FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#899642 --- 10/16/08 07:39 AM Anyone know what happened on 14A last night?
14me14u Offline

Loc: State of Mind
Just a short distance down 14A along that first sharp curve heading towards Rte. 245 (after turning left at Tops) there was some sort of "incident" last night. I say "incident" because there was no way to tell what was unfolding or what had happened.

There was a cop car, someone pushing a gurney and a few other vehicles parked nearby with two motorcycles parked along the roadside. Just ahead, coming off of Rte. 245 was an ambulance with lights flashing but no siren and in no apparent hurry.

I checked all the news releases but found no reports of it.

I'm only asking about it because I know a lot of people who ride and I know a lot of people from that area. I'd just like to know if everyone is ok. Hopefully it was just a traffic violator or someone with a medical problem rather than a serious accident. I'd think it would be in the news if it was an accident, right?

And in case anyone wants to get technical with me...it WAS in Ontario County...so no, this post does not belong in the Yates County forum.

FingerLakes1.com
#899650 --- 10/16/08 07:56 AM Re: Anyone know what happened on 14A last night? [Re: 14me14u]
lotsoftrouble Offline

Loc: Geneva NY
It was an accident involving a motorcycle. I drove by when everyone was still there last night, and most everyone looked to be ok. Thats just from what I saw. When I was coming home I saw them loading the bike on to a flatbed truck although it didn't look terribly damaged or anything.

Edited by lotsoftrouble (10/16/08 08:03 AM)

#899651 --- 10/16/08 07:57 AM Re: Anyone know what happened on 14A last night? [Re: 14me14u]
1coolmama Offline

Loc: NY
I heard the call go out and it said that there was a request for a check over of a sick or intox driver on 14A near Leet Road. They said that the vehicle was on the side of the road and all they were asking for was a check over..... But after the original call for EMS and Law enforcement I heard nothing on the scanner.

#899675 --- 10/16/08 08:25 AM Re: Anyone know what happened on 14A last night? [Re: 14me14u]
FLvino Offline

Loc: wine country
Comming from watkins yesterday in the rain there was alot of leaves in the road, you have to be careful its worse than ice when the leaves get wet.

#899745 --- 10/16/08 10:36 AM Re: Anyone know what happened on 14A last night? [Re: FLvino]
14me14u Offline

Loc: State of Mind
I'm just glad to hear that nobody was seriously hurt. It always makes my stomach turn when I come upon an accident scene because most of the accidents are avoidable if people pay attention and use common sense. I hate to hear of fatalities that could have been avoided.

Thanks for the info, and FLvino mentioned, those wet leaves are slippery so be careful everyone!