FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#7569 --- 10/29/04 11:41 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Loc: Out in the ozone
So let me get this straight. You correctly did not watch games 1,2 & 3 and they won, right? You then watched game 4 and they lost, right? WHY DID YOU DO THAT??? Why did you watch? You planted the seed of negativity.

Not "nay" but "yea", you were part of the problem.

Who else?

FingerLakes1.com
#7570 --- 10/29/04 11:43 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
My mother hosted a birthday dinner for my spouse on game seven evening! Can you imagine that, I had to watch the beginning of the game from a different location than normal !?

Therefore, it is my mother-in-laws fault for giving birth to her third child many moons ago !

#7571 --- 10/29/04 11:47 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
see....I knew I was innocent....its Tino's fault! He should be burned at the stake by his own admission of guilt!!!

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

#7572 --- 10/29/04 12:12 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Tino's mother-in-law and mother are indirectly at fault.
Tino is at fault for watching in a different place.
Gio, you are not innocent. Accept responsibility for contributing to their failure. You do accept, yes?

There is no need to mete out punishment. The Yankees loss is our punishment. This isn't supposed to be like the Spanish Inquisition although
" NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!". This is more like a Washington investigation.

Who else?

#7573 --- 10/31/04 09:26 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

OK, my turn as it seems many have gone and hidden. I bought yankee bumper stickers and static cling decals on friday in Watkins Glen. Put some on the car, on mirrors, at home, put a message across the back window of my car (that i did take down after a half a day because it's not my style) that said "The Red Sox are like the wind..." on the left, then on the right I finished with "...they BLOW!"

Damage was done, my fault, I hurt my team.

Who else?

#7574 --- 11/04/04 07:08 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

New topic. Mel gone, Willie gone... Heard Mel might have been forced out. Knew he came back reluctantly last year. The pitching staff was his responsibility last year and it did have it's problems but in all fairness he had to work with a whoooole lot of new people and some had some serious problems during the year. Guess someone's gotta take the fall when you blow it like the Yankees did at the end.

Good luck Willie. You're going to need it.
Happy trails Mel. You were a rock.

#7575 --- 11/04/04 07:26 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

I'd like to see 'Louisiana Lightning' as Mel's replacement and Girardi sitting along side Torre on the bench!

Hey, Tino's a free agent!

We are Family !

#7576 --- 11/04/04 07:38 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Gio Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cleveland
I thought Mel was leaving at the end of this year anyways??? Did I misunderstand?

Willie to the Mets....THE METS!!??!!!

Proud PT Posse Member - Evil Brain Minion since 2008 - Doc's Boy

#7577 --- 11/04/04 07:41 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Tino's a free agent, hmmmm. Bring him back where though? The Yankees right now have 4 first baseman. Lee, Giambi, Clark and Olerud. Granted many of them will be gone next year but as nice as it sounds I don't see it happening. Too bad but one can dream right Tino?

Guidry as pitching coach. Heard Neil Allen was in line for it. I seem to recall that name. Think he pitched in the bigs, maybe for LA or the Mets...or maybe he was an astronaut. Got an astronaut sounding name!

Girardi on the bench would be very nice but are you training him for something or having him give Joe advice? I think Joe G would have to do some minor league coaching before he got to the dance. After all it's not like he's Don Mattingly or something. I just hope Bucky Dent doesn't end up sitting next to Joe. Just don't like Dent as a guy involved in big league decisions.

#7578 --- 11/06/04 09:12 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Coach64 Offline

Loc: Houghton, MI
Mattingly is going to be the bench coach because in my eyes he is the heir to the throne and very honestly could be the manager at the start of next season. With this move i belive that they will make Paul Oneill the hitting coach. The pitching coach, thats another story, as i have not heard any rumblings of that nature but if clemens, were not pitching, than i would throw his name into the fire, because george deffinately wants him going inot the hall wearing the interlocking NY.

#7579 --- 11/06/04 02:05 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Highlander Offline

I certainly can't vouch for this article's reliability.

NY Times Article

Quote:

Yankees Are Said to Be Hiring Girardi as Bench Coach
By JACK CURRY

Published: November 6, 2004

While the Yankees wait for their pitching coach, Mel Stottlemyre, to change his mind about retiring, they are ready to hire Joe Girardi to replace Willie Randolph as bench coach.
The Yankees would not comment yesterday on Girardi's status, but Girardi has told associates that he has agreed to sit beside Manager Joe Torre next season.
Girardi spent last season announcing games for the YES Network, but he has long had a desire to return to the Yankees in an on-the-field capacity.
With Girardi poised to become the bench coach, he would presumably surpass Don Mattingly as the leading candidate to succeed Torre. Randolph and Mattingly were considered the top candidates from the 2004 staff, but Randolph is now managing the Mets and Mattingly, as batting coach, has slipped a rung beneath Girardi

#7580 --- 01/03/05 05:26 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Quote:

I'd like to see 'Louisiana Lightning' as Mel's replacement and Girardi sitting along side Torre on the bench!

Hey, Tino's a free agent!

We are Family !

"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. When you wish upon a star your DREAMS come true"

Congratulations Tino...on your namesake coming back home! Si, Si, sede benvenuta, Tino! Welcome home friend!

What are Paullie and Scott up to these days?

#7581 --- 01/06/05 11:18 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Rascal Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Brewerton, NY, USA

#7582 --- 01/07/05 06:17 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Nice picture Rascal. I guess the next obvious question would be I wonder if Alex squats when he pees.

#7583 --- 01/08/05 09:48 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
exyankeeguy Offline

Loc: Gulf of Mexico
In all honesty, I dont blame A-Rod for attempting that. Considering the umps, he almost got away with it. Damn conferences that they have lol. That ump Derringer in the KC St Louis series would have been proud if that call had stood lmao

#7584 --- 01/09/05 10:20 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Yankees resign Sierra.
EXCELLENT!!!
I feel like breaking into a McDonalds commercial..."I'm lovin' it."

#7585 --- 01/10/05 09:11 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
roadguy Offline

Loc: here
Wow...the Yankees average age gets older and older with each signing.

It's going to be interesting in a few years when all these guys retire. Considering the wonderful farm system they have now.

Wait!! I get it! George wants the Yankees to be the Oakland Raiders of baseball.

#7586 --- 01/10/05 05:42 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Not older...more seasoned.

#7587 --- 01/15/05 07:40 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

I noticed Randy is already conforming, he's sans the mullet !

#7588 --- 01/17/05 11:35 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
exyankeeguy Offline

Loc: Gulf of Mexico
I dont think we have to worry about that mean streak Randy has. If he treats the media that way, just imagine how he'll treat the Red Sox! lol

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >