Just have the 'Derek taking over feeling'

Ah yes, the Mr. October air apparent!

I don't ask for much, I only want your trust,
And you know it don't come easy.

FingerLakes1.com
#7510 --- 10/08/04 10:28 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Elliot Offen Offline

Loc: riiiiiight???
no no no.. Mr. NOVEMBER!!!! Mr. October is passe..

Derek is amazing. I convinced a Red Sox fan that he is the premier shortstop in the league, despite what stats say. He really has no peers as far as I am concerned. He may not be the guy that goes 4-5 when they pile on for a nice 10-2 win.. but he will go 2-4 in those clutch games where the team needs him. Look at the first 2 games. A key bunt, lead off homerun to set the tone, a great defensive play on a ball up the middle. They seem routine, but when Jeter does it, there is a special something about it. I don't want to sound like a homer or anything, but there really is no other guy in the league that can set the tone quite like Jeter. Ok.. I am a homer, but Jeter rocks!

#7511 --- 10/09/04 07:28 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Loc: Out in the ozone
Had a conversation with my die-hard Red Sox fan brother on just that same topic about Jeter. After I told him I was rooting for the Sox to win and he said that he's rooting for the Yankees (we need the rematch) he confided his envy for Jeter. The guy is just the comsumate team player and leader. "Yes Mr. Torre, what do you need me to do? Lead off the game with a 440 foot home run? Yes sir. Lay down a sacrifice bunt? Yes sir. Sacrifice fly? Yes sir. Ground out to the right side to advance the runner from second to third so someone else can drive him in? I can do that for you sir."

If ever the naming of a team captain was appropriate, it seems that the naming of Jeter has been the most correct ever.

MVP? NO contest on the Yankees and even Gary Sheffield the apparent MVP based on stats this year would agree. They can do without any player... except Jeter.

Maybe he should be called Mr. Marapmajunlyaugseptober.

#7512 --- 10/09/04 12:09 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Torre said of Jeter: "He'll kid me a lot when he leads off -- 'Now you want me to take pitches' -- and winks because he knows he's not going to do that.

#7513 --- 10/09/04 12:14 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
YES!

#7514 --- 10/09/04 08:02 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

RUBEN SIERRA!!! Off the scrap heap and into Yankee history.

The right man at the right place at the right time.

Now that it's set, it can be said,

BRING ON THE DEAD SOX!!!

#7515 --- 10/10/04 07:16 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Elliot Offen Offline

I liked Psycho Steve Lyons call of the game last night when he correctly predicted that Sierra was looking to "go out and hook one into the right field seats"!
Wow.. Good solid outing my Loaiza. Would like Vasquez to have gone that far and pitched better. Oh well. Kudos to Torre for being 'smart' enough to save Moose for the first game of the ALCS.(yeah.. saving the Moose for game 5 my butt!)
Torre says.. we're the Yankees, they're the RedSox. It's supposed to be...

#7516 --- 10/10/04 10:39 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Vasquez just pitched himself out of contention for a start against Boston (I think and hope). With his penchant for giving up home runs he would get slaughtered against the Red Sox. Maybe El Duque's arm will recover enough for him to go in game 3 v the Dead Sox. An 80% Hernandez looks to be better than a 100% Vasquez right now. What a crapshoot Vasquez has become. We could see a game 3 by committee for the Yankees.

#7517 --- 10/10/04 08:31 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Houston, we may have a problem....

It is being reported a cousin of Mrs. Rivera was electrocuted along with his son while cleaning Mariano's pool which was surrounded by an electric fence at his home in Panama City.

Reportedly, Mrs. Rivera is enroute to that location, supposedly accompanied by Mo.

Of course, our thoughts & prayers are with the Rivera family !

It is not clear at this time if Mariano will be on the Tuesday night game roster !!!!

#7518 --- 10/12/04 04:57 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

He can get there late. They won't need him until, oh about...11:15 tonight.

#7519 --- 10/12/04 05:12 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Petey Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY USA
Who does Curt Schilling think he is? That arrogant son of a gun actually thinks he is going to shut up 55,000+ fans. He has absolutely no idea what he is getting himself into tonight.

#7520 --- 10/12/04 05:15 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Petey Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY USA
Has anyone actually seen those T-shirts that were pulled by MLB yesterday that said "Hey Red Sox ... Who's your daddy?" in person?

#7521 --- 10/12/04 06:02 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Saw a picture of one on-line yesterday. Had the words "Hey Red Sox, Who's your Daddy?" and a picture of a red baby pacifier with the Boston red Sox logo on the sucker end of it. Too bad mlb pulled them off the market. Want to see it? Go to:

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3075706

Can't wait to hear the chant tomorrow when Martinez pitches. I expect it will be like the "Let's Go Yankees" Clap, clap, clap clap clap. With the last three claps being real close together...except it will "Who's your Daddy, clap, clap, clap clap clap. It should be awesome!

#7522 --- 10/13/04 06:32 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

There is no reason that I should NOT have fingernails today. NO REASON. That game last night got a lot more interesting than it needed to.

Oh, and congratulations to Johnny Damon on his
GOLDEN SOMBRERO!!!

#7523 --- 10/13/04 09:11 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Don Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Holy Cow! Last night's game turned around in a blink of an eye. It's a shame we had to use Mariano. All game long I was thinking how this game was going to be such a godsend seeing that the Yanks could rest their bullpen. Not the case!

Tonight we see if the Yanks truly are Pedro's daddy. If they score on him early expect it to snowball as the Yankee Stadium crowd will be going nuts! On the other side of the ball we'll have to see which Jon Lieber shows up.

There is NOTHING in sports better than this series!

#7524 --- 10/13/04 11:25 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

I hope Jon Lieber does not throw everything down the middle as he is prone to do. This "throws strikes, works fast" thing may not be the best plan against a team that can knock the stuffing out of the ball, i.e. the Red Sox. He needs to work the corners and set people up because if his mindset is to "walk no one at all costs" then the Sox are going to be sitting dead red all night against him...and that scares the bejezzuz out of me.

...and yes it does not get any better than this.

#7525 --- 10/13/04 06:33 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

I feel as bad about Curt Schilling being hurt as Red Sox fans feel about El Duque's arm problem.

****** for tat baby. Pitch him, it's a long off season.

#7526 --- 10/13/04 06:34 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Breast for tat? Gimme a break!

#7527 --- 10/14/04 06:32 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Elliot Offen Offline

Leiber was outstanding. Better than expected. As Jim Rome would say, C3POlerud came through big last night. That's a professional.

Of course, all the Yankees are professionals when you compare them to the wannabe rebel Redintheface sox. I mean seriously, can they try any harder to be the anti-Yankees? They don't want to be anything the Yankees are..
The Boss says "Clean Shaven", so the Dead Sox grow facial hair and that Captain Caveman and Jericurl stuff.
The Boss demands that players play like champions, so the Bad Hair Sox play like a solid second place team.

Yup, they are the Anti-Yankees for sure!

Oh yeah.. Who's your Daddy??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=25025&item=5130865692&rd=1

#7528 --- 10/14/04 07:18 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
SW FL guy Offline

Loc: SW FL
Lieber was "nails" last night-period !
(more Jim Rome gloss ??)
and the chants of "who's your Daddy"
and "Pedro" reminded me of the
"Darryl" chants back in the day !!
Talk about getting into someone's head !

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >