FingerLakes1.com Forums
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#7489 --- 09/30/04 09:53 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Elliot Offen Offline

Loc: riiiiiight???
and I let my Pink Sox fan friend know that ALL the time...

FingerLakes1.com
#7490 --- 10/01/04 06:27 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Petey Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY USA
On foxsports.com, it was reported that 9 kids in summit, n.j. found box-seat tickets to the New York Yankees playoff games. Instead of keeping them and going to any of the playoff games, they give them back to Wachovia Bank. In return for their honesty, they are given stupid New Jersey Nets tickets. If it was me, at that age, I would of kept the tickets and gone to the games. Who would not want to keep the tickets and go to a playoff game or games to possibly see a team win a world championship. The Nets are definitely not going to do it this year.

#7491 --- 10/01/04 07:54 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Loc: Out in the ozone
Betcha you do see those kids in George's box during the playoffs. Give this time to develop Petey. George won't miss a chance to show that he's a good guy.

P.S. Yankee scrubs getting one hit thru 7 innings as they sleep walk through a totally meaningless game which I'm not even bothering to watch.

#7492 --- 10/01/04 10:53 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Don Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Ichiro just broke Sisler's record. It was great stuff!

#7493 --- 10/03/04 05:11 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Sweet, we get Minnesota. 15-3 against them in the last 3 years including a recent 3 game sweep. Sweet, got the right match up, avoided the hot team Anaheim.

Atlanta gets the hotty in the NL, Houston.

Second season starting. Here we go baby!!!

GO BRONX BOMBERS!!!!

#7494 --- 10/03/04 05:22 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Z Genius Lusifer Offline
Diamond Member

Loc: inside your head & under your ...
I hate it whenever we play Anaheim, what is it with them?
What's the record against them anyway?

#7495 --- 10/03/04 05:26 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

4 and 5 this year I think and they have no problem winning when they play in New York. I'm going to gag on my next statement but:

LET'S GO RED SOX!!!

#7496 --- 10/03/04 08:02 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Petey Offline

Thank God we have Minnesota again this year. I couldn't bare the idea of playing Anaheim in the playoffs this year with what happened 2 years ago. With the way the Yankees have played against the Twins the past few years, it might be easy to say that the Yankees are going to move to the ALCS in at least 4 games.

Does anyone know how Boston and Anaheim did against each other this year.

#7497 --- 10/04/04 02:08 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

9 games played, 5-4 Sox. When do the playoff rosters get announced?

Do you put Giambi on the first round roster? By performance, no. By Joe's loyalty thing, yes. I think he's on yet my first impression is that he isn't. Who else is "at risk"? If Giambi is on then is Olerud off or Clark? Don't need 3 first basemen but who should sit??? Probably Clark. Bubba? I think yes for pinch running? Ruben? yes too. Karsay? No. Quantrill? Tough one. Been shaky lately, overworked. Sturtze? DEFINITELY! Lofton? He could easily be left off IMO. Loaiza? Nope.

Real curious about Giambi especially.

#7498 --- 10/04/04 04:16 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Highlander Offline

I just heard it confirmed, Giambi is off the first round roster !

#7499 --- 10/04/04 08:31 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Are the playoff rosters posted somewhere on line? Been looking for them but can't find them.

#7500 --- 10/04/04 10:11 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Highlander Offline

I don't know about that, Ed. I heard the Giambi omission in an interview w/ Joe Torre on the YES Network.

10/04/2004 2:05 PM ET
Statement from George M. Steinbrenner
Principal Owner, New York Yankees

"I'm just hopeful -- hopeful that the pitching is OK and that we are playing championship baseball. I am hopeful for New York and I want to give New York a championship."

Where's that authoritative confidence, General ?

#7501 --- 10/05/04 06:01 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Finally found out about rosters. They need to be finalized by 10 a.m. today. Chatter seems to be if Loaiza is added as "insurance" against El Duque's questionability then that would probably leave Giambi off the roster. Torre's interview on YES did sound like Quantrill was on the roster though. Didn't hear about first base but I suspect it's both Clark and Olerud on w/ Giambi therefore out.

#7502 --- 10/05/04 07:52 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Petey Offline

Eddie,

How could you possibly even question El Duque's post season experience. Yes, his last two starts have not been particularly great. In part, there might of been one of his last starts where he threw 120 some odd pitches. But he should not be left off of the post season roster. Who would you carry then. Crosby?

#7503 --- 10/06/04 08:51 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Don Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls, NY
Well we're down 0-1 to the Twins, just like last year. I'm not feeling quite so confident this time around however.

I was upset to see Mariano Rivera come out to pitch the top of the 9th last night. Almost felt like we wasted him. We might need him in the next 2-3 games. I would have atleast liked to see Torre try someone else first and see if they could get through the 9th without allowing any baserunners before Rivera came out.

Santana showed why he should be the AL Cy Young winner. Mussina pitched great but made more mistakes. Santana was outstading at letting the Yankees get on base but never cross home plate.

I was really hoping for a win last night. Thinking that Mussina was out best chance at a sure thing. Unfortunately Santana was better and now the Yanks are in serious trouble.

#7504 --- 10/06/04 11:51 AM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
They mentioned a stat during last night's game that pointed out the fact the Yankees historically lose game one of the playoff series a large percentage of the time.I can't remember the exact number. So, 'No worries, Mate'! I have faith in our Boys, the bats will come to life!!

The last time The Yankees were eliminated in Yankee Stadium was 22 years ago !

#7505 --- 10/06/04 10:33 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Petey Offline

YANKEES WIN!!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAA YANKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES WIIIIIIN!!!!!

#7506 --- 10/06/04 10:46 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
StillLearning Offline

Did they win yesturday?

#7507 --- 10/08/04 04:32 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Tino Offline

Loc: Seneca Falls
Yankee 'memory' is so very easily manipulated ~ If Brown can come up BIG tonight, all will be forgotten as well as forgiven ! I hope he surprises, the 'ole shock and awe, a lot of people this evening! I am receiving some positive vibes, hope I'm right!

It don't come easy, ya know it don't come easy!

#7508 --- 10/08/04 05:05 PM Re: NEW YORK YANKEES
Eddie Offline

Got to pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues and you know it don't come easy Thank you Mr. Starkey.

I have good feelings too Tino. Just have the 'Derek taking over feeling', the " we have an appointment with some people from Boston and we'd reather not break our plans" feeling.

Read where Kevin Brown, uncharacteristically, called a team meeting when he came back from the injury and cleared the air by apologizing for hurting the team thru his stupidity and said that he just let his competitive nature get the best of him. Obviously his independent nature has not allowed the Joe Torre mantra to sink in yet. It's team first Kevin, we know you are trying your best. Just keep trying and remember to do things in the TEAM'S best interest. Derek, Bernie, Jorge know. Gary and Alex have learned as have many others. For Kevin Brown it seems to have taken a little longer.

Yes, good feelings about this evening.

LET'S GO YANKEES!!!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >