FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#855240 --- 08/07/08 08:24 AM Deer Hunting is coming up on us!!
PYmastersteve Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK well deer hunting is approaching rather quick...ive spotted some decent bucks in the barrington area..if anyone has any property in the yates county area they will allow me to hunt please let me know!!

FingerLakes1.com
#855430 --- 08/07/08 12:51 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: PYmastersteve]
Samuel Offline

Loc: Potter, NY
Originally Posted By: PYmastersteve
OK well deer hunting is approaching rather quick...ive spotted some decent bucks in the barrington area..if anyone has any property in the yates county area they will allow me to hunt please let me know!!

Good luck with that. Last time I brought that up I got hate mail on the forum for killing Bambi. It is getting tough to find a decent and populated place to hunt. I am looking forward to bow season. It is a lot of fun and a great challenge.

#855470 --- 08/07/08 01:49 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: Samuel]
Love PY Offline

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: Samuel

Good luck with that. Last time I brought that up I got hate mail on the forum for killing Bambi. It is getting tough to find a decent and populated place to hunt. I am looking forward to bow season. It is a lot of fun and a great challenge.
It will be tough to find areas to hunt. Thankfully, I have land that has been in my family since 1881 near Barrington.

Along the lines of hunting what is your and others opinion of nuscence permits?

I had a deer (partially dismembered) dumped just outside the entryway to my property by someone that had shot the deer appx. 700 yards away. The guy took the back straps and hind qtrs. and just dumped the deer where I would find it.

In the spirit of full disclosure the guy that was issued the permit and I have a long standing battle, but that's no excuse for this!

Thank God my young children weren't in the truck at the time. I would post the picture but too many people would be grossed out.

The sad thing is there aren't enough deer in the Himrod area as it is. It's not like it used to be.

Edited by Love PY (08/07/08 01:50 PM)

#855484 --- 08/07/08 01:59 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: Love PY]
Samuel Offline

Originally Posted By: Love PY

It will be tough to find areas to hunt. Thankfully, I have land that has been in my family since 1881 near Barrington.

I had a deer (partially dismembered) dumped just outside the entryway to my property by someone that had shot the deer appx. 700 yards away. The guy took the back straps and hind qtrs. and just dumped the deer where I would find it.

Thank God my young children weren't in the truck at the time. I would post the picture but too many people would be grossed out.

The sad thing is there aren't enough deer in the Himrod area as it is. It's not like it used to be.

I believe that it is sure a waste of good meat, but I guess if you shoot them under a nuisance permit nobody can say what you do with it. They should at least give it away. Too many people do that with deer....just take what they want and leave it. Is there a law regarding that. As far as nuisance permit they may be able to shoot them and leave them where they drop. I certainly would not do that. Have people hunt for them and harvest the meat. Those permits are assignable.

#855505 --- 08/07/08 02:18 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: Samuel]
PYmastersteve Offline

My family lives in himrod...we have no place to hunt there..we hunt in dundee...

#855508 --- 08/07/08 02:18 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: PYmastersteve]
PYmastersteve Offline

as for hate mail...i dont care how much hate mail i get...i do what i have to do to feed my family and if they dont like it..well thats there decision and it doesnt bother me one bit...

#855520 --- 08/07/08 02:29 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: PYmastersteve]
Samuel Offline

as for hate mail...i dont care how much hate mail i get...i do what i have to do to feed my family and if they dont like it..well thats there decision and it doesnt bother me one bit...

I hear that. I am hoping to get three deer this year and pack the freezer with steaks, roast and stew meat. There is noting better than venison. Especially with the price of food these days. Sure hope I can get a few deer within shooting range.

#855521 --- 08/07/08 02:30 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: Samuel]
PYmastersteve Offline

I had plenty within range last year...but it was my first year..and i dont know what happened but i flat out missed...2 of them were the first day and they were within 30 yards LOL but i have a better gun this year..and ive got more practice on the range..so im ready this year!

#855528 --- 08/07/08 02:41 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: Love PY]
BelieveMe Offline

Loc: NYS

In the spirit of full disclosure the guy that was issued the permit and I have a long standing battle, but that's no excuse for this!

I know an adult way to get back at him - pour roundup along his lane-way!!!

#855529 --- 08/07/08 02:42 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: Samuel]
AnneSmile Offline

Loc: Amusement
There is noting better than venison.

I'm with you YUMMY

As for the Bambi haters, keep a lid on it and whine to someone who cares.

#855530 --- 08/07/08 02:45 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: BelieveMe]
AnneSmile Offline

Loc: Amusement
Originally Posted By: BelieveMe

\:o LOL

#855533 --- 08/07/08 02:53 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: AnneSmile]
PYmastersteve Offline

dont even need roundup...go to a barber shop ask them to bag up all the cut hair on the floor and spread it through the woods...deer wont come within 200 yards of that area HAHHA

#855536 --- 08/07/08 02:54 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: PYmastersteve]
PYmastersteve Offline

But, in all seriousness..ive been looking for some new properties to hunt...so if anyone has something i can take a look at..Email me steve.hall1983@yahoo.com

#855551 --- 08/07/08 03:03 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: PYmastersteve]
Samuel Offline

But, in all seriousness..ive been looking for some new properties to hunt...so if anyone has something i can take a look at..Email me steve.hall1983@yahoo.com

Will do. I am still trying for a few new places in Potter. Ever been up this way?

#855557 --- 08/07/08 03:11 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: Samuel]
PYmastersteve Offline

had a sister in law that lived up that way..saw some nice deer that way last year..but unfortunately i dont know anyone up there with hunting property...we stick around the dundee area...we got one spot in himrod on norris road..but its small the deer dont stay in it..they just use it as a pass through to go from the upper property down to the road and across..so we get lucky early in the morning there...but not enough to hunt it constantly

#855568 --- 08/07/08 03:30 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: PYmastersteve]
Samuel Offline

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2253/1830884075_70193c863c.jpg?v=0[/img]

Potter hunting is excellent. You just have to be aware of the swamp monster!!!

Edited by Samuel (08/07/08 03:31 PM)

#855578 --- 08/07/08 03:45 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: Samuel]
PYmastersteve Offline

LOL im not scared!! looks like some good eatin..hahaha

#855594 --- 08/07/08 04:06 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: PYmastersteve]
Samuel Offline

LOL im not scared!! looks like some good eatin..hahaha

If you get a nice buck you have to post it online. I tried to get folks to dot last year but the Bambi lovers scared them off. I'll post what I get. Just hope it is not another one horned spike. I still need my wall mount 10-point. I have got many 6-points and a few 8-points but never a big 10. Need to get out there and check my stands and get the bow out.

#855614 --- 08/07/08 04:35 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: BelieveMe]
Love PY Offline

Loc: New York

Get your facts straight, it's our laneway! Rather our deeded right of way! If I want to pour weed killer down the entire laneway to kill the weeds and grass I can and will. And this is what an off duty Sheriff's deputy left for me and my family.

Edited by Love PY (08/07/08 04:38 PM)

#855627 --- 08/07/08 04:43 PM Re: Deer Hunting is coming up on us!! [Re: Love PY]
Samuel Offline

Get your facts straight, it's our laneway! Rather our deeded right of way! If I want to pour weed killer down the entire laneway to kill the weeds and grass I can and will. And this is what an off duty Sheriff's deputy left for me and my family.

Well that was not very nice. Did you see him leave it there?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >