FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#841725 --- 07/14/08 05:45 PM Another round of Stimulus checks on October?
Gossipgrl Offline

Loc: NY
Has anyone heard anything about this? Someone just came into my store and mentioned that another round of checks will be sent out around October....

FingerLakes1.com
#841737 --- 07/14/08 06:06 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: Gossipgrl]
oldmedic Offline

Loc: Seneca County
mine was suppost to be here around June 4th. I called the IRS today and they told me that there was a problem with two checks made out to me. I might get my check in 8 to 12 weeks if the problem is fixed. I told the lady to rip 1 check up and send me the other 1. She said they are having issues and cannot do that.I would like to tell them what to do with there check, but then they would have issues with someone else!

#841745 --- 07/14/08 06:23 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: Gossipgrl]
almostrelieved Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY
You mean there's another check coming besides the one that we're supposed to have gotten (I did but I know some people haven't yet) back in May/June? That would be so nice if it were true. Wonder how we can find this out? I doubt the IRS website would have anything. Keep us posted if anyone hears anything about this. We have auto repairs big time and not sure if we can even get by until next year's tax refund...ugh!

#841766 --- 07/14/08 07:00 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: almostrelieved]
Gossipgrl Offline

That's what I was just told... I sure hope it's true;)

#841771 --- 07/14/08 07:30 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: Gossipgrl]
oldmedic Offline

Originally Posted By: Gossipgrl
That's what I was just told... I sure hope it's true;)

Sorry, I though you were talking about the first check, I didn,t know they were going to do another one......... They can,t do the first stimulus check round right!!

#841775 --- 07/14/08 07:49 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: Gossipgrl]
SFisWonderful Offline

Loc: NEW YORK
I guess you have your name for a reason! lol!

#841785 --- 07/14/08 08:09 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: SFisWonderful]
oldmedic Offline

Originally Posted By: SFisWonderful
I guess you have your name for a reason! lol!

Yep! And I earned it... But I cannot remember it to well!!!LOL

#841789 --- 07/14/08 08:18 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: SFisWonderful]
Gossipgrl Offline

lol..well.. if his person didnt start talking about it in my store tonight.. i would have no idea.. it's the 1st i've heard of it. I got this check with no problem.. I cant really imagine anything being in the works.. seeing that some people haven't even gotten the check that was due in May/june.. but hey.. does any of it ever make sense? LOL

#841808 --- 07/14/08 08:56 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: Gossipgrl]
amazed Offline

lol..well.. if his person didnt start talking about it in my store tonight.. i would have no idea.. it's the 1st i've heard of it. I got this check with no problem.. I cant really imagine anything being in the works.. seeing that some people haven't even gotten the check that was due in May/june.. but hey.. does any of it ever make sense? LOL

It is a lie. OBAMA has proposed another stimulus check. So maybe you will hear his name associated to it and you'll be foolish enough to vote for him. It isn't going to happen and if it does it is just politics. A sad state of affairs. Liars, liars, liars. Don't believe it.

#841812 --- 07/14/08 09:00 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: amazed]
Brad ONeill Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls NY
Originally Posted By: amazed

It is a lie. OBAMA has proposed another stimulus check. So maybe you will hear his name associated to it and you'll be foolish enough to vote for him. It isn't going to happen and if it does it is just politics. A sad state of affairs. Liars, liars, liars. Don't believe it.

I agree. Its sad how people fall for this political ploy. What these idiots should do is cut spending and just give us massive tax cuts.

#841847 --- 07/14/08 09:59 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: amazed]
SFisWonderful Offline

Sooo if we dont vote for Obama, then A) we dont vote or B) we vote for McCain.

Voting for McCain would just lead this country down the same path that we have been down for the last 8 years. Wars, lies, and an even worse economy (higher gas prices, Indians not paying taxes, higher taxes for the hardworking American, and more people without jobs).

I say Obama is the lesser of the two evils.

#841863 --- 07/14/08 10:23 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: SFisWonderful]
Dan Druff Offline

Sooo if we dont vote Obama in then A) we dont vote or B) we vote for McCain.

Voting for McCain would just lead this country down the same path that we have been down for the last 8 years. Wars, lies, and an even worse economy (higher gas prices, Indians not paying taxes, higher taxes for the hardworking American, and more people without jobs).

You people sound so ignorant when you think there are only two candidates to vote for. You all complain about civil liberties and fiscal responsibility of the gov't and how Obama and McCain fail to give you what you want in a presidential candidate. The party platform that you want is the Libertarian party (http://www.lp.org/). Check their website, their platform and how they feel about the issues. Then check out their candidates(www.bobbarr2008.com) and make an educated vote on Nov. 4th.

#841868 --- 07/14/08 10:44 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: Dan Druff]
SFisWonderful Offline

Originally Posted By: Dan Druff

Sooo if we dont vote Obama in then A) we dont vote or B) we vote for McCain.

You people sound so ignorant when you think there are only two candidates to vote for. You all complain about civil liberties and fiscal responsibility of the gov't and how Obama and McCain fail to give you what you want in a presidential candidate. The party platform that you want is the Libertarian party (http://www.lp.org/). Check their website, their platform and how they feel about the issues. Then check out their candidates(www.bobbarr2008.com) and make an educated vote on Nov. 4th.

Sounds like Barr has a lot of good points! I am just saying I would not vote for McCain because he is in favor of way too many issues that I am not.

#841876 --- 07/14/08 10:57 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: SFisWonderful]
Brad ONeill Offline

I am just saying I would not vote for McCain because he is in favor of way too many issues that I am not.

Like what?? Lower taxes for everyone and keeping you safe from the people that would love to kill you?

#841877 --- 07/14/08 11:12 PM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: Brad ONeill]
SFisWonderful Offline

Originally Posted By: Brad ONeill
I am just saying I would not vote for McCain because he is in favor of way too many issues that I am not.

Like what?? Lower taxes for everyone and keeping you safe from the people that would love to kill you?

And who are the "people that would love to kill you?" If you are speaking of terrorist. I believe that "war" is over, if you can even call it a war. The war on terrorism is just another excuse for GW Bush to be in some type of war and waste more precious $$$.

I feel that we can strengthen our security at airports and other major places but I dont think we have moved forward one bit since 9-11-01. Bin Laden wants us to live in fear and feel like we need to have our troops EVERYWHERE. He loves people like you, always waiting for the next bad thing to happen, always scared, and just waiting for the next 9-11.

McCain is in favor of indians having sovereign nations. How would this LOWER our taxes when we have to make up for the deadbeats?

#841997 --- 07/15/08 09:28 AM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: SFisWonderful]
Brad ONeill Offline

And who are the "people that would love to kill you?" If you are speaking of terrorist. I believe that "war" is over, if you can even call it a war. The war on terrorism is just another excuse for GW Bush to be in some type of war and waste more precious $$$.

I feel that we can strengthen our security at airports and other major places but I dont think we have moved forward one bit since 9-11-01. Bin Laden wants us to live in fear and feel like we need to have our troops EVERYWHERE. He loves people like you, always waiting for the next bad thing to happen, always scared, and just waiting for the next 9-11.

McCain is in favor of indians having sovereign nations. How would this LOWER our taxes when we have to make up for the deadbeats?

LOL, yeah nobody wants to attack America.

I dont live in fear, I and others in my family have seen the enemy face to face and we dont fear them, we kill them in order to stop a future attack like 9-11. They took 3000 of our people in one attack, we repay the favor. You just keep believing the war against us is over and we will keep making sure you are safe.

Indians should have soverign nations, that was part of the treaties with them.

The best way to lower taxes is to cut out the obscene spending that goes on.

Edited by Brad ONeill (07/15/08 09:31 AM)

#842000 --- 07/15/08 09:38 AM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: Brad ONeill]
Yetta Nother Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sunny and warm

LOL, yeah nobody wants to attack America.

I dont live in fear, I and others in my family have seen the enemy face to face and we dont fear them, we kill them in order to stop a future attack like 9-11. They took 3000 of our people in one attack, we repay the favor. You just keep believing the war against us is over and we will keep making sure you are safe.

Indians should have soverign nations, that was part of the treaties with them.

The best way to lower taxes is to cut out the obscene spending that goes on.

OMG....someone with a half a brain.

#842001 --- 07/15/08 09:46 AM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: Yetta Nother]
Harley Offline

Loc: Waterloo NY
stimulus checks are like putting a band-aid on the titanic....I saw lower the gas prices and lower taxes

Who lit the fuse on her tampon??

#842002 --- 07/15/08 09:48 AM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: Harley]
Brad ONeill Offline

Originally Posted By: Harley
stimulus checks are like putting a band-aid on the titanic....

Exactly, the underlying problem needs to be fixed. Those stupid stimulus checks were a way to give the sheeple a false sense of economic security.

Edited by Brad ONeill (07/15/08 09:49 AM)

#842007 --- 07/15/08 10:05 AM Re: Another round of Stimulus checks on October? [Re: Brad ONeill]
Gossipgrl Offline

Argh. How come I ask one question- and all the nimrods come out spatting about who to vote for, and who not too? Everyone has opinions.. but give it a rest.

Noone said I was voting for Obama. Maybe I would have.. if he didn't have the old hag attached to his hip now. Don't care for Mccain either. Face the facts- it's going to be one of them. Not some nobody that half the world hasn't even heard of. Frankly, I don't give a hoot who becomes the next president. All that ever becomes of it every year.. is a bunch of empty promises. Not even worth the gas to drive down and vote.

I'm really sick of hearing people complain about the stimulus checks. Mine helped me pay off a few smaller bills.. and took me on a mini vacation to Canada. It's money in your pocket, that you wouldn't have had. Maybe you blew it.. maybe it's still sitting in the bank, maybe you never got it because you were a loser who couldnt even work long enough to make 3,000 dollars. Either way.. it came.. (well.. mine did anyway, lol) and I'm happy it did. It's the same people who complain about them being sent out, that went and cashed the check 5 mins after it came.

There. That's my opinion.

Oh, and back to the question I asked to begin with. Google's a wonderful thing. I saw nothing about more checks being sent on in Oct. What I did find, was it being said that you had to file your taxes BY october to be eligible for it. Not that anyone cares..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >