FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#7449 --- 08/14/04 08:31 AM NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Loc: Out in the ozone
The Worlds's most successful sports franchise.

FingerLakes1.com
#7450 --- 08/16/04 01:56 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Elliot Offen Offline

Loc: riiiiiight???
Will Giambi make a difference down the stretch? He said he wants to be back. That lineup would be better with him in it, although Olerud is a class act, and a good fit with this team.

#7451 --- 08/16/04 06:57 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Yes, Giambi will make a difference. Unfortunately his return will probably mean the release of Tony Clark.

Newest Yankee: SHANE SPENCER ! ! !

Welcome back to my former favorite Yankee (after O'Neill retired).

#7452 --- 08/19/04 08:28 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Eddie, is Spencer going to shave that goat chin hair ??

#7453 --- 08/19/04 11:36 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES. . .
StillLearning Offline

...are the best!

#7454 --- 08/21/04 05:11 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Quote:

Eddie, is Spencer going to shave that goat chin hair ??

If he gets recalled from AAA he will. May have already shaved it.

Get the feeling the Yankees are treading water a litle bit right now. Lead over Dead Sox under double digits but no matter about that. Just get an unpleasnat feeling about the way things are going. 5-4 road trip but....

Game's back on. 4 hour rain delay??? Down 5-1.

LET'S GO BOMBERS!!!

#7455 --- 08/25/04 11:52 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

The Yanks go through this slumpy period every season. They went into it a few weeks earlier than normal this year. In years past when they've gone into these slumps, they've had dependable starting pitching. I'm not sure about that this year!

#7456 --- 08/29/04 06:58 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

4 and a half game lead right now. It's getting interesting. When do the Dead Sox come to town?

#7457 --- 09/03/04 06:29 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Much like the Yankees "woke up" last year after being no=hit by Houston, I hope they continue to have their eyes wide open after the 22-0 debacle. 2-0 since that game now. Schedule in near future favors the yankees rather than the Red Sox although Anaheim had to win games in Boston and just got swept. Texas coming to Boston must have wins too. Sox go out to Oakland soon. Hope we get some help from the A's because it looks like a dogfight the rest of the way.

Nice to see Steve Karsay back especially with the recent weak outings by Quantrill and Gordon. Any idea what the Giambi return schedule looks like?

Down the stretch pitching needs to suck it up and do their job. Especially disappointed with the inconsistencies of the starters Mussina and Vasquez and Brown. Torre knew going in that pitching was the key and the lack of dependability has put the yankees in this close division race now. Need the starters to step up big time, like Lieber did last night. Maybe Torre should raise his voice too. Sometimes a kick in the rear end is better than an arm around the shoulder regardless of who the player is.

#7458 --- 09/04/04 08:16 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Will someone, anyone please beat the Red Sox!!! This is getting old. If things keep going the way they've started this weekend, by the time the red Sox begin their game in Oakland on Monday night they could be...in first palce in the AL East. At that point I would have to give them kudos. Heck, they deserve a kudo or two right now, but I won't give 'em any.

Holy Moley, I just read on mlb.com that Kevin Brown punched a wall and broke his left hand now!!! Nice, realllly nice. So let's see, the yankees now have one dependable starter in El Duque. Maybe they should have found a way to get Randy Johnson last month (but never for Posada).

This could be a real memorable September in New York.

#7459 --- 09/08/04 09:38 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Brooklyn Offline

You know the old saying,what goes around comes around? ell could this be the year the Red Sox make up for 1947, '48, '49, '78.
-Brooklyn

#7460 --- 09/12/04 10:29 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

No, it won't be.

The Yankees motto over the last three weeks has been:

BEND...BUT DON'T BREAK

I cannot wait for this weekend's series in the Bronx. For the true baseball purist, THIS is what you live for.

#7461 --- 09/13/04 01:28 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

In a strange sort of way, I am disappointed The Bombers won't be seeing Schilling or (nemesis) Wakefield this week-end, unless Francona changes the rotation !

Here's what the rotation could look like:

Fri - El Duque vs Arroyo
Sat - Lieber vs Lowe
Sun - Mussina vs Pedro

#7462 --- 09/13/04 01:34 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Happy Birthday Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
Quote:

No, it won't be.

The Yankees motto over the last three weeks has been:

BEND...BUT DON'T BREAK

I cannot wait for this weekend's series in the Bronx. For the true baseball purist, THIS is what you live for.

maybe so but I would feel a whole lot better if they were 12+ games ahead of Boston.....

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

#7463 --- 09/13/04 08:08 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Highlander Offline

Question: Besides pitching, what scares you about this Yankee team this year ?

Answer: Their inability to hit with men in scoring position !

#7464 --- 09/14/04 07:02 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

High, I read your question, thought of my answer, then read your answer. We have the same answers. Men in scoring position looks like their Achilles heel.

In spite of the (another) embarrassing loss yesterday, at least when Boston comes to town on Friday, the Yankees will still be in first place. Albeit by possibly only a half game but still first place.

BEND BUT DON'T BREAK but let's get some consistent pitching. Oh and thanks again Kevin Brown. Your replacement did a helluva job yesterday, you moron (Brown).

#7465 --- 09/15/04 04:44 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Yankees 3 - Royals 0. Didn't know it was a getaway day afternoon game but looking at GameDay on mlb.com it looks like it was a textbook Yankee win. Starter goes 7, Gordon 1, and Mo gets the save.
Derek Jeter AGAIN leads his team to the victory, and how about that reject tony Clark. Doesn't play in a week and gets a dinger. Good choice Mr. Torre for your first baseman today.

Like I said textbook.

That's 4 and 1/2 now right? Hey Red Sox nation morons, let's hear it from you, you sorry bunch of second placers! See you in the Bronx this weekend. REALLY looking forward to it. Bring everything you got because we ain't backing down from you pansies.

Second place...get used to it.

#7466 --- 09/15/04 07:38 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

Did I hear right, a rookie, Metsy giveaway (going against Pedro) beat the Sox last night ????

#7467 --- 09/17/04 12:34 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Scott Kazmir beat him.

Regarding tonight's game, I smell a rainout. Too bad. That means a double header sometime this weekend and you can be sure it will be a day-nighter. George won't want to miss the revenue from 2 full houses in one day.

#7468 --- 09/18/04 07:46 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Of All the gin joints in all the world why did she...I mean, of all the pitchers at all the times during the season why did Rivera have to pick last night to be "off"? I fell asleep on the couch during the rain delay and the wife was nice enough to wake me up at the start of the 9th. 2-1 Yankees, Rivera pitching...GAME OVER! Big fat OUCH!

I also think Lofton should have laid out for that ball. Sheffield was right behind him. The hits the Red Sox got in the 9th were the same kind of hit(s) that Luis Gonzalez got when the Yankees lost the series to Arizona. Rivera doesn't seem to get hit hard when he pitches. He gives up these broken bat, seeing eye dunkers. That's gotta drive him crazy.

Kudos to Sturtze and Gordon.

We'll get 'em today.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >