FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#781469 --- 03/31/08 03:10 PM Re: Transgender Man To Give Birth [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Yetta Nother Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sunny and warm
Originally Posted By: TRD_Tacoma
Originally Posted By: Yetta Nother
I think the whole thing is freakin bizzare. The poor child will be so confused in life. Why is all I want to know.

I highly doubt the kid will be confused at all. Most likely the kid will have a higher degree of understanding when it comes to accepting people for being different than the "Norm".

Possibly....it's hard to say. I think the child will end up getting alot of flack from this situation.

FingerLakes1.com
#781488 --- 03/31/08 03:51 PM Re: Transgender Man To Give Birth [Re: Yetta Nother]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Children get ridicule from other children regardless. From what I have witnissed, non-traditional parents really go the extra distance to ensure that their children are able to cope and understand. I would have much more concern for a child born into a family that has a history of violence over a child that has non-traditional parents, such as transgendered people or gay/lesbian couples.

#781503 --- 03/31/08 04:39 PM Re: Transgender Man To Give Birth [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Saphire Offline

Loc: Through the Looking Glass
Originally Posted By: Yetta Nother
I think the whole thing is freakin bizzare. The poor child will be so confused in life. Why is all I want to know.

I highly doubt the kid will be confused at all. Most likely the kid will have a higher degree of understanding when it comes to accepting people for being different than the "Norm".

I agree..I think this child, because it was born into such a non-traditional atmosphere will have a much greater understanding of what "is" and what most people "think" is "normal"..

The only way to find out is to wait and see...Anything else is pure speculation...No one can say for sure how the situation will turn out.

#782168 --- 04/01/08 03:58 PM Re: Transgender Man To Give Birth [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
Yetta Nother Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Sunny and warm
Children get ridicule from other children regardless. From what I have witnissed, non-traditional parents really go the extra distance to ensure that their children are able to cope and understand. I would have much more concern for a child born into a family that has a history of violence over a child that has non-traditional parents, such as transgendered people or gay/lesbian couples.

I completely agree that I would rather have my child raised by a transgender than a physical abuser. People who physically abuse have much worse underlying issues.

#782237 --- 04/01/08 06:16 PM Re: Transgender Man To Give Birth [Re: past tense]
VM Smith Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: Ship of Fools
"when some dude is trying to wrestle his daughter into a stall in the men's room looking like a deer caught in the headlights..."

Jeez. If you keep hanging out in men's rooms, you're bound to run into Larry Craig, sooner or later.

#782244 --- 04/01/08 06:28 PM Re: Transgender Man To Give Birth [Re: Rick-the-Builder]
MorganHills Offline

Loc: On a tangent
absolutely! \:\)

#782472 --- 04/02/08 12:05 AM Re: Transgender Man To Give Birth [Re: MorganHills]
SilverFox Offline

Loc: Waterloo
Oprah's Thursday show is going to have this "man" and his wife as guests.

#782638 --- 04/02/08 09:16 AM Re: Transgender Man To Give Birth [Re: SilverFox]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
It might be an intersting show. I would imagine that if this individual was willing to go off his hormone treatments in order to be able to conceive and to give his wife the child she wants, these two people must be very much in love and this child is very much wanted. It's too bad more of the children born today are not born into families that truely want children.

#784312 --- 04/04/08 04:34 PM Re: Transgender Man To Give Birth [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
stargatersg1 Offline

Loc: Geneva, NY
It might be an intersting show. I would imagine that if this individual was willing to go off his hormone treatments in order to be able to conceive and to give his wife the child she wants, these two people must be very much in love and this child is very much wanted. It's too bad more of the children born today are not born into families that truely want children.

That may be all well and good, but it's misleading and is media crazy. I congradulate them and wish them the best BUT...."He" is NOT a he. She may look like a man and act like a man and even legally be declared a man..BUT genetically SHE is a woman. DNA will show she is female and she has all of the reproductive organs of a female , so I say What's the big freaking deal. It's another woman having a baby. They are clearly just two lesbians having a baby together.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2