Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
ambiguity with a purpose = answers and problem resolutions

#852171 --- 08/01/08 11:49 PM Re: Autism a fraud! [Re: Z Genius Lusifer]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
That might make a good sig line; I'll decide after I'm elected.

Edited by VM Smith (08/01/08 11:51 PM)

#852199 --- 08/02/08 02:11 AM Re: Autism a fraud! [Re: Fluff]
Yetta Nother Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sunny and warm
Originally Posted By: Fluff
Don't you mean "dementia" not "dimentia".
Just giving you a taste of your own!!!!

Seriously...you couldn't give me a taste of my own......but carry on...discuss the real issue at hand.

#852424 --- 08/02/08 02:08 PM Re: Autism a fraud! [Re: Yetta Nother]
Fluff Offline

Loc: waterloo
Treat the child not the disability. What I am saying is, does it matter what the diagnosis is as long as the person is receiving support for difficulties that are interferring with their learning or living? People do not receive "treatment" for autism. People/children receive treatment based on the characteristics they display. Autism, ADD/ADHD, MR, Learning Disabiled.....who cares what the label as long as they are being supported and helped when they truly need to be? Every person with autism or any other disability is different, treat the individual.

#852509 --- 08/02/08 05:35 PM Re: Autism a fraud! [Re: Fluff]
Bing Bong Offline

Loc: the road to hell
Treat the child not the disability. What I am saying is, does it matter what the diagnosis is as long as the person is receiving support for difficulties that are interferring with their learning or living? People do not receive "treatment" for autism. People/children receive treatment based on the characteristics they display. Autism, ADD/ADHD, MR, Learning Disabiled.....who cares what the label as long as they are being supported and helped when they truly need to be? Every person with autism or any other disability is different, treat the individual.

Yes, excellent point, but I think there would be fewer diagnoses fo ADD, autism, or whatever, if humans received the support they need before their behavior brings them negative attention. IOW, take care of your kids.

#852602 --- 08/02/08 09:20 PM Re: Autism a fraud! [Re: Bing Bong]
threeputt Offline

Loc: Waterloo
Originally Posted By: Bing Bong

Yes, excellent point, but I think there would be fewer diagnoses fo ADD, autism, or whatever, if humans received the support they need before their behavior brings them negative attention. IOW, take care of your kids.

Fluff is right, of course. And so is BB. Unfortunately, labels result in treatment, support, special education or whatever; no label results in nada.

#864789 --- 08/21/08 08:37 AM Re: Autism a fraud! [Re: threeputt]
DR. D Offline

Loc: Waterloo/Seneca Falls/Junius/T...
After reading this I still am going WoW...just WoW.

I would squarely lay blame on the Pharmaceutical Industry, no matter what side of the argument you are on.

#869225 --- 08/27/08 08:19 AM Re: Autism a fraud! [Re: DR. D]
threeputt Offline

Loc: Waterloo
I disagree. I think the pharmaceutical industry is simply exploiting the situation, not causing it. BTW, the pharmaceutical industry does not write prescriptions for medication (and neither do schools). Health care professionals do. It is that side of the equation that needs to be much more careful about using medications with children.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4