FingerLakes1.com Forums
Topic Options
#842667 --- 07/16/08 09:09 AM Dewey's Famous 3rd Ward Tavern BBQ
Giraldano Offline

Loc: Tahiti in my Mind
Convention Days is proud to partner with Dewey's 3rd Ward Tavern. Dewey will be down in People's Park on Saturday afternoon, July 19. Come on down and experience the $8.00 chicken dinner....let the great smell of summer chicken on the grill tempt you and lead you down to People's Park!

While you are there, sign the 9/11 Quilt, listen to Judge Elma Bellini speak and then the music of El Kabong - you will be glad you stopped by.

http://www.conventiondays.com

Convention Days and Dewey's thank you!

FingerLakes1.com
#842841 --- 07/16/08 01:03 PM Re: Dewey's Famous 3rd Ward Tavern BBQ [Re: Giraldano]
Giraldano Offline

Dewey will be in People's Park 1 - 5 on the 19th.

#842847 --- 07/16/08 01:10 PM Re: Dewey's Famous 3rd Ward Tavern BBQ [Re: Giraldano]
NYTwinsFan Offline

Loc: Valiente Corazones Fantasma
Yes Deweys is famous, even got a mention in a Newspaper in Britan the UK that is

By day, the town's main street was just like a thousand other small-town main streets throughout America, and every other shop or office had the word "community" in its name. As I was a stranger in town, everybody took it upon themselves to greet me in the street. And they wouldn't just say a breezy "Good morning". Instead they'd come out with things like: "Did you enjoy your meat loaf at Connie's Diner last night?" The whole town always seemed to know everything I'd been up to.

When George takes Clarence, his guardian angel, to Martini's bar, Nick, the barman, tells him: "Hey, look mister, we serve hard drinks in here for men who want to get drunk fast."

So, did Seneca Falls also have a darker side, I wondered? Outside Dewey's 3rd Ward Tavern, pick-up trucks with gun-racks in their rear windows lined the car park. Inside the roadhouse bar men were necking Buds by the bottle and women in leather jackets and tight jeans shimmied to a Kenny Rogers track. Suddenly, I'd left the world of Frank Capra and walked into a scene from a David Lynch movie. Or so I thought, until one of the women who had been shooting pool came over and introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Diana Smith, the mayor, how're you doin'?" In Seneca Falls, even the dives are respectable.

#842870 --- 07/16/08 01:48 PM Re: Dewey's Famous 3rd Ward Tavern BBQ [Re: NYTwinsFan]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Just curious: Did the article say what the Brit doing in SF? Business? Tourist? One of my boat renters, possibly (we've had some from Britain, where canaling is big)? I recommend Dewey's to them, some of of them do go there, and I've heard nothing but praise for the food, and the people, from them.

BTW, Dewey, your catered food at Sparky's party was superb, as usual!

#842871 --- 07/16/08 01:50 PM Re: Dewey's Famous 3rd Ward Tavern BBQ [Re: VM Smith]
NYTwinsFan Offline

Loc: Valiente Corazones Fantasma

#842940 --- 07/16/08 02:56 PM Re: Dewey's Famous 3rd Ward Tavern BBQ [Re: NYTwinsFan]
Giraldano Offline

The Brit was a reporter doing a story on It's A Wonderful Life.

He loved the village and the reception that he received.

AE

#842954 --- 07/16/08 03:23 PM Re: Dewey's Famous 3rd Ward Tavern BBQ [Re: NYTwinsFan]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
Thanks for the link. The article was well written, and a good plug for the village.

#842959 --- 07/16/08 03:39 PM Re: Dewey's Famous 3rd Ward Tavern BBQ [Re: VM Smith]
Yetta Nother Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sunny and warm
Speaking of Deweys....haha.....guzzle guzzle.

#842974 --- 07/16/08 03:50 PM Re: Dewey's Famous 3rd Ward Tavern BBQ [Re: Yetta Nother]
RedGreen Offline

Loc: Charlotte
C'mon over lol.