FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#877003 --- 09/06/08 05:56 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: waterloo guy]
Hammer Offline

Loc: S.Seneca
I just see it different, Larson conned him, doesn't make him any less guilty but come on. Jail for an old man, what possible good could that do.

Sorry, but I don't find the age issue to be relevant to the issue of disregarding the law, be it as an elected official or a citizen. If the idiot who is getting off with a slap on the wrist was a "younger person," would the Court's determinations have differed?

To me, that is suggesting to our youth that you can be a crook but that you should take advantage of the Seneca County courts by not being "caught" until your are a "senior."

FingerLakes1.com
#877005 --- 09/06/08 05:59 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Hammer]
Lawrence Welk Offline

Loc: NY
That's suggesting that there are better things for Seneca County tax payers to be putting their money towards rather than putting it towards prisoning a senior citizen. Send him to some classes, take a large chunk of his money and make him pay it to the county, and be done with that whole mess for gods sake. I for one do not want to pay for him to be in jail, getting free meals and living(tax free) after he already jipped seneca county out of so much cash as it is. Am I right?

#877008 --- 09/06/08 06:03 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Lawrence Welk]
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
It serves no purpose to put the man in jail, fine the heck out of him and let the civil suits role in. They will destroy him financially. It bothers me that people want blood out of official misconduct, but baby rapers get 6 months. Probation and a fine.

#877019 --- 09/06/08 06:11 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: ]
Hammer Offline

Loc: S.Seneca
Festus,

Thank you for you thoughts. I had ZERO idea that you and Marshal Dillan aka Leo had invented KY jelly so long ago. Had you shared it with your fellow cowboys back then, you would be "riding" rich and fat from the profits!!

#877046 --- 09/06/08 07:01 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: ]
Gold Member

Originally Posted By: Hammer
Festus,

Thank you for you thoughts. I had ZERO idea that you and Marshal Dillan aka Leo had invented KY jelly so long ago. Had you shared it with your fellow cowboys back then, you would be "riding" rich and fat from the profits!!

Originally Posted By: Festus!
Steele supporters still have a lot of animosity.

#877049 --- 09/06/08 07:05 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Hammer]
Parzlou Offline

Loc: Not Sure
Been trying to avoid this but it has gotten the best of me and i can no longer stay out of it.
IMO Connolly is as dirty as the day is long ! period end of sentence . Now was this proven in a court of law ...... ?... NO on 5 of 7 counts...... BUT !!!! there were 2 convictions of criminal acts by A jury of an acting sheriff and this IMO is deplorable and needs to be acted upon swiftly and as severely as the law will allow. I have also heard around the towns that this man who was sheriff at the time and his deputies were all unwilling minions of the evil mr larson.
Now there is also no question that mr Larson is a convicted criminal and clearly played his part in this whole travesty, and this sheriff and his sworn deputies were only human and people make mistakes maybe we should cut them a break....... BUT ! ! ! ! come on people lets think about this. These people were an elected official and sworn deputies to uphold the laws that govern are society. ....nope sorry cant do it THESE GUYS WERE COPS THEY KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING WAS NOT RIGHT and was against the law.... and they should be, and need to be held to a higher standard

#877053 --- 09/06/08 07:12 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Parzlou]
Wyatt Earp Offline

Loc: Right behind you, Stilwell
They should be held accountable for what was proven. The two the DA is letting off should also be held to account.

#877055 --- 09/06/08 07:14 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Wyatt Earp]
Buddy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Southend {Mars}
In my humble opinion, we should get this over with and let this heal and get on with whatever. We have beat this horse to death. I guess Judge Falvey will have the final say. Then it is over.

#1209024 --- 08/17/10 09:46 PM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Greymane]
Festis Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Greymane
Originally Posted By: Greymane
What it means is -

THE JURY'S OPINION IS THE ONLY OPINION THAT MATTERS.

And, that would be the jury that said Leo was guilty of official misconduct for attempting to retaliate against citizens of this county? Such a weak case and he was still found guilty. At least he has your support, Festus.

You DO realize that he was CLEARED of the most serious felony charges, don't you?

I DON'T CARE THAT HE WAS CLEARED ON SOME CHARGES. He was the HEAD LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER IN THE COUNTY and used his office to harass and intimidate people he was sworn to protect. Scum in each and every sense of the word.

Final answer???

NOT GUILTY OF ALL CHARGES!!!!!!!!!!!

#1209097 --- 08/18/10 09:09 AM Re: Date set for Connolly's trial [Re: Festis]
kyle585 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Somewhere out there
Also found not guilty:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1355/is_n24_v88/ai_17446892/

The trial of the century, as the double homicide trial of O.J. Simpson has been called, is over but the speculation over how and why he was found not guilty is still running sky high.

For those who want to overhaul the jury system, he said "it's not the jury system they ought to get rid of. It's lying policemen."

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10