FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#884807 --- 09/18/08 03:47 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: pixiegirl1114]
Nekoyasha Offline

Loc: NY
I was thinking that, but on the mapquest aerial map it was down further. Thanks! I didn't realize there was an opening in the old Wegmans (don't go by it often).

FingerLakes1.com
#884837 --- 09/18/08 04:48 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: pixiegirl1114]
KoDSC Offline

Loc: Here.
Yeah, Spirit's in the old bookstore in the CNB plaza by Tim Horton's. They've got their monkeyman dancing by the road already.

Another whispered possibility for the old WallyWorld was Kohls. Not big enough, though, is it?

Big Lots could use a new store, though. It'd be nice if they hopped over there.

#884958 --- 09/18/08 07:21 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: KoDSC]
Sovereign King Offline

Loc: Auditioning on Broadway
Speaking of Walmart whats up with the new bank in it? Any good? I've been to their website when I noticed the branch in the bank about a month ago... A Kentucky company, making a massive expansion in Upstate, NY inside Walmart stores.

Anybody have any experience with them? Good? Bad?

#885135 --- 09/19/08 05:38 AM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: Sovereign King]
14me14u Offline

Loc: State of Mind
I guess we will all have to be surprised when they announce the new store!

Then we can start a new thread about it...the good, the bad and the ugly re: the new store in Canandaigua.

Either way, Canandaigua is growing and we can only hope the new tenants coming to our area will boost the economy.

#885240 --- 09/19/08 09:18 AM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: 14me14u]
14me14u Offline

UPDATE!!

From the mouth's of babes...

My 16 year old daughter said it was in the paper. They are putting in some sort of sporting goods store in the old Canandaigua WalMart.

Dick's or Bass maybe?

Not sure if she's right but it makes sense.

#885373 --- 09/19/08 12:58 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: 14me14u]
SilverFox Offline

Loc: Waterloo
Give that girl a gold star. A teenager that reads the newspaper is special.

#885386 --- 09/19/08 01:12 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: SilverFox]
14me14u Offline

Originally Posted By: SilverFox
Give that girl a gold star. A teenager that reads the newspaper is special.

Ahh yes...I am quite proud of her! She reads everything in sight! When she gets bored, she will read food labels and tell me how bad the stuff is for me!
She collects news articles that she feels are related to the economy or the decline of our political structure! She saves articles about unfortunate deaths in our area because she said it reminds her to appreciate life even though the stories are sad.
As far as the Sporting Goods Store, she told me it would be a great addition to the Canandaigua economy so she hopes they follow through.
She is a special kid for sure!

#885419 --- 09/19/08 01:56 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: 14me14u]
Sovereign King Offline

What paper was this im and around what day. I would like to read it...

#885423 --- 09/19/08 02:00 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: Sovereign King]
14me14u Offline

It must have been the Daily Messenger and it had to be on or around Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't get the paper but she read it during the school day.

#885428 --- 09/19/08 02:06 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: Sovereign King]
wovensilver42 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Originally Posted By: Sovereign King
Speaking of Walmart whats up with the new bank in it? Any good? I've been to their website when I noticed the branch in the bank about a month ago... A Kentucky company, making a massive expansion in Upstate, NY inside Walmart stores.

Anybody have any experience with them? Good? Bad?

WoodForest Bank, I opened an account there a couple weeks ago and love it so far! They send you an email daily of the transactions that have been posted, so that saves having to log into the online banking to check. No problems so far with them.

#885491 --- 09/19/08 04:37 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: wovensilver42]
sassyone Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Seneca Falls,NY,
I would highly doubt that a Bass shop would go in an old walmart.

#886104 --- 09/20/08 08:39 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: sassyone]
Mr. Black Offline

Loc: Canandaigua NY
The plaza where Raymour Flanigans and BigLots are located is owned by Target Corporation.

-Jesse Jackson

#909068 --- 10/31/08 03:47 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: Mr. Black]
Sovereign King Offline

So what did the old Wal Mart building become?

#909078 --- 10/31/08 04:01 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: Sovereign King]
wovensilver42 Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Nothing yet, they just have it up for Lease.....

#909128 --- 10/31/08 06:24 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: wovensilver42]
Sovereign King Offline

Huh guess i was right to begin with...

Edited by Sovereign King (10/31/08 06:43 PM)

#909317 --- 11/01/08 12:13 AM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: Sovereign King]
paramedic268 Offline

Loc: Phelps NY
The old Wal Mart building is in pretty rough shape. I believe it used to be an old Nicoles years ago....Wal Mart (according to the tax department) still owns the property, I would highly doubt that Target will be moving there, that would be business suicide.

#909388 --- 11/01/08 07:43 AM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: paramedic268]
Judy Offline

Loc: Geneva
I would LOVE to have a Target closer than 45 miles away. The Geneva Walmart could use the competition. Once KMart closed, they seemed to get sloppy, but really, I like Target so much better anyway.

#909518 --- 11/01/08 01:42 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: paramedic268]
Sovereign King Offline

Originally Posted By: paramedic268
The old Wal Mart building is in pretty rough shape. I believe it used to be an old Nicoles years ago....Wal Mart (according to the tax department) still owns the property, I would highly doubt that Target will be moving there, that would be business suicide.

I don''t if tax dept. info is accurate... Just simply going on the fact the building is not listed on Wal Mart reality... All of the former stores they used to own are listed for sale or lease including the one listed for lease in Elimra/Big FLats... I don't see why, if they handled a property they own as close as Big Flats, why they wouldn't deal with the Wal Mart building in Canandaigua... Doesn't make sense.

Anyway it doesn't matter if Wal Mart still owns the building... It's not like if it was another owner a Target would go in (not like they are fighting target off with a stick, target is obviously not interested)... It's not a bunch of dummies are handling the business. I cannot believe anyone believes Wal Mart would allow target into it's former building, right next store. It's called a clause and they put them in contracts... If Wal Mart agrees to lease a property from anyone te owner will have to agree not to lease, or sell the property to any of Wal marts competitors for X amount of time. Why would property owner agree to this? It must be like a dream to have Wal mart come on your property... Big business, that is not going out of business, one big rent check in stead of 5-10 small ones...

#909519 --- 11/01/08 01:44 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: Judy]
Sovereign King Offline

Originally Posted By: Judy
I would LOVE to have a Target closer than 45 miles away. The Geneva Walmart could use the competition. Once KMart closed, they seemed to get sloppy, but really, I like Target so much better anyway.

AGAIN!?! Really the Target talk again? Face it people you are not getting a Target! If Target wanted to come to Canandaigua, they would have already. There is land for lease around Canandaigua... It's no like they are waiting to come in...

#909544 --- 11/01/08 02:44 PM Re: Canandaigua - Old Wal-Mart [Re: Sovereign King]
lotsoftrouble Offline

Loc: Geneva NY
WOW- who pee'd in your cornflakes this morning? Cranky much?

I agree that its unlikely that Target will open in place of the old Walmart purely because of its proximity to Walmart and also because Target's new business model usually has it paired up with other larger stores in one large shopping retail center.

But to say that a Target is never opening there is a tad ridiculous, considering that there have been quite a few new bigger stores opening there this last year. Peebles, BB and Beyond, Walgreens, RV/E, HomeGoods, and Panera. Better than Geneva which only sees stores closing like Steve and Barrys.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >