FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#789722 --- 04/15/08 11:11 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Ovidian]
flbuldog Offline

Loc: USA

Quote:
I'm sure there are some responsible tiger owners out there as well.

Its not nice to make coffee come out my nose! LOL you crack me up. Death by beagle? lets talk about the Labrador that bit his owners face off while she was so high on prescription drugs she didn't even know it till hours later.

I hear ya. It's gettin pretty ugly out there. Some breeds are more work than others and there are lots of lazy people out there that want the extreme dog without the extreme work. It's very disheartening.

FingerLakes1.com
#789725 --- 04/15/08 11:54 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: flbuldog]
AbuDhabi Offline

Loc: Doha, Qatar
Originally Posted By: flbuldog
lets talk about the Labrador that bit his owners face off while she was so high on prescription drugs she didn't even know it till hours later.

He was just trying to get her into rehab...

#789732 --- 04/16/08 02:57 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: AbuDhabi]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
It's those hard drugs again. Probably Prozac. If she'd been using cannabis, maybe she wouldn't have been such an insufferable flamer as to cause her dog to try to take her head off, piece by piece.

#789932 --- 04/16/08 09:27 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: flbuldog]
marlboronymom Offline

Loc: Marlboro, NY

Quote:

Its not nice to make coffee come out my nose! LOL you crack me up. Death by beagle? lets talk about the Labrador that bit his owners face off while she was so high on prescription drugs she didn't even know it till hours later.

I hear ya. It's gettin pretty ugly out there. Some breeds are more work than others and there are lots of lazy people out there that want the extreme dog without the extreme work. It's very disheartening.

Is it just me flbuldog, or does it seem like this couple on ELR are getting away with a ton of $#!+ that you or I wouldn't be allowed to get away with?! If either of us had an aggressive dog that got out ( note I said dog, not pack like those dim wits have) the AWO,ACO,DG or "whom ever" is in charge would be all over us! (Can't even begin to imagine what would happen if one attempted to attack a person and cause them to climb up a telephone pole.)

But I guess that is the difference between running a legitimate animal rescue group vs being an irresponsible individual who has no consideration for their neighbors.

#789943 --- 04/16/08 09:49 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Ovidian]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: Ovidian
Yes I see disfigurement, maiming, and death by beagle numbers have been steadily increasing. Breed does matter. There is truth to what you say about owners though. Unfortunatley alot of people that seek out this breed are a-holes. Note that I said alot and not all. I'm sure there are some responsible tiger owners out there as well.

I have to agree with you on that point and it's those people who give the breed a bad name. Any breed has the potential to be vicious if made to behave that way. Right now the breed choice is the Pit...past years it has been ...

Rottweilers
German Shepherds
Huskies
Alaskan Malamutes
Doberman Pinschers
Chow Chows
Great Danes
St. Bernards
Akitas

Should all those breeds be done away with too?

#789948 --- 04/16/08 10:17 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: flbuldog]
Yetta Nother Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sunny and warm

Quote:

Hell....there was someone I went to school with who was high on drugs and shot himself in the roof of the mouth and never even knew it until the next day. How nuts is that?

#789949 --- 04/16/08 10:22 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Carerinoa]
DogsRPpl2 Offline

Loc: here
I have to say, that as I was reading the beginning of this post, I was glad to see that the focus was on the owner and not the dogs. However, as with most pitbull stories, it always turns into the dogs fault. Anyone who has done their research on Pitbulls will know that these animals are one of the most people pleasing breeds you can find. They do what they are told to do....by humans! Any animal can be MADE to be vicious. I am so sick and tired of the ignorance surrounding this breed. Most of the people that I meet that say they hate pitbulls have never even met one, and as soon as they do, their opinions quickly change.

#789957 --- 04/16/08 10:50 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: DogsRPpl2]
Carerinoa Offline

I have one of the sweetest pits that we rescued 2 yrs ago she was 6 months old then. She can't do enough to make people happy and her tail well actually her whole body never stops wagging. We recently had a kitten adopt us and she right away started to mother it never having pups of her own. She's so vicious.

#789968 --- 04/16/08 11:04 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Carerinoa]
DogsRPpl2 Offline

Loc: here
I rescued a Pit bull mix from Beverly Animal Shelter last October, she is the light of my life. I swear, she would go to work so I could sit home all day if my boss would let her. I don't know how'd she'd type with out thumbs though \:\) I would attach a picture, but I do not know how to do that. But any of those people who remember Dottie from the Bervely Animal shelter, that is my dog, her name is Mya now.

#789974 --- 04/16/08 11:10 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: DogsRPpl2]
Carerinoa Offline

I would rescue another Pitbull in a heartbeat if the budget allowed it. She has brought a lot of happiness and laughter to us. I swear she is mixed with cat if I didnt know better.

These dogs don't want to do the things they are forced to by ignorant owners. I wish others would just understand that!!!

#790014 --- 04/16/08 12:32 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: aaddgg]
kimmer Offline

Loc: here,there and back again
Originally Posted By: aaddgg
Everyone on this forum really haven't got a clue as to what is going on with these kids. I am their neighbor and I see and hear so mch of what is going on. I am their neighbor in he 5000 block of E. Lake Rd. These kids will be here for a long time... they are a great family. you should get to know them before you jump on the bandwagon and bash them. I stood on my patio Saturday during and after this "incident". Mr. Whitley and the dogs approached this woman and her dog; the dogs sniffed at her dog. A silver Volvo pulled up and the woman refused a ride iitially but eventuall got in after Mr. Whitley suggested that she did. I am no eavesdropper, but I could certainly hear Mr. Whitley call the Sheriff's dept. Two Sheriffs came, one being the canine unit. The canine Sheriff came back again and I could hear him tell Mr. Whitle and Ms. Corcoran that the walker assured him that the dogs were merely sniffing her dogs in a curious manner and weren't threatening. It's crazy to me that every time these kids bring their dogs outside, they get harassed. Dangerous dog tickets for incidents where if it were any other dog, nothing would happen! These kids do have cameras on their property; you can see the inferred at nighttime You people act like everything gets swept under the rug, but did you ever stop to think that their cameras do tell all and the situations are being misreported? I am sure one of the eight or so cameras got footage of Saturday's event and I really do feel that if this woman attempts to continue on with a fabrication, eventually she will be prosecuted too. These false reports have to get prosecuted, it's the law. I really encourage you all to know them before ou speak and jump on the badwagon. Our kids and cats play around and with them and they truly are a nice family.

Are you the neighbor that is related to these people?

#790022 --- 04/16/08 12:46 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: kimmer]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
Their(her) relatives live in the 4000 block (lol) about 3/4's+ of a mile away. Trust me that was typed by MR. WHITLESS himself or his woman.. she's the only literate one.

#790026 --- 04/16/08 12:51 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: kimmer]
Shalom Offline

Loc: geneva new york
You can't possibly live on East Lake Road in the town of Varick, next to THESE dog owners.

I, too, have had encounters with this man and with some of his dogs and there is nothing nice about any of them.

I will fully support any action that will lead to the removal of these animals from that property.

If someone has already contacted one of the TV stations, please state so here. Otherwise, I would be happy to do so!

#790030 --- 04/16/08 12:53 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Shalom]
Shalom Offline

Loc: geneva new york
I agree with Jellshot - that post must have been done by the dog owner!

#790091 --- 04/16/08 02:13 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Shalom]
kimmer Offline

Maybe they should be considerate to their neighbors and dogs and get invisible fencing.

#790098 --- 04/16/08 02:33 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Gio]
GGirl Offline

With all the money she has spent on camera's maybe she could buy a fence to inclose her yard. If they want to bread dogs at least buy a house with alot of land around it, so you are not interfering with your neighbors.

#790104 --- 04/16/08 02:37 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: GGirl]
kimmer Offline

She's supposedly an engineer maybe she can whip up a nice fence for the yard. How many dogs does currently have? Does she breed these dogs for sale? If she does, it would make more sense to keep these animals with kennels and runs for each individual dog.

#790110 --- 04/16/08 02:45 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: kimmer]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
Actually they own 4 acres of property, mostly woods straight out back of their house.

#790113 --- 04/16/08 02:50 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Jelloshot]
GGirl Offline

So why don't they keep the dogs out back.

#790114 --- 04/16/08 02:51 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: GGirl]
kimmer Offline

Why would anyone want to let their dogs run loose in the first place? Again, are these people breeders or are these just pets?

Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 20 >