FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#884446 --- 09/18/08 01:02 AM Long John Silvers???
Nekoyasha Offline

Loc: NY
So, near the end of August when we were in Geneva, as we drove by LJS, we realized they had closed! (Gasp! My favorite place!) Totally bummed.
I went to LJS' website to check locations. There were 3 others listed in NYS. Depew, Oneida, & one in the Southern Tier area I believe.
So....last week I checked locations again, and Depew was no longer listed, nor the Southern Tier one! The only one left is in Oneida!!
Are they all closing?
I plan to be emailing them and see what I can find out. We had asked them before about coming to Canandaigua, and got a nice, typical response. When we also mentioned it a few years ago to the LJS in Geneva, they said "Canandaigua is too close." Umm, OK. We are a good 20-25 minutes from Geneva. Well, now that the Geneva one is closed (and if they aren't closing them all), maybe now they can come to Canandaigua!

FingerLakes1.com
#884476 --- 09/18/08 05:06 AM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: Nekoyasha]
Sweetcakes Offline

Loc: Southeast of Disorder
I would bet to guess that LJS is making its way to neverland!

Not placing two stores within 17 miles of each other would sound like the smart thing to do..
But then again they should of had a manuel on good cleaning habits..

Long John must be walking the plank!

#884516 --- 09/18/08 06:44 AM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: Nekoyasha]
LovInABox Offline

Loc: Seneca County
They are all franchises, aren't they?

I think it was just a matter of time for the Geneva one to close.. I didnt even know there were others in NY. I used to like going there too.. but with the kids working yelling about their sexual escapades.. and smoking outside, leaving 1 person to work the counter/and cook.. and not to mention all wearing street clothes. (Which was insane.. and the young supervisor telling the employees to keep their work clothes close by so they can throw them on incase the general manager came in).. wel.. yeah.. it was time.

#884644 --- 09/18/08 10:26 AM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: LovInABox]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca Falls,NY,
Not to mention chicken, fish and everything else all being thrown in the same oil so that everything tasted the same, hair in food, flys flying around the cole slaw...

#884652 --- 09/18/08 10:44 AM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: sassyone]
Nekoyasha Offline

Ugh....stuff we don't want to hear, but unfortunately happens. We didn't eat there very often, just because we don't go to Geneva very often....but there were a few times we were there where the place could have been cleaner. Never really experienced much with the employees. Nice conversations to everhear, huh? Yuck.
There was one in PA that we would stop to that was excellent with their employees, cleanliness, etc.

#884717 --- 09/18/08 12:20 PM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: Nekoyasha]
Red High Heels Offline

Loc: Geneva, NY
They use to serve the best raw chicken

#884718 --- 09/18/08 12:20 PM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: Nekoyasha]
Red High Heels Offline

Loc: Geneva, NY
They use to serve the best raw chicken

#884739 --- 09/18/08 01:05 PM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: Red High Heels]
14me14u Offline

Loc: State of Mind
Maybe a little off topic, but I'd love to see a Sonic in this area! I don't believe there are any around here and maybe it's because it's a car hop type of place which wouldn't fly in NYS.

I went to a Sonic in Nashville and I fell in love with it! Now I'm jonsin' for a Texas Toast breakfast sandwich! Mmmmmm...

#884743 --- 09/18/08 01:13 PM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: 14me14u]
countrygirl Offline

Loc: upstate, NY
i agree w/u on sonic, i lived in AZ for 5 yrs and i loved sonic. I liked them cause they had tater tots...

* Everyday brings us one new blessing *

#884751 --- 09/18/08 01:24 PM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: countrygirl]
Sovereign King Offline

Loc: Auditioning on Broadway
Sonic is not in this area... Yet... the closest to here is southwestern and south eastern PA...

Willow Run Foods out of Kirkwood, NY (Binghamton area) has signed a multi million dollar contract to distribute for Sonic in the Northeast. ;\)

#884754 --- 09/18/08 01:33 PM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: Sovereign King]
Nekoyasha Offline

Agree with that - a Sonic would be great!
It bugged me when they started advertising all the time on TV about a year or two ago, and there weren't any around. When I finally went to their site, yup, the closest were in PA & OH. Didn't make sense with the ads, and not fair, they kept teasing me! LOL
I went on a roadtrip to the midwest last year, and on our way home my friend & I passed a Sonic. We both thought 'awesome' and we had to try it! It was good....so have been wanting to go back again, but obviously can't! haha
Thanks for letting us know about the contract, King!

#884792 --- 09/18/08 03:05 PM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: Nekoyasha]
Sweetcakes Offline

My kid worked there for about 2 years..........The stories they told....

#884842 --- 09/18/08 04:56 PM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: Sweetcakes]
KoDSC Offline

Loc: Here.
Huh, I was in Geneva last week and didn't even realize LJS was gone.

A bummer; I kinda liked going there (Yeah, I know, 50/50 chance of getting sick within half an hour of eating).

As for the Sonic's... YES! They taunt me with their commercials! And a Steve & Busters would be nice too! My dad insists there's a Sonic in Rochester, but it doesn't show up on their website.

#884848 --- 09/18/08 05:15 PM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: KoDSC]
Sweetcakes Offline

It would be nice to have a sonic up in the Tops to Wal mart area.. But then it would probably hurt Macs

#884912 --- 09/18/08 06:46 PM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: KoDSC]
radio Offline

Loc: ontario
I think to sonic he is talking about is the sonic car wash

#884951 --- 09/18/08 07:15 PM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: KoDSC]
Sovereign King Offline

Loc: Auditioning on Broadway
Perhaps if we are patient we will get a Sonic somewhere in the Finger Lakes when they expand in the northeast? The Ads have me tempted...

As far as other advertising that gets me is Dairy Queen... Sonic and Dairy Queen always advertise such good things when I am hungry and am disappointed when I have to settle for something at a fast food chain I have been eating at my entire life.

BTW if you are wondering why they advertise us here, it is because thy buy national ad time/space... t is not like they are wasting money.... Plus with all of these commercials it is not like we will read that says Sonic is coming soon and go "huh, whats a sonic?"

Another thing I wish we had in this area that I know we will never get is a Hardies... Yum!!!

#885066 --- 09/18/08 09:16 PM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: Sovereign King]
Akisma Woodchuck Offline

Loc: American Freedom Fighter
Their grease from the fryers wasn't even good enough for bio-diesal.

#885131 --- 09/19/08 05:34 AM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: Sovereign King]
14me14u Offline

Yeah! What's up with that? We don't have a Dairy Queen either! We are a disadvantaged region for sure!

I was happy to see Fudruckers go in at the Thruway stop between Cdga and Victor! I used to eat there in Connecticut and it was AMAZING!!! One of the best burgers I've ever had! If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it!

I'd also like to see a Bill Gray's in Cdga. Many childhood memories of the rootbeer shakes and the tatsy burgers when there was a Bill Gray's at Eastview Mall!

#885209 --- 09/19/08 08:16 AM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: 14me14u]
pawtrait Offline

But if you travel up to Rochester, to the old Fast Ferry Terminal - there is a Cheeburger-Cheeburger mmmm..... far rarer than Sonic or DQ and IMHO way better food

http://cheeburgercheeburger.com/

#885254 --- 09/19/08 09:53 AM Re: Long John Silvers??? [Re: pawtrait]
14me14u Offline

Thanks Pawtrait! I'll be sure to head up there sometime and grab a Cheeburger-Cheeburger! Sounds YUMMY!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >