FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#757590 --- 02/22/08 05:45 AM Netflix is so much more
~Ellie~ Offline

Loc: FL1 Auxiliary Member 506
Anyone thinking about getting Nexflix? I have it and netflix is so much more now with the unlimited instant down loads. In additions to downloading movies you can also view a large selection of TV series, sports events, and cardiovascular exercises workout videos including Yoga, Pilates, and even kickboxing. There are also member reviews that give helpful feedback. They offer several different plans, mine is the 2 movies delivered at-a-time (w/Unlimited downloads) for $13.99 a month but the 1 at-a-time (w/Unlimited) for $8.99 a month is a good deal too. And their preview feature is great, you can watch tons of trailers. If you love movies netflix is the way to go.

FingerLakes1.com
#757748 --- 02/22/08 09:53 AM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: ~Ellie~]
CastleCreek Offline

Loc: Geneva NY
I had netflix for about two years then switched to blockbuster... I switched back to netflix about 6 months ago and it's still great. I only have the one at a time plan and they limit how much you can watch online but i still think it's great.

#757765 --- 02/22/08 10:17 AM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: CastleCreek]
~Ellie~ Offline

Originally Posted By: CastleCreek
I had netflix for about two years then switched to blockbuster... I switched back to netflix about 6 months ago and it's still great. I only have the one at a time plan and they limit how much you can watch online but i still think it's great.

yup, your plan is about $5, for $3 more you could get the unlimited instant downloads which is a very good deal since we're talking about an extra $3 per month.

#757772 --- 02/22/08 10:29 AM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: ~Ellie~]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
I just recently signed up for the 2 at a time/unlimited per month. So far I love it. Certainly much less expensive in the long run then watching movies on Pay Per View.

#757801 --- 02/22/08 11:10 AM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: TRD_Tacoma]
~Ellie~ Offline

Yes it is much better than PayPerView. Plus you can log into your account from any PC, now how cool is that? Psst don't let the boss know! ;\)

#757817 --- 02/22/08 11:20 AM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: ~Ellie~]
TRD_Tacoma Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Rochester
Shhhh, don't tell him!

#757836 --- 02/22/08 12:11 PM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: ~Ellie~]
stargatersg1 Offline

Loc: Geneva, NY
Originally Posted By: ~Ellie~

yup, your plan is about $5, for $3 more you could get the unlimited instant downloads which is a very good deal since we're talking about an extra $3 per month.

Unlimited downloads??? Do you mean you can download a movie and watch it on your PC? Can it be saved to your PC so you can then burn it on a DVD?

#757859 --- 02/22/08 01:02 PM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: stargatersg1]
~Ellie~ Offline

Originally Posted By: stargatersg1

Unlimited downloads??? Do you mean you can download a movie and watch it on your PC?

Yes, movies, TV series, workout videos....

Can it be saved to your PC so you can then burn it on a DVD?

no, it can't be saved to your PC and no you can't burn it on a DVD ....BUT you can view it from ANY PC
...so if you're visiting a friend or family and you want to watch a movie, you can. And don't forget if you have a laptop w/wireless you're all set 24/7

#757886 --- 02/22/08 01:45 PM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: ~Ellie~]
stargatersg1 Offline

Unlimited downloads??? Do you mean you can download a movie and watch it on your PC?

no, it can't be saved to your PC and no you can't burn it on a DVD ....BUT you can view it from ANY PC
...so if you're visiting a friend or family and you want to watch a movie, you can. And don't forget if you have a laptop w/wireless you're all set 24/7

That sucks. I have a 50" plasma TV, why would I want to watch a movie on a PC? We have 19" screens on our PC but when I watch a movie I like to sit back and enjoy it..not crowd around a PC.

#757898 --- 02/22/08 02:01 PM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: ~Ellie~]
CastleCreek Offline

Loc: Geneva NY
My plan is one at a time unlimited at $8.99 a month. that works out for my becasue i never have time to watch more than one anyway. heck i've been known to keep a movie hanging around for a month or more sometimes. they get their moneys worth with me...

#757991 --- 02/22/08 04:26 PM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: stargatersg1]
~Ellie~ Offline

Lucky you to have the 50" TV. I have it set up so I can watch the movies on the PC from my recliner. It works for me.

#758021 --- 02/22/08 05:02 PM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: ~Ellie~]
lennon lives Offline

Loc: Waterloo, NY
i've had netflix for about 2 years, i have the unlimited 3 for 17.99, i watched 117 movies last year...love it

#758039 --- 02/22/08 05:24 PM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: stargatersg1]
Gold Member

That sucks. I have a 50" plasma TV, why would I want to watch a movie on a PC? We have 19" screens on our PC but when I watch a movie I like to sit back and enjoy it..not crowd around a PC.

connect the tv to the computer

#759586 --- 02/25/08 07:52 AM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: ]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
WE got a two month membership for Christmas, and I can not believe how quick the turn around is for movies-two days! Sweet! We're most likely going to sign up for a plan.

#759594 --- 02/25/08 08:26 AM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: ]
stargatersg1 Offline

Originally Posted By: Festus!

connect the tv to the computer

My TV is in the living room, my computer is in the den..too much of a hassle to move it.

#759595 --- 02/25/08 08:28 AM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: Jelloshot]
stargatersg1 Offline

Originally Posted By: Jelloshot
WE got a two month membership for Christmas, and I can not believe how quick the turn around is for movies-two days! Sweet! We're most likely going to sign up for a plan.

Blockbuster has just as quick a return time, PLUS I can take my movies back to the store and redeem them for still another movie.
I've never tried Netflix, but I'm staying with Blockbuster. I'm satisfied with their service.

#759611 --- 02/25/08 09:07 AM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: CastleCreek]
~Ellie~ Offline

Yeah I compared blockbuster and netflix and felt netflix was the better deal for my needs.

#759706 --- 02/25/08 02:14 PM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: ~Ellie~]
stargatersg1 Offline

Yeah I compared blockbuster and netflix and felt netflix was the better deal for my needs.

Of course everyone goes with the plan and the company that suits them best. My husband and I are big movie watchers. Our Collection is well past the 1000 mark. We have the 3 at a time plan. It works for us.

#760312 --- 02/26/08 02:11 PM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: stargatersg1]
Jelloshot Offline
Silver Member

Loc: Right behind you.
I didnt know Blockbuster even mailed movies! Anyways, living in the boonies, I think netflix works well for us.

#761324 --- 02/27/08 06:53 PM Re: Netflix is so much more [Re: Jelloshot]
MoodyCat Offline

Loc: South of 336
Netflix is great, especially with their unlimited viewing online for those with "unlimited" plans. I don't have cable or satellite and was spending upwards of $30-60 a month on buying/renting movies. Now I spend $25 a month and only buy a movie if I really like it/special occasion. The closest blockbuster is 30 minutes away so that was never an incentive. I also just found out that 2 people logged into netflix with the same account on 2 different computers can both view movies online @ the same time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >