money. He has left his own people with nothing to sell. Good luck getting sponsors and corporations to line up and buy this product for next season. Good luck trying to put together those season ticket packages that include 2 pre season games but one less regular season game (off to Toronto again) Good luck finding the suckers to fall for this bad act one more time.

#949233 --- 01/03/09 02:35 PM Re: Jauron w/ The Buffalo Bills?? [Re: nymmamma]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Bills Safety Simpson Arrested in South Carolina

Last Update: 1/02 6:37 pm

Print Story | Email Story

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP)óBuffalo Bills safety Ko Simpson was arrested outside a bar in his hometown of Rock Hill after he refused to leave officers alone as they arrested another man, according to a police report.

Simpson was in a car that was speeding through the parking lot of the Celebrations bar around 2 a.m. New Yearís Day. The driver and another passenger in the car were arrested and charged with disorderly conduct after they yelled and cursed at police, according to the report.

Simpson then began yelling at officers, saying ďIím Ko Simpson with the Buffalo Bills. I am worth millions!Ē several times. The officers asked Simpson to leave the parking lot and he began to walk away, but turned and started yelling at officers again, police said.

The officers arrested Simpson because they feared his screaming might cause the large crowd that gathered to turn against them, police said.

The 25-year-old Simpson was charged with hindering police and released on a $470 bond, according to Rock Hill jail officials.

Officials with the Bills said they were aware of the report and were gathering more information. A message left for Simpsonís agent was not immediately returned.

Simpson played in all 16 games for Buffalo this season, intercepting two passes and making 66 tackles after missing nearly all of 2007 with a broken ankle. Simpson was drafted in the fourth round in 2006 and became an immediate starter because of injuries, with two interceptions and 76 tackles his rookie year.

Simpson was the Southeastern Conference freshman of the year in 2004 at South Carolina. He left the Gamecocks after two seasons."

#949234 --- 01/03/09 02:36 PM Re: Jauron w/ The Buffalo Bills?? [Re: Jelloshot]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Simpson then began yelling at officers, saying ďIím Ko Simpson with the Buffalo Bills. I am worth millions!Ē

HAHAHa a he's lucky they didnt start laughing so hard,fall down and have one of their guns accidentally discharge.
What and idiot.

#949237 --- 01/03/09 02:39 PM Re: Jauron w/ The Buffalo Bills?? [Re: Jelloshot]
nymmamma Offline
Silver Member

What an idiot. I wish Jim Kelly, Thurmanator, and Golosano would buy the team from Ralph. I'm sure Jauron will coddle Simpson...that's why they players like him.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >