FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#869220 --- 08/27/08 08:15 AM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: ]
Gold Member

Speaking of scum, how's the squatter making out in his effort to keep posession of property he doesn't own?

FingerLakes1.com
#869223 --- 08/27/08 08:17 AM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: ]
Greymane Offline

Loc: Central PA
Lost me. What squatter is that?

#869229 --- 08/27/08 08:21 AM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Greymane]
Gold Member

Morse.

#869230 --- 08/27/08 08:23 AM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: ]
Footstepsabove Offline

Originally Posted By: Festus!
Originally Posted By: Greymane
What it means is -

THE JURY'S OPINION IS THE ONLY OPINION THAT MATTERS.

And, that would be the jury that said Leo was guilty of official misconduct for attempting to retaliate against citizens of this county? Such a weak case and he was still found guilty. At least he has your support, Festus.

You DO realize that he was CLEARED of the most serious felony charges, don't you?

Just an impression here, as I have no idea the specifics of how or why the jury would find him not guilty of the other "more serious" charges like offering a false instrument for filing, etc.:

In reading the news reports on the daily testimony it struck me as interesting that evidence was offered up that former County Manager Sharon Secor sent an email to a constituent that basically said that when Leo signed off on the Florida trip it was done properly. If it was done properly, then fine, he was not guilty of that charge. On the other hand, if Ms. Secor was doing what a great many of the "high level" government managers and department heads often do, it could be possible that her email was just a "CYA" to keep the questions at bay and the heat off a situation that could potentially embarrass the bosses. This is done all the time by managers or administrators or department heads, and not just in the public sector. In this day and age, putting things in writing can go both ways, and more often than not the "powers that be" have no idea how much is actually documented.

I'm not saying this is what the jury would have said to themselves when considering those kinds of charges, but if it were me I would have to consider that the evidence could go either way and in that case he lucks out.

#869241 --- 08/27/08 08:36 AM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Footstepsabove]
Gold Member

He was also cleared of a perjury charge.

#869242 --- 08/27/08 08:36 AM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Greymane]
Gold Member

Lost me. What squatter is that?

http://forums.fingerlakes1.com/ubbthread...true#Post775777

#869258 --- 08/27/08 09:11 AM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: ]
sour mash man Offline

Loc: ny
Connolly is only guilty of creating an environment within the dept of entitlement to a few select individuals. In the end, they all turned on him!!!

#869261 --- 08/27/08 09:13 AM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: ]
Greymane Offline

Oh, that squatter. No clue. Don't really care.

When you say Leo was cleared, what you really mean is "he was not found guilty" which in no way, shape or form is the same as "he never did it". It is also possible that every single person in the jury believes he did it, but felt that the legal threshold was not met for a guilty verdict.

#869378 --- 08/27/08 12:36 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Greymane]
Gold Member

I hope if YOU are ever charged with a crime that the jury wants to see a legal threshold met before finding you guilty.

#869413 --- 08/27/08 01:37 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: ]
Greymane Offline

Will you for one minute stop with all this "he was not convicted of this" or "so and so made him do this" or "he was just a pawn". The man was FOUND GUILTY of commiting a crime while in the office of county sheriff. There is NO excuse for that. He ONLY violated the trust of the residents of this county and targeted the very people that pay his salary. That's all.

#869416 --- 08/27/08 01:43 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Buddy]
waterloo guy Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Buddy
He can't be sentenced to state prison for misdemeaners, county jail, with good time. I would say 5 yrs probation, what do you want the man to die in jail

yes

#869418 --- 08/27/08 01:44 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Greymane]
Gold Member

He was found guilty of 2 out of 7 charges. YOU, and others like you, keep insisting that he was guilty of ALL charges even though the Jury said "NOT GUILTY" on MOST charges (the Judge threw one out before trial - what's that say about the quality of the indictment?). He was found NOT GUILTY of the most serious felony charges. But you continue to insist he was guilty of ALL charges.

#869431 --- 08/27/08 01:57 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: ]
Greymane Offline

Show me one post where I said he was guilty of all charges. I never said he was guilty of anything but being stupid and incompetent before the jury came back.

#869448 --- 08/27/08 02:07 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Senecamom]
waterloo guy Offline

Originally Posted By: senecamom
Swinehart testified the on May 30th when Connolly returned from Grand Jury investigation he said "had to dance around a bit" referring to Tantillo's questioning and said "If he kept asking there would have been trouble".....

sounds to me like leo was lucky that more charges weren't brought against him.

#869609 --- 08/27/08 05:37 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Greymane]
Gold Member

Show me one post where I said he was guilty of all charges. I never said he was guilty of anything but being stupid and incompetent before the jury came back.

Right here.

When you say Leo was cleared, what you really mean is "he was not found guilty" which in no way, shape or form is the same as "he never did it". It is also possible that every single person in the jury believes he did it, but felt that the legal threshold was not met for a guilty verdict.

#874683 --- 09/03/08 09:23 AM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: waterloo guy]
waterloo guy Offline

Originally Posted By: waterloo guy
Originally Posted By: MAKOLLIG JEZVAHTED
Is Swinehart the kingpin? He had Larson's wife as his secretary, His ("son, nephew") in as a deputy, etc. Who really is the engineer of the train here?

angelo bianchi - guilty

leo connolly - guilty

jim larson - guilty

swineharts son/nephew - guilty

birds of a feather flock together.

so who is the kingpin? did we get them all?

#874692 --- 09/03/08 09:29 AM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: ]
Greymane Offline

Right here.

Ok, so you quoted me saying that it is possible that the jury believes he did it. Show me where I said he was guilty of all charges.

#874694 --- 09/03/08 09:32 AM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Greymane]
Gold Member

Right here.

Ok, so you quoted me saying that it is possible that the jury believes he did it. Show me where I said he was guilty of all charges.

#875069 --- 09/03/08 07:15 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: ]
Average Joeeeee Offline

Loc: Waterfalls NY
Well Festus, I don't see any wheres, Gray saying he is guilty of all charges but I will say he is guilty of enough and he should be locked up for two one year terms not to run concurrent and you can go to the court and cry and say good bye to your buddy. But will that happen? I doubt it. So you might not need your tissues. The same that happened to the rest will happen to him, I'm sure. So Festus, IN YOUR FACE!

#875072 --- 09/03/08 07:19 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Average Joeeeee]
Gold Member

He was, as you correctly point out, found guilty of only two of the least serious charges.

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >