FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#787872 --- 04/12/08 02:17 PM East Lake Rd. Pitbulls
hopefull Offline

Loc: seneca county
Anyone know what happened on East Lake Rd. today at the pitbull breeders? Rumor has it that some of his dogs went after someone today and there dog. Another summer with the pitbulls....

FingerLakes1.com
#787927 --- 04/12/08 04:40 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: hopefull]
all seeing eye Online   content

Loc: Seneca Lake
I think that is true and that the dog control guy was not available.

Harry S. Truman

#787944 --- 04/12/08 06:25 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: all seeing eye]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
Not available or afraid of the owner!

#787955 --- 04/12/08 07:18 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Carerinoa]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
"or afraid of the owner!"

I think not. After all, no matter what the situation, police backup is always available, and in a situation as notorious as this one, I don't think the cops are going to take any crap from the guy; it's a major and long-existing public safety issue.

#787997 --- 04/12/08 09:04 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: VM Smith]
Carerinoa Offline

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: VM Smith
"or afraid of the owner!"

I think not. After all, no matter what the situation, police backup is always available, and in a situation as notorious as this one, I don't think the cops are going to take any crap from the guy; it's a major and long-existing public safety issue.

This is a quote from a previous thread about this lunitic....that is why I posted what I did...

Originally Posted By: Jelloshot
This guy is an idiot, a MAJOR loose cannon his dogs are very dangerous and there are numerous other stories about his dogs cornering people, treeing people, attacking other dogs and just roaming around, he "trains" them by having them pull a weighted stone sled around his yard. But its always everyone elses fault, never his dogs, he is a LOSER of the first class. The cops wont even go there without TWO officers.

#788007 --- 04/12/08 09:20 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Carerinoa]
avalon Offline

Loc: seneca co
Wasn't the house in foreclosure? What is he still doing there?

#788010 --- 04/12/08 09:31 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: avalon]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
"The cops wont even go there without TWO officers."

And my point is that everybody is just about sick of this guy, including the neighbors, judges, and cops. If this guy ever attacks the cops, he's liable to be shot, and few would miss him.

#788016 --- 04/12/08 10:16 PM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: VM Smith]
all seeing eye Online   content

Loc: Seneca Lake
My sources say that she is as bad as he is. The only innnocents on the property are the children, who did not chose their paretns and the dogs, who may be so damaged they cn't be d\salvaged.

Harry S. Truman

#788137 --- 04/13/08 07:52 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: hopefull]
Deadeye1 Offline

Loc: Seneca Co.
Here is the story on the "East Lake Road" pitt bulls.
On Saturday a person was walking their dog down East Lake Road passing by the house where the pitt bulls live. The bulls were outside with their owner and when said person walked by, the 6 pitt bulls ran out of their yard and across the road and attacked the dog walking by. A passer by in a car saved the walker and her dog from further injury by stopping and getting her in their car.
Bottom line of this story is last summer the East Lake Road residents were harassed by this man and his dogs. Walkers and joggers were attacked, a cat was killed and neighbors were forced to be aware as to whether the pitt bulls were outside when they wanted to be outside themselves. The town officials were brought into the mix, summons were served and all court sessions were attended by some of the concerned residents. The ones who didn't attend were afraid to make waves for fear of retribution as they lived in close proximity to this man and these dogs.
To make a long story short, through all the court sessions and summons servings, nothing of any value was done. The only thing that was accomplished was the pitt bull owner got to keep his dogs and had another litter of pups.
Winter came and not many people walked by and the bulls were brought inside the house for the winter so things were quiet.
So here we are with people out and about again walking down the road and are now being attacked by the grown up puppies too.
There is a lot more to this story than there is room for here but I want everyone to know that everything that could have been done by the dog warden and the residents was done. Following up by the public officials was not done. Things got swept under the rug.
We as residents are on a mission now to fix this problem once and for all. I believe it has been called "taking our neighborhood back". We will just keep going higher until we find someone who can and will help.
So now you know some of the FACTS. There is no gossip or rumor involved here as this was sent to you from someone who has been involved from the beginning.
Just pm me if you have any questions.
Thank you.

#788153 --- 04/13/08 08:27 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Deadeye1]
avalon Offline

Loc: seneca co
Have neighbors gone to Varick Town Board meetings and complained about these
dogs and owners? It's unbelievable that dangerous dogs of this caliber are allowed
to remain in the hands of an obviously incompetent owner in a residential area.
Aren't dogs like these considered "weapons" in other areas...like cities.

When a child is killed, then something will be done...maybe.

#788156 --- 04/13/08 08:33 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: avalon]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
yes, and the some of the old board and some of the new board think we are over reacting and NOTHING has been done. They(the board) were given NYS Ag and Market laws for dangerous dogs, for a standard to address a local town ordinance and felt we didnt need it.

#788161 --- 04/13/08 08:39 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Jelloshot]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

I hope the victim and her dog are ok, and I hope she called 911.

#788165 --- 04/13/08 08:41 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Jelloshot]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
If there really was an attack I do not understand how it could be "swept under the rug"??? If the town board will do nothing what about a state agency?

#788167 --- 04/13/08 08:45 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Gio]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

There have been NUMEROUS attacks, the old Town board and Dog officer felt the state laws were enough and that we(they) dont need a local ordinance that would mirror the state law. Since the new board has been there, as far as I know, nothing has been addressed, it did get pushed aside with the elections.

#788189 --- 04/13/08 09:33 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Deadeye1]
Blue Sky Offline

Loc: Right Here
I have been following this story here on FL1 and in the paper. It is a shame that people in the neighborhood have to live in fear.

It appears that the people in your area have tried to take the necessary steps to restore safety to the neighborhood. Unfortunately, the powers to be have not listened. Maybe it is time to take it up a level. If I lived near there, I would be calling all the TV stations ~~ I think most of them have segments re "What's Your Problem That You Can't Get Solved?"

Good luck. I truly hope you find a resolution before someone is seriously hurt or killed.

#788190 --- 04/13/08 09:34 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Jelloshot]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

unbelievable.

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

#788197 --- 04/13/08 09:56 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Gio]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

I have, this morning, been in contact with our supervisor and I am giving the "new" town board a chance. The judge needs to have these dogs put down, and Mr. Whitless needs to be banned from breeding dogs, no more screwing around with this dirtbag.

#788198 --- 04/13/08 09:57 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Carerinoa]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Originally Posted By: Carerinoa
Not available or afraid of the owner!

He's on vacation.

#788202 --- 04/13/08 10:05 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Jelloshot]
Ovidian Offline
Silver Member

Loc: gone
Originally Posted By: Jelloshot
I have, this morning, been in contact with our supervisor and I am giving the "new" town board a chance. The judge needs to have these dogs put down, and Mr. Whitless needs to be banned from breeding dogs, no more screwing around with this dirtbag.
Good luck! I've got five bucks that says nothing gets done until there is serious injury. In S.C. anything goes.

#788205 --- 04/13/08 10:10 AM Re: East Lake Rd. Pitbulls [Re: Ovidian]
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Hey there are some nice homes for sale on this side of the lake. Come on over guys....

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 ... 19 20 >