FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#908972 --- 10/31/08 11:36 AM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: Miatasportscar]
Taxpayer14456 Offline

Loc: Geneva
Originally Posted By: Miatasportscar
Let's SAVE THE LAKE FRONT!!!!!!!!!!

The lakefront is being saved. A small parcel between the Chamber and the Ramada isn't going to ruin the lakefront.

FingerLakes1.com
#908974 --- 10/31/08 11:38 AM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: tubby]
Taxpayer14456 Offline

Originally Posted By: tubby
What does the fact that a few rich home owners taking care of their properties have to do with forward thinking ? If true I think the beautifully kept row houses in Geneva blow away Gibson St.

That's assuming they are rich. I don't know if they are or not. If your community is positive then it's people are positive.

#909041 --- 10/31/08 02:49 PM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: Taxpayer14456]
hummm Offline

Loc: new york
WHERE ARE THE PETITIONS THAT ARE BEING TALKED ABOUT? I'D LIKE TO SIGN ON. IN STORES? BARS? THANKS!

#909057 --- 10/31/08 03:16 PM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: hummm]
BuckCompton Offline

Loc: New York
DON'T NEED TO YELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#909117 --- 10/31/08 06:11 PM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: bluezone]
mackey Offline

Loc: geneva
I live in the city and the old gas station is in my district. As far with the minor of people that want the gas station do not live in the 5th ward. I for one have not heard any thing from my city counselman.

#909422 --- 11/01/08 09:31 AM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: Miatasportscar]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
Bluezone:
I live in the town,

To alter natural beauty for a few extra dollars is insane in my opinion,

Does the town of Geneva have 60 acres of lakefront for public use?

#909451 --- 11/01/08 10:13 AM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: bluezone]
Miatasportscar Offline

Loc: Geneva, NY
What's that got to do with "spoiling natural beauty"? Wake up, preserving natural beauty only can occur once. That's my point, and that's what should be considered. You can be sure if the Town of Geneva DID have 60 acres of lake front, it would be "natural beauty" and preserved in that regard.
The town has nothing to do with this decision, but opinions should come from everywhere to preserve something as treasured as this parcel. Wake up, there isn't enough money on the planet to spoil the lake front with commercial enterprise. Don't you get it? My views are my own, and yes I live in Town of Geneva. It shouldn't bother anyone if someone from overseas viewed his opinion, let alone views from town folks, this is America, not some other country. Anyone's views should be heard and tossed into the pile. You're talking about developing a piece of property that will no longer be in a natural state. I like to hear views from everyone on any subject, particularly this one which can change the lake front dramatically.
This is how you learn things, by listening. Post your views, let everyone see them, and with enough input the job will be done properly. With money federal, state, county, city in short supply, this will also have a factor on this. Whatever is done, my view is simple, don't spoil the natural beauty with a building hiding views from ANYONE!

#909625 --- 11/01/08 04:58 PM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: Miatasportscar]
bluezone Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: USA
... You can be sure if the Town of Geneva DID have 60 acres of lake front, it would be "natural beauty" and preserved in that regard.

Is not Lochland road/Route 14 along the lake in the town of Geneva and represents about 7 miles of waterfront?

Why did you move from the city of Geneva to the town of Geneva?

#909690 --- 11/01/08 07:12 PM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: bluezone]
Miatasportscar Offline

Loc: Geneva, NY
I don't think it's any of your business why I moved here...but I will say this: "I LOVE IT!!!!Especially because of the natural beauty that surrounds me." Again, it's none of your business why I moved here. Stick to building "12" issues.....

#909742 --- 11/01/08 09:06 PM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: Miatasportscar]
Taxpayer14456 Offline

One building between the Ramada and the Chamber is hardly spoiling the natural beauty of the area.

#909760 --- 11/01/08 09:36 PM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: Taxpayer14456]
hummm Offline

HEY TAXPAYER, ONE BUILDING WILL DESTROY THE NATURE BEAUTY OF THE LAKE. ESPECIALLY A BLDG LIKE #12. ALSO, WHAT ABOUT ALL THE WASTE THAT WILL BE EMPTYING INTO THE LAKE?

#909769 --- 11/01/08 09:56 PM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: hummm]
Taxpayer14456 Offline

Originally Posted By: hummm
HEY TAXPAYER, ONE BUILDING WILL DESTROY THE NATURE BEAUTY OF THE LAKE. ESPECIALLY A BLDG LIKE #12. ALSO, WHAT ABOUT ALL THE WASTE THAT WILL BE EMPTYING INTO THE LAKE?

LOL!

Oh golly I just naturally thought this new building would have a sewer system. Who da thunk the sewer would flow directly into the lake.

#909789 --- 11/01/08 10:40 PM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: Taxpayer14456]
hummm Offline

AND WHERE WILL IT GO TAXPAYER? PLEASE EXPLAIN THE GENEVA SEWER SYSTEM TO ME.

#909919 --- 11/02/08 07:23 AM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: Taxpayer14456]
jojotaxpayer Offline

Loc: Ontario County
Originally Posted By: Taxpayer14456
One building between the Ramada and the Chamber is hardly spoiling the natural beauty of the area.

It's certainly not contributing to it either numb-nuts. Step away from the computer once in a while and enjoy it.

#909938 --- 11/02/08 07:53 AM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: hummm]
Qwill Pen Offline

WHERE ARE THE PETITIONS THAT ARE BEING TALKED ABOUT? I'D LIKE TO SIGN ON. IN STORES? BARS? THANKS!

You can sign a petition at the Public Library in Geneva.

#909949 --- 11/02/08 08:05 AM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: Qwill Pen]
Qwill Pen Offline

I have to agree with Hummmm. It is very shortsighted not to consider the pollution that comes with office buildings and condos. I am talking about the obvious - air pollution (increased traffic), sight pollution (views of parking lots and dumpsters instead of lakeviews), noise pollution- traffic, deliveries etc.

In addition, I don't see Geneva City or any other government entity "owning" that area of land. They may consider they own the ground - but the beautiful lakeview is not owned by anyone and no matter where you live - even if you come once a year to visit - the natural beauty of the area belongs to every person from every where and not just a group of officials who come and go in office.

#909950 --- 11/02/08 08:07 AM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: hummm]
Taxpayer14456 Offline

AND WHERE WILL IT GO TAXPAYER? PLEASE EXPLAIN THE GENEVA SEWER SYSTEM TO ME.

LOOK IT UP YOURSELF.

#909951 --- 11/02/08 08:08 AM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: jojotaxpayer]
Taxpayer14456 Offline

Originally Posted By: jojotaxpayer
It's certainly not contributing to it either numb-nuts. Step away from the computer once in a while and enjoy it.

LOL! I don't care who you are, thats funny.

#909952 --- 11/02/08 08:11 AM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: Qwill Pen]
Taxpayer14456 Offline

Originally Posted By: caseyseneca
I have to agree with Hummmm. It is very shortsighted not to consider the pollution that comes with office buildings and condos. I am talking about the obvious - air pollution (increased traffic), sight pollution (views of parking lots and dumpsters instead of lakeviews), noise pollution- traffic, deliveries etc.

Yeah we wouldn't want increased traffic. Lets close down access to the lake so tourists don't increase their traffic and cause air pollution.

I don't see dumpsters now at the lakefront buildings. I am not at all bothered by the occassional delivery trucks at the Ramada.

#910015 --- 11/02/08 11:13 AM Re: Building 12 on the Lakefront [Re: Taxpayer14456]
Qwill Pen Offline

I am not talking about the Ramada, Taxpayer, nor do I care what you as an individual are bothered or not bothered about about. I am talking about the future and those who inherit what we do - our children, grandchildren and beyond. You can be as sarcastic as you like, and you seem to love being sarcastic. teh fact remains that with offices and with living spaces comes additional stress on the environment and the surroundings. What is tolerable now with the Ramada would increase many fold with residential area and with office buildings.

Look to the future. That area is a great asset to this area as a whole. Let it remain for development in a green and pleasant environmentally friendly place, i.e., gardens, nature park, etc.

Condos can be built elsewhere and so can office buildings.

Taxpayer, I really would enjoy your posts if they were not always so sarcastic - no matter what anyone says - you seem to enjoy sarcasm. It would be pleasant to have a nice conversation and discussion without the sarcasm. I hope for your own sake, that once in a while you have a pleasant thought, or give a smile to someone.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >