FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#909550 --- 11/01/08 02:56 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: lotsoftrouble]
Sovereign King Offline

Loc: Auditioning on Broadway
I'm not cranky, but come on already with the Target, if they wanted to be here already they would... Maybe in the future, but not anytime soon... I'd put money on it...

As far as Steve and Barry's closing in Geneva... It had nothing nothing to do with Geneva it is a corporate decision after filing chapter 11 bankruptcy to close many of the new stores that popped up during it's massive expansion years ago. The company wants to operate a smaller base of stores in an attempt to "better positioning the company to reach its profitability goals." (that's from them. ) If you wanted to use an example, that was a bad one.

FingerLakes1.com
#909551 --- 11/01/08 02:59 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: lotsoftrouble]
Sovereign King Offline

Loc: Auditioning on Broadway
Originally Posted By: lotsoftrouble
But to say that a Target is never opening there is a tad ridiculous, considering that there have been quite a few new bigger stores opening there this last year. Peebles, BB and Beyond, Walgreens, RV/E, HomeGoods, and Panera. Better than Geneva which only sees stores closing like Steve and Barrys.

I didn't say never getting one... I said face it you are not gettng one. It's a small but big difference... it's like when a kid keeps on saying they want a puppy and the parent says face it your not getting a puppy... Does that mean the kid is never going to get a puppy in his or her lifetime? Or is that what you say to a kid who constantly goes on and on about wanting a puppy at the time. ;\)

#909565 --- 11/01/08 03:27 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: Sovereign King]
lotsoftrouble Offline

Loc: Geneva NY
Except that they closed the stores that were doing poorly first, but you're right it was a poor example I guess.
But its the only business that's opened up in Geneva since I moved here, thats not a pharmacy or a bank, so its all I could use.
My point is Canandaigua is growing and that anything could happen. But hey if Target ever wanted to come to Geneva... there's plenty of empty buildings for them to renovate and use.

#913609 --- 11/07/08 01:15 AM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: Nekoyasha]
thinkitover18 Offline

Loc: New York
From what we've been told its going to be Ontario County's Show World..stupiiddd

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3